Central Arkansas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Central Arkansas

Great win! Cental Arkansa played well, but appear they ran our of gas. OL played great. Central Arkansas has a lot of guns, but SDSU really turned it up. Can't wait for SUU and NDSU.

Comment

Originally posted by SiouxFallsJack View Post
      Good luck to you too. I have enjoyed the games the past 2 seasons and hope to play you guys again in the future.
      Hopefully we will play again, and maybe we can win one sometime. Hopefully ya'll can win out..especially against NDSU!! I'll be rooting for you guys!

Comment

Originally posted by joshuca View Post
        Hopefully we will play again, and maybe we can win one sometime. Hopefully ya'll can win out..especially against NDSU!! I'll be rooting for you guys!
        I think there is a good chance. I would rather play UCA than some of the other schools. UCA has a good program, and I am sure they will regroup after this loss. Good programs often do.

Comment

Game coverage from the Conway newspaper:

http://www.thecabin.net/stories/1104...04070034.shtml

http://www.thecabin.net/stories/1104...04070052.shtml
          Holy nutmeg!

Comment

I just got back from Conway late last night. Let me first say the southern hospitality was amazing. We enjoyed tailgating and the folks who stopped by were very friendly and gracious that we drove down from South Dakota and Minnesota. The facilities and stadium are better than Coughlin. Afterwards there were fans who said we were probably the best team they'd seen play this year and one guy even said he thought we played as well if not better than Louisiana Tech a DI-A school.

Something I had never seen before. While the student section had thundersticks, there were two students standing in front of them with mics hooked to a PA system leading cheers. This occurred even while the both teams had the ball and while the ball was in play. What was even more amazing the cops at the games were getting on our fans in the first half with cowbells at the same time hip hop music was being played and these leader were chanting over the PA system thorugh the duration of the play. By the fourth quarter they were playing songs over the PA and the student section basically turned into a hip hop party.

What a great game! Go Jacks!

Comment

Thanks for those links, JimmyJack. I loved the following which is, I am have been told, a very accurate description of the so-called interception: "UCA got strong field position later in the first quarter when Corey McMurrian picked off a Jackrabbit pass at the SDS 49. On statistics, it was an interception. A police report would have called it strong arm robbery. McMurrian simiply wrestled the ball away from SDS receiver Cory Koenig."

That's lively writing!

I'd like to see them try that twice with Koenig (the defender would be missing his arm from the elbow).

Here's a link to another story from Joe Mos writing for the Log Cabin Democrat...nice, concise analysis of the game based on some key stats: http://www.thecabin.net/stories/1105...05070029.shtml

Comment

I agree with the writing style. It was fun to read the article. No shot at TV meant.

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

Originally posted by sdsujacksgrad View Post
                  I just got back from Conway late last night. Let me first say the southern hospitality was amazing. We enjoyed tailgating and the folks who stopped by were very friendly and gracious that we drove down from South Dakota and Minnesota. The facilities and stadium are better than Coughlin. Afterwards there were fans who said we were probably the best team they'd seen play this year and one guy even said he thought we played as well if not better than Louisiana Tech a DI-A school.

Something I had never seen before. While the student section had thundersticks, there were two students standing in front of them with mics hooked to a PA system leading cheers. This occurred even while the both teams had the ball and while the ball was in play. What was even more amazing the cops at the games were getting on our fans in the first half with cowbells at the same time hip hop music was being played and these leader were chanting over the PA system thorugh the duration of the play. By the fourth quarter they were playing songs over the PA and the student section basically turned into a hip hop party.

What a great game! Go Jacks!
                  Great post. Steve and Jerry both commented on WNAX that they were playing music and cheering right through the plays. I found that a little odd myself. Oh well, just a different approach.
                  We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
                    Great post. Steve and Jerry both commented on WNAX that they were playing music and cheering right through the plays. I found that a little odd myself. Oh well, just a different approach.
                    Yes, I remember hearing Steve and Jerry saying "the band just broke out into their very own concert."

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
                      Yes, I remember hearing Steve and Jerry saying "the band just broke out into their very own concert."
                      If anyone remembers the game here last year the team (UCA) had chants and songs that they did while they warmed up. They were so cocky they pretty much po'd the team before the game even started. One of their fans had commented that that is just how they do things down there. Oh well, to each their own.
                      "The purpose of life is not to be happy - but to matter, to be productive, to be useful, to have it make some difference that you have lived at all."
                      -Leo Rosten

Comment

Originally posted by eqguy View Post
                        If anyone remembers the game here last year the team (UCA) had chants and songs that they did while they warmed up. They were so cocky they pretty much po'd the team before the game even started. One of their fans had commented that that is just how they do things down there. Oh well, to each their own.
                        I do remember that now. I thought it was kind of entertaining and it did seem to get them fired up. As you said, kind of fired our guys up too.
                        We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Boys did say that the interior lineman would shoot your mouth off alot, but by later in the game they were just hoping for the game to be over. They were very quiet then...

Go Jacks !!!!!!!
                          http://members.cox.net/geauxcolonels...t/SDSU_bar.png

Comment

Here's a link to the UCA coaches show. They run through highlights for pretty much the entire game. There's a few minutes of chit-chat before the highlights start.

http://www.ucasports.com/coachesshow.asp?cs=1123
                            “Who's more foolish: the fool, or the fool who follows him?” - Obi-Wan Kenobi

Comment

Here is an article from Terry V. about expenses in traveling for the football team. I don't know if this is really the right thread to post, but did not want to start an new thread. Here is a portion of the article.

BROOKINGS - As the lone non-conference interruption in the final five weeks of the season, South Dakota State University's game at Central Arkansas tonight will do nothing to further its pursuit of the Great West Football Conference title.

But it's certainly not worthless. This road trip is expensive, just like the others.

It will cost roughly $79,000 to transport the Jackrabbits to and from their road finale in Conway, Ark. That's $66,000 to charter a plane, $1,500 for ground transportation between Brookings and Sioux Falls, $3,000 for ground transportation in Arkansas, $4,600 in hotel rooms, $3,000 on food and $1,000 in incidentals.
                              In comparative terms, that's one season worth of travel expenses in the old North Central Conference and more money than any SDSU assistant coach earns in an entire year.

The Jackrabbits' five-game travel budget in this, their fourth and final season as members of the far-flung Great West, is roughly $400,000, according to associate athletic director Rob Peterson. That number does not include the revenue that SDSU sometimes gains for playing away games.
                              To read the entire article click on this link.

http://www.argusleader.com/apps/pbcs...711030345/1077
                              (\__/)
                              (='.'=)
                              (")_(") Feed the Rabbit!!

Comment

Working...
                              X