Ndsu

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Ndsu

Man, took over a half hour to get out of the parking lot and 20 minutes to get in. We aren't used to that. Ride home sure went fast. Couldn't wipe the smile off face. What a great game. Both teams had some turnover issues and the penalties seemed to hurt us more. Special teams hurt NDSU more. Pretty even game though. That Roell is a stud.

Great news from Dana Dykhouse. What a week w/ Avera committing to 15 mil and now this. Ground breaking at the innovation campus. SDSU men playing good BB tonight, women BB good Thursday nite and hopefully against Missouri, VB wind tourney today, Great West Champs, Dakota Marker back where it belongs, beating a good NDSU.

What a great week for State!!!

Comment

Last week, by Sunday night I thought (and posted that thought) that the last 48 hours may have been the greatest 48 hours in SDSU athletic history: two volleyball wins, including breating the defendiing Summit champ to win the regular season championship, our first D-1 team title; two women's basketball wins, and a Jackrabbit win to set up this week's championship game.

Now I've just got to expand that to eight days, and say with today's win, the Dakota marker, our first football conference championship in many moons, and then the volleyball team wins the Summit League Championship Tournament in five-games over IPFW...I mean it just is almost overwhelming!! It HAS been an AWESOME eight days.

Today's announcement of the $6 million seed gifts for the Dykhouse Student Athlete Center was icing on the cake! Thanks to the Dykhouse family and T. Denny Stanford!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Jack4Life View Post
        My only regret of the day is that the teams did not get chance to shake hands since our team ran to the marker while the Bison went to the lockers.
        Mitch Erickson shook hands. Don't know if anyone else did.

Comment

Just got home from the great football game and the encouraging basketball performance. Going to have to read all the threads.

Great day to be a Jackrabbit. Met some of the other regulars on this Message Board too...great people.

What a week for the Jackrabbits!

Comment

I have to say that the Bison fans as a group are a bunch of a-holes. They don't need to interupt the National Anthem with there "Home of the Bison" chant at the end.

Fortunately I was surrounded by about ten brave rabbits in the north endzone of green and I got a lot of "that's annoying" and "don't ring that in my ear" when shaking the cowbell.

I think they forgot that Coughlin is my house and they didn't have to come if they didn't like it.

That being said the half dozen Bison fans I talked to were actually pretty good people.
            (I didn't shake the bell in their ears.)

Go Jackrabbits!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What a fun day.

I don't know what I am going to do for the rest of the fall.

Comment

Originally posted by BitsTD View Post
              I have to say that the Bison fans as a group are a bunch of a-holes. They don't need to interupt the National Anthem with there "Home of the Bison" chant at the end.

Fortunately I was surrounded by about ten brave rabbits in the north endzone of green and I got a lot of "that's annoying" and "don't ring that in my ear" when shaking the cowbell.

I think they forgot that Coughlin is my house and they didn't have to come if they didn't like it.

That being said the half dozen Bison fans I talked to were actually pretty good people.
              (I didn't shake the bell in their ears.)

Go Jackrabbits!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What a fun day.

I don't know what I am going to do for the rest of the fall.
              I also found the "home of the bison" during the National Anthem to be a little tacky. The "move the chains", the fourth down bit, and the countless other things that they do was very annoying. It didn't help sitting on the east side surrounded by bison fans. Kudos to them though, they brought down a great crowd. I think our goal should be to emulate that kind of support next year. I'm not saying that we don't have great fans as well, but the pure numbers they showed at Coughlin looked very impressive.

Comment

I sat in section K and there were lots of Bison and I thought they were great fans. Sure, they did their 'move the chains' etc. but so what...great fan support for their teams. And our cowbells ARE annoying -- I shook the heck out of mine most of the game!!

Bison fans are like our best fans: extremely loyal to their team. They didn't knock the Jackrabbits, they supported their team loudly. Great fans. I think their exhuberance kept me uneasy the whole game and I had to keep reminding myself: hey, we're leading in this game, calm down!

I like playing against a team like NDSU with fans like NDSU fans. What an atmosphere!

Comment

It was an awesome game and an awesome day! Just got home from the b-ball and have not read all the threads, yet. I was not next to any Bison fans, but would have to say they do a great job of supporting their team. The "home of the Bison" is tacky (no different than UND and the "home of the Sioux"), but otherwise I think we should be more vocal like them. I was hoping our guys would shake hands first, but this has become the pattern. The game itself was great to watch and a huge congratulations and thanks to the coaches and players for a very good season and, finally, a conference championship. Believe it or not, my arms were cramping up while eating at George's from all of my cowbell ringing! The O line came up huge on the last two possessions. So many big plays on our side- forcing 3 TO's while only having one of our own, the amazing punt return, the punt block and Koenig's run! SDSU -Great West Conference Champs!

Comment

Was anybody at the 1985 game (the previous attendance record)? If so how did the crowds rank? This crowd looked bigger then 16,345(I'm beginning to wonder if they actually knock down the figure)

Comment

Originally posted by SD-STATE View Post
                      I also found the "home of the bison" during the National Anthem to be a little tacky. The "move the chains", the fourth down bit, and the countless other things that they do was very annoying.

See: That's the way
                      uh-huh uh-huh I like it, and a few hundred cowbells, but I suppose that's different.

Congrats to the Jacks on a heck of a win, and I look forward to our meetings in the Gateway.

Comment

Sorry it's taken me so long to congratulate you guys on the great win and a conference championship (been sicker than a dog the last week). Anyway, the Jacks played hard-nosed, slobberknocking football and won a game they deserved to win. Some great hits on defense but, more importantly, great tackles - guys weren't afraid to stick their noses into a play instead of just a shoulder.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by joeboo22 View Post
                            Was anybody at the 1985 game (the previous attendance record)? If so how did the crowds rank? This crowd looked bigger then 16,345(I'm beginning to wonder if they actually knock down the figure)
                            I was at the '85 game. The crowds were pretty comparable.

The temporary stands at the south end weren't at all full yesterday. We could have gotten at least a thousand more Jackrabbit fans in.
                            "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

I was in section K myself. About 50-50 BISON to Jack fans.

It was a good time. Lots of cheering and yelling from both. Took a little joshing from the guys behind us but it was all in good fun.

The cheer during the anthem was lame.

Move the chains offending? Im sure the Jackrabbit fans didnt expect the BISON Faithful to reamin quiet in their seats?

You guys have a geat stadium and are good hosts, right up there with the Gopher fans. Caughlin is a great atmoshpere for football.

Congratulations on a big win.
                              www.bisonsports.net

www.gobison.com

Comment

Originally posted by JBB123 View Post
                                I was in section K myself. About 50-50 BISON to Jack fans.

It was a good time. Lots of cheering and yelling from both. Took a little joshing from the guys behind us but it was all in good fun.

The cheer during the anthem was lame.

Move the chains offending? Im sure the Jackrabbit fans didnt expect the BISON Faithful to reamin quiet in their seats?

You guys have a geat stadium and are good hosts, right up there with the Gopher fans. Caughlin is a great atmoshpere for football.

Congratulations on a big win.
                                The only Bison behavior I had any kind of problem with is the National Anthem thing. When did y'all Bison fans start doing that? I associate that kind of thing with the Siouxsies (or with the K.C. Chiefs fans, whom I heartily despise being a Broncos fan).

All in all though, you NDSU folks are a big, positive upgrade in the rivalry department from our, um, former rivals.
                                "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Working...
                                X