X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Iowa State

Originally posted by propar80 View Post
    Jack MD,
    Once you've finalized the spot you'll be at, let us know. I've got a group meeting at the Flying J at 9:00 am and we'll need a tailgating spot also. So if we can park next to you, the more blue and yellow the better if that's OK with you!!

Go Jacks!!
    Agreed. Take a look at the attached map and let me know what you guys think. Lots G2 and G3 are near the alumni tent but generally regarded as "student tailgate" sites. I've been told things can get a little rowdy in that area.

Just east of G6 and north of G7 near the creek/river there are several private non-university owned lots/open areas where tailgating is allowed ($15/vehicle). One of the Iowa State guys suggested the area near G6 would be a little more "sophisticated", if you know what I mean. He said its still very close to the stadium and also allows for a quick route out of town after the game. He said the students would clog up the lots at G2 and G3 for the majority of the night and into the morning hours. I've got to travel early on Friday morning out of Des Moines so a quick get away would be a good thing.

So, I'm leaning strongly towards the area near G6. Its apparently referred to as the "haunted forest" lot. I'm told if you ask for it by that name people will know what you are talking about.

https://admin.xosn.com//share/ViewPh...D_IMAGE_SIZE=0

We should be there between 1-2 pm Thursday. Just look for the Jackrabbit flag (new mascot) and the white YJC flag flying below it. I'll have one grill and a blue canopy. If we get a bunch of people it might be helpful for someone else to bring a grill as well.
    We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

High of 85, low of 56 with a 40% chance of isolated T-storms. If we get some sprinkles I plan to crash the alumni tent gathering. I have a 10' x 10' canopy with rain/wind sides but that gets a little crowded.
      We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
        Agreed. Take a look at the attached map and let me know what you guys think. Lots G2 and G3 are near the alumni tent but generally regarded as "student tailgate" sites. I've been told things can get a little rowdy in that area.

Just east of G6 and north of G7 near the creek/river there are several private non-university owned lots/open areas where tailgating is allowed ($15/vehicle). One of the Iowa State guys suggested the area near G6 would be a little more "sophisticated", if you know what I mean. He said its still very close to the stadium and also allows for a quick route out of town after the game. He said the students would clog up the lots at G2 and G3 for the majority of the night and into the morning hours. I've got to travel early on Friday morning out of Des Moines so a quick get away would be a good thing.

So, I'm leaning strongly towards the area near G6. Its apparently referred to as the "haunted forest" lot. I'm told if you ask for it by that name people will know what you are talking about.

https://admin.xosn.com//share/ViewPh...D_IMAGE_SIZE=0

We should be there between 1-2 pm Thursday. Just look for the Jackrabbit flag (new mascot) and the white YJC flag flying below it. I'll have one grill and a blue canopy. If we get a bunch of people it might be helpful for someone else to bring a grill as well.

G6 sounds good to me. Unfortunately some us are going to have to head back after the game, so a quick route out, would be a plus!

Thanks MD!

Go Jacks!!
        SDSU...Passionate, Relentless, Champions.

Comment

Sounds like people should be betting on the Cyclones. I've seen spreads ranging from + 7pts up to + 9 1/2 pts. Vegas has more confidence in the Rabbits then many posting on this site. I'm heading to Ames looking for a victory! Side Note - I've already laid $100 on the Rabbits to cover 9 1/2 - GO RABBITS!

Comment

Why trust weather.com for coverage of weather? They'd rather show how weather changed history or green living styles instead of actual weather.The real forecast by the true experts at the National Weather Service in Des Moines:Thursday: A 20 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 84. Thursday Night: Partly cloudy, with a low around 61

Comment

Originally posted by thebluehatman View Post
              Why trust weather.com for coverage of weather? They'd rather show how weather changed history or green living styles instead of actual weather.The real forecast by the true experts at the National Weather Service in Des Moines:Thursday: A 20 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 84. Thursday Night: Partly cloudy, with a low around 61

PERFECT!!!!!
              SDSU...Passionate, Relentless, Champions.

Comment

Ahh the Ice House. Spent many nights and days there. Helps when the cousins own it. Looking forward to the game, even though it will be on the internet. You guys and ladies going make some noise and make us South Dakota Stateians proud of the victory come thursday night.

Comment

Got my first Ice House experience this summer. My dad has talked about it since I was old enough to remember. Interesting place to say the least.

Did anyone get a chance to hear the Chizik interview on Craig and John today? When I got in the car after work I had the unfortunate pleasure of hearing Craig give his analysis of the interview which only proved the theory that he knows not of what he speaks.
                  "The purpose of life is not to be happy - but to matter, to be productive, to be useful, to have it make some difference that you have lived at all."
                  -Leo Rosten

Comment

Originally posted by eqguy View Post
                    Got my first Ice House experience this summer. My dad has talked about it since I was old enough to remember. Interesting place to say the least.
                    I am going to try and get the Yankton Jackrabbit Club down to the Ice House this fall and get a picture taken. I will get it on the forum for all to see what a unique place this really is.

Comment

Jack, not sure how you will show the uniqueness in a picture. Will we stand in a mound of broken glass with a bottle of hand sanitzer in our hands?

Comment

Since I can't stop thinking about the game (and can't stop being pi$$ed that I can't actually be there in person) I thought I'd throw out how I hope the first couple of series play out. I know Stig and the boys script their offensive plays, so here is my script (I hope).

1) We win the toss - defer to the second half
                        2) A good effort by both kicker and coverage and ISU starts with the ball at their own 28.
                        3) They employ the "we're in the big 12 and you're not" offensive strategy and try to run over us with a basic run up the middle. Our D-line easily overpowers them with Schroeder making the tackle for a loss of about a yard.
                        4) They keep the same game plan to show the first play was a fluke. Another stop for little or no gain on a run off tackle.
                        5) 3 & out after a pass play where the ISU QB throws his intended pass 5 yards in front of his receiver. To say he looks a little jittery is to put it nicely.
                        6) After a decent punt return, we have the ball on our own 35.
                        7) Berry and O comes out crisp and executes a short passing attack to perfection, reeling off 3 completions in a row for a combined 20 yards of offense before a run to Minett on 2nd and short to pick up the Jacks 2nd first down in 4 plays.
                        8) Berry hits another short route followed by another run setting up 3rd and short.
                        9) Berry playactions to Harris down the sideline for a 40+ yard touchdown bomb as the Jacks catch the safety biting on the run.
                        10) ISU fans finally get answer to "how loud can 2000 SDSU fans really be?" ISU's QB is doing his best deer in the headlights impression on the sideline. Total time off the clock - 5:45.

Jacks lead 7-0 and we have a game.

Usually for an upset to happen the upsettee needs to come out too confident and the upsetter (yes, I made those words up) needs to come out with a concise and crisp game plan on O. We have the D-line to overpower their O-line - I'm certain of that. We have the QB and WR's to execute a well thought out short passing attack with the intention of getting ISU on their heals on D. We pop a couple short runs on top of the short passing routes to give the impression we're going to dink & dunk our way down the field. Then we hit them with a bomb to a WR who is faster than anyone on their Defense. I just feel like something along these lines is going to happen.
                        "You just stood their screaming. Fearing no one was listening to you. Hearing only what you wanna hear. Knowing only what you heard." Metallica

Comment

I remember the first time i went to the ice house last summer, i didn't know what it was all about. I purchased a bucket of can beer. Then i couldnt understand why people were throwing their bottles against the wall. Boy was i laughed at. great spot.

sorry back to the game.

Comment

Originally posted by MilwaukeeJacksAlum View Post
                            Since I can't stop thinking about the game (and can't stop being pi$$ed that I can't actually be there in person) I thought I'd throw out how I hope the first couple of series play out. I know Stig and the boys script their offensive plays, so here is my script (I hope).

1) We win the toss - defer to the second half
                            2) A good effort by both kicker and coverage and ISU starts with the ball at their own 28.
                            3) They employ the "we're in the big 12 and you're not" offensive strategy and try to run over us with a basic run up the middle. Our D-line easily overpowers them with Schroeder making the tackle for a loss of about a yard.
                            4) They keep the same game plan to show the first play was a fluke. Another stop for little or no gain on a run off tackle.
                            5) 3 & out after a pass play where the ISU QB throws his intended pass 5 yards in front of his receiver. To say he looks a little jittery is to put it nicely.
                            6) After a decent punt return, we have the ball on our own 35.
                            7) Berry and O comes out crisp and executes a short passing attack to perfection, reeling off 3 completions in a row for a combined 20 yards of offense before a run to Minett on 2nd and short to pick up the Jacks 2nd first down in 4 plays.
                            8) Berry hits another short route followed by another run setting up 3rd and short.
                            9) Berry playactions to Harris down the sideline for a 40+ yard touchdown bomb as the Jacks catch the safety biting on the run.
                            10) ISU fans finally get answer to "how loud can 2000 SDSU fans really be?" ISU's QB is doing his best deer in the headlights impression on the sideline. Total time off the clock - 5:45.

Jacks lead 7-0 and we have a game.

Usually for an upset to happen the upsettee needs to come out too confident and the upsetter (yes, I made those words up) needs to come out with a concise and crisp game plan on O. We have the D-line to overpower their O-line - I'm certain of that. We have the QB and WR's to execute a well thought out short passing attack with the intention of getting ISU on their heals on D. We pop a couple short runs on top of the short passing routes to give the impression we're going to dink & dunk our way down the field. Then we hit them with a bomb to a WR who is faster than anyone on their Defense. I just feel like something along these lines is going to happen.
                            I just sprouted wood
                            "The purpose of life is not to be happy - but to matter, to be productive, to be useful, to have it make some difference that you have lived at all."
                            -Leo Rosten

Comment

I just sprouted wood
                              Quite possibly the best post I've ever read on this board. Many rep points to you!

Comment

I just sprouted wood
                                I was kinda of thinking this was a little TMI!

Comment

Working...
                                X