Iowa State

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Iowa State

Newbie here. My step-dad is a SDSU alumn who has asked me to tag along to the game Thursday night, gotta admit, i'm looking forward to the game as we got tickets from SDSU. For one night anyway, i'll be a Jackrabbit fan....the Huskers are my main love and passion My step-dad is from Burke and I just love going to South Dakota to visit family.

Comment

Originally posted by garn View Post
      Newbie here. My step-dad is a SDSU alumn who has asked me to tag along to the game Thursday night, gotta admit, i'm looking forward to the game as we got tickets from SDSU. For one night anyway, i'll be a Jackrabbit fan....the Huskers are my main love and passion My step-dad is from Burke and I just love going to South Dakota to visit family.
      Welcome! Drop by when you can and chime in on the conversations!
      "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Let's Go Rabbits!!!!!!!!!!!! Dah Dah Da Da Dah. Let's Go Rabbits!!!!!!!!!!! Can't Wait. Hope To See You There!

Comment

I know how excited we are getting for the start of the season and the ISU game. I can only imagine how the players feel. Coaches will have them focused and ready. Lets get it on......

Go Jacks !!!!!!!
          http://members.cox.net/geauxcolonels...t/SDSU_bar.png

Comment

Originally posted by footballfan View Post
            I know how excited we are getting for the start of the season and the ISU game. I can only imagine how the players feel. Coaches will have them focused and ready. Lets get it on......

Go Jacks !!!!!!!
            Amen, and I will be cheering especially for No 97 for the Jacks. I am happy to see he is getting preseason recognition.

Comment

Originally posted by eqguy View Post
              I just sprouted wood
              OMG that is funny!

Top five post. Easy.

GB, GB, GJ!

SUPERBUNNY
              MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

College Football News picked Iowa State to win 34-20. This is actually a pretty good sign of respect for SDSU (or a lack of respect for Iowa State) by this website. They generally fall in the 50-3 prediction range for most FBS/FCS games over the last few years.

If I remember right, they may have picked NDSU to beat Minnesota last year.

Here's a link to their prediction breakdown if anyone's interested. It's the second game listed on the page.

http://cfn.scout.com/2/769402.html
                “Who's more foolish: the fool, or the fool who follows him?” - Obi-Wan Kenobi

Comment

This isn't meant to be inflammatory, just realistic. SDSU will not score more than 13 with our starters in the game. The only chance you have is if our inexperienced qb's falter and you make amazing special teams plays.

Comment

Originally posted by cyclonenick View Post
                    This isn't meant to be inflammatory, just realistic. SDSU will not score more than 13 with our starters in the game. The only chance you have is if our inexperienced qb's falter and you make amazing special teams plays.

UNI
                    Believe it....we have a chance.
                    SDSU...Passionate, Relentless, Champions.

Comment

• Re: Iowa State

Oh trust me, I believe you have a chance. That is why I used the word in my first post. However, typing UNI is not going to make you a better football team.

Regardless of the outcome, I hope you all have a good time in Ames. If you're taking HWY 30 out of Ames I invite you to take the south dakota exit on the west side of town and stop by West Towne Pub for dinner.

Comment

Thing is anymore, I really don't think there's much difference between FCS schools and the BCS mid-major schools. It's not uncommon anymore to hear FCS schools knocking off BCS mid-major schools. I'll be anxious to see how ISU and SDSU match up size wise tomorrow night.

Comment

Welp...The weather forecast has changed since Monday:
                          Thursday: A 50 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 81. South wind around 7 mph becoming west northwest. New rainfall amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch, except higher amounts possible in thunderstorms.

Thursday Night: Partly cloudy, with a low around 52. North northwest wind around 7 mph.

Comment

Originally posted by thebluehatman View Post
                            Welp...The weather forecast has changed since Monday:
                            Thursday: A 50 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 81. South wind around 7 mph becoming west northwest. New rainfall amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch, except higher amounts possible in thunderstorms.

Thursday Night: Partly cloudy, with a low around 52. North northwest wind around 7 mph.
                            We can deal with that. The alumni tent will be a big one and I've got the canopy. A quick shower or two isn't going to dampen our attitudes.
                            We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Thursday: Showers and thunderstorms likely, mainly before 1pm. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 81. South southeast wind around 9 mph becoming northwest. Chance of precipitation is 70%. New rainfall amounts between a quarter and half of an inch possible.

Thursday Night: Partly cloudy, with a low around 52. North northwest wind between 5 and 7 mph.

Comment

As for the kicking game, Stig says one will kick off and one will kick FG's. I gotta admit that I'm worried about either ones ability to make PAT's much less FG's. We didn't move the ball that well inside the opponents 20 yard line last year. Parker bailed us out a bunch. If Peter or Kyle doesn't step up I'm afraid we could really be hurting when it comes to putting points on the board.

Cole Brode will return punts and kicks. I'm guessing JaRon will be back their with him on kickoffs.

We need our special teams to hold their own tomorrow. I don't hear a lot of confidence from Stig as it pertains to the kicking game.
                                We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Working...
                                X