Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Central Arkansas

Originally posted by sdsujacksgrad View Post
    I'm road tripping down there with five others. I haven't seen any alumni events going on down there either. Tailgating starts at 10am and looks like we have an extra GA ticket because one guy backed out. Anyone else planning on going down?
    I hope that you enjoy your trip to Conway! Our tailgate scene has really taken off the past year or two...it is amazing!

Comment

While we compare stats..here are UCA's:

SCORING....................... 305
      Points Per Game............. 38.1
      RUSHING YARDAGE............... 1332
      Yards gained rushing........ 1470
      Average Per Game............ 166.5
      TDs Rushing................. 17
      PASSING YARDAGE............... 2466
      Att-Comp-Int................ 292-195-7
      Average Per Pass............ 8.4
      Average Per Catch........... 12.6
      Average Per Game............ 308.2
      TDs Passing................. 24
      TOTAL OFFENSE................. 3798
      Total Plays................. 620
      Average Per Play............ 6.1
      Average Per Game............ 474.8

Comment

I think this is going to be a close game. SDSU will primarily grind it out. UCA has some playmakers on offense that will hit on some big plays. I expect that in the late third and the fourth quarter both of our lines will assert themselves and we get a very hard fought win. Close game with the Jacks winning by 9 or less.

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

Hey guys,

I'm back again.

I'm going to be very interested in this game because I don't know what to think of UCA. It looks like they are pretty damn good.

But I don't know what to think of their defense with them letting everybody score all those points on them.

Offense and QB sound like they are damn good, though.

Too bad this is a night game the same time as our game with SFA or I would be glued to my laptop listening to it.

Doc

Comment

Welcome back, Doc...... Hoping that we can get win in Conway and show McNeese a few things so they can take care of business also. Hope to see you next year in Brookings

Go Jacks !!!!!!!
            http://members.cox.net/geauxcolonels...t/SDSU_bar.png

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks-02 View Post
              Central Arkansas is a pass happy team
              A couple years ago, you'd be right about this, but the offense has become very balanced the last few years.

This season 328 rushing attempts and 292 passing.

You may be saying that due to last year's game where we were forced to throw because your defense held the ground game to -16 yards. That's one of those records you don't want to set as an offense.

Like many of you have said already, this game may come down the defensive lines. Last season you dominated. This season we're pretty inexperienced as a unit, but when it comes time to make key stops, they've made them.

Comment

Originally posted by footballfan View Post
                Welcome back, Doc...... Hoping that we can get win in Conway and show McNeese a few things so they can take care of business also. Hope to see you next year in Brookings

Go Jacks !!!!!!!

Definitely plan on coming.

Doc

Comment

Originally posted by State_fan View Post
                  I know this is a bad way to think about how things could go down (given the inconsistency in college football these days between games), but Nicholls beat SFA 16-17. The only thing I know about this game is the score, but it definitely says that if we have our game on, we'll probably be alright.
                  I know this is a bad way to think about how things could go down (given the inconsistency in college football these days between games), but . . . .

UCA over Texas State 63-21
                  SDSU over Texas State 38-3

. . . definitely says that this could be a very close game.

Comment

Originally posted by MaxBaer View Post
                    I know this is a bad way to think about how things could go down (given the inconsistency in college football these days between games), but . . . .

You only beat them that bad after the Jackrabbits and the Cowboys softened them up for you.

Doc

Seriously, I do think we popped their conference dream bubble and they were down a little the week after they lost to us.

Comment

Doc wins that one.

SDSU 31, Central Arkansas 21

Comment

Originally posted by MaxBaer View Post

Lets take a closer look at texas state's defense during your game with them. If you look at who the defensive starters were over the course of the first four games of TSU's season against Cal Poly, Abilene, Baylor, and SDSU, the line up was pretty much set. Only one change which was after their game against Abilene. The next week against McNeese (after the SDSU game), 7 of those original 11 starters were still starting. And then finally for week 5, after McNeese, that number of original defensive starters was down to 5.

So, you managed to put up 63 against Texas State when they were practically starting their scout team defense.
                        Last edited by State_fan; 10-31-2007, 12:00 AM. Reason: Forgot about Cal Poly

Comment

Originally posted by State_fan View Post
                          Lets take a closer look at texas state's defense during your game with them. If you look at who the defensive starters were over the course of the first four games of TSU's season against Cal Poly, Abilene, Baylor, and SDSU, the line up was pretty much set. Only one change which was after their game against Abilene. The next week against McNeese (after the SDSU game), 7 of those original 11 starters were still starting. And then finally for week 5, after McNeese, that number of original defensive starters was down to 5.

So, you managed to put up 63 against Texas State when they were practically starting their scout team defense.
                          Rep points to State_fan for digging up that helpful information.
                          Holy nutmeg!

Comment

TxState has beaten SFA 52-29, scored more points than you guys did, since they played us. It is another one of those who beat who that beat who, doesn't mean squat.

Nicholls Ran so well on us because they had an offensive setup that 90% of our kids had never seen before. That isn't the case this week. Not saying we will dominate, just as most everyone here has stated, offenses should dominate, and UCA D makes the stop when it has too, just like they have been doing the past several weeks, since we got TJ back.

Also, we are undefeated at home in regular season, since Sept 2004.

Comment

Originally posted by ArrowsATC View Post
                              TxState has beaten SFA 52-29, scored more points than you guys did, since they played us. It is another one of those who beat who that beat who, doesn't mean squat.

Nicholls Ran so well on us because they had an offensive setup that 90% of our kids had never seen before. That isn't the case this week. Not saying we will dominate, just as most everyone here has stated, offenses should dominate, and UCA D makes the stop when it has too, just like they have been doing the past several weeks, since we got TJ back.

Also, we are undefeated at home in regular season, since Sept 2004.
                              Well looks like our Jackrabbits get to end another streak this weekend!

Comment

Originally posted by treyuca View Post
                                Like many of you have said already, this game may come down the defensive lines.
                                If this holds true, the Jacks will be fine.

Last season you dominated.
                                And we're better this year. Deeper, too.

This season we're pretty inexperienced as a unit, but when it comes time to make key stops, they've made them.
                                But they haven't faced the Jacks' O-line yet.

Close game, but Jacks take over in Q4.
                                @JacksFanInNeb

I've always believed that if someone wants to run a country, he should know how to run a tractor first.
                                --Steve Hartman, CBS Sunday

Comment

Working...
                                X