Chris Wagner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Chris Wagner

That is a great time for a TE to run the 40. John Carlson from ND ran a 4.98 in the combine and is the #1 rated TE in the whole draft. Great day for Wags.

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue View Post
      That is a great time for a TE to run the 40. John Carlson from ND ran a 4.98 in the combine and is the #1 rated TE in the whole draft. Great day for Wags.
      Dallas Clark, Colts TE from Iowa ran 4.68 in 2003 and he's considered to be a fairly fast NFL tight end. Steve Heiden ran a 4.84 in 1998 (Google is a wonderful thing.)
      Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Originally posted by Rabbit3467 View Post
        Wow those numbers are great, except for the bench. 4.64 is impressive, what is he weighing in at now?
        I heard 259 on the day of the Pro Day.

Comment

Here's a link to how Chris compares to others at the combine... pretty comparable.

http://www.nfl.com/combine/top-performers

Comment

Chris worked out for the Panthers at Frost earlier this week. The Pack, Panthers and Patriots are all looking hard at Wags. Anyways. The Brookings Register had a story about him yesterday.
            http://www.brookingsregister.com/V2_...&story_id=1798
            Wagner hopes he will get a chance of his own to make an NFL team, and though he wasn't one of the 19 tight ends selected to attend the NFL Combine last month, his performance at several pro day workouts and individual workouts with pro scouts most certainly will have a significant impact on his chances. After he completes his workout at SDSU's upcoming pro day, there may be a few more private workouts, but he said it will be a tough wait until draft day.

"Yeah, it's going to get tough," Wagner said of the roughly 32 days that will unfold between SDSU's pro day and the Draft. "But you just try to stay busy and keep working hard."

Hard work and a dedication to the game may be exactly what made the former basketball recruit into a First-team All-Great West selection for coach John Stiegelmeier and the Jackrabbits, and he's hinging his hopes that it might be what helps him latch on at the highest level. While he was hesitant to name certain clubs, several NFL teams have shown interest in Wagner and have been to Brookings to meet him as recently as Tuesday.
            Read More at the link.

Comment

Very nice article, read it yesterday. Spoke with Stig Tuesday night and he thinks all 3 deserve a shot. I wouldn't expect him to think anything less.
              We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

I think today is Pro Day at Brookings.......Any reports on how the guys did?

Go Jacks !!!!!!
                http://members.cox.net/geauxcolonels...t/SDSU_bar.png

Comment

Originally posted by footballfan View Post
                  I think today is Pro Day at Brookings.......Any reports on how the guys did?

Go Jacks !!!!!!

I hope they are running the 40 yard dash...with the wind!!

Go Jacks!!
                  SDSU...Passionate, Relentless, Champions.

Comment

Originally posted by propar80 View Post
                    I hope they are running the 40 yard dash...with the wind!!

Go Jacks!!
                    Good grief, no kidding! I'ma swing by CAS right now to see if there is any activity still going on.

Edit: Nothing doin at CAS as of 4:15. Hope all went well!
                    Last edited by RowdyRabbit; 03-25-2008, 03:45 PM.
                    "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Pro Day is typically in the HPER. The 40's are ran up on the indoor track. Sorry, I don't think its gonna be very windy up there.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacked_Rabbit View Post
                        Pro Day is typically in the HPER. The 40's are ran up on the indoor track. Sorry, I don't think its gonna be very windy up there.
                        I wondered if it would be somewhere other than CAS..I just didn't know where.
                        "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

SDSU Pro Day Results for Wags:
                          4.7 40-yard
                          35.5" Vertical
                          10.5' Broad Jump
                          No word on the Shuttle
                          19 in the bench.

Comment

USD Pro Day Results for Wags:
                            4.64 40- official time, gained over .2 seconds from his training
                            36" Vertical
                            10.1' Broad Jump
                            4.0 Shuttle I believe
                            Only managed 20 in the bench

I thought I post this just so we could compare one pro-day vs. the other (without having to page back)
                            Last edited by RowdyRabbit; 03-25-2008, 05:29 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
                              Previous (USD?)Pro Day Results for Wags:
                              4.64 40- official time, gained over .2 seconds from his training
                              36" Vertical
                              10.1' Broad Jump
                              4.0 Shuttle I believe
                              Only managed 20 in the bench
                              Yes that was the USD Pro Day.

Comment

Great 40 for his size...electronic or hand held
                                Champions aren't made in the gyms. Champions are made from something they have deep inside them -- a desire, a dream, a vision.
                                Muhammad Ali

Comment

Working...
                                X