X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Attendance This Saturday

Originally posted by Jacks99 View Post
    night game, great weather I say 9200
    I think you are right on, and having nice weather on Friday and Saturday will help. The field should still be damp enough to slow down the RB from Cal Poly, and give our D line a good grip to blitz and sack.

I will go with a 28 to 14 score. SDSU 28 Poly 14

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
      I think you are right on, and having nice weather on Friday and Saturday will help. The field should still be damp enough to slow down the RB from Cal Poly, and give our D line a good grip to blitz and sack.

Which running back are you hoping to slow down?

FB Jon Hall - 313 yards on 57 carries for a 5.5 yd/carry average.

RB Jono Grayson - 289 yards on 32 carries for a 9.0 average and 3 TDs.

RB James Noble - 261 yards on 52 carries for a 5.0 average and 2 TDs. (starter who missed 2 1/2 games with injuries)

RB Ryan Mole - 152 yards on 17 carries for a 8.9 average and 2 TDs (starter who missed 3 games with injuries)

FB Jordan Yocum - 149 yards on 19 carries for a 7.8 average 2 TDs.

FB Kevin Spach - 83 yards on 20 carries for a 4.2 average and 1 TD.

QB Jonathan Dally - 237 yards on 73 carries for a 3.2 average (sacks included) and 5 TDs.

Cal Poly has more than James Noble carrying the load this year. Last year Noble finished the year with over 1,000 yards. The next leading rusher was QB Matt Brennan with 344 yards.

Should be a great game.

Comment

Originally posted by SloStang View Post
        Which running back are you hoping to slow down?

FB Jon Hall - 313 yards on 57 carries for a 5.5 yd/carry average.

RB Jono Grayson - 289 yards on 32 carries for a 9.0 average and 3 TDs.

RB James Noble - 261 yards on 52 carries for a 5.0 average and 2 TDs. (starter who missed 2 1/2 games with injuries)

RB Ryan Mole - 152 yards on 17 carries for a 8.9 average and 2 TDs (starter who missed 3 games with injuries)

FB Jordan Yocum - 149 yards on 19 carries for a 7.8 average 2 TDs.

FB Kevin Spach - 83 yards on 20 carries for a 4.2 average and 1 TD.

QB Jonathan Dally - 237 yards on 73 carries for a 3.2 average (sacks included) and 5 TDs.

Cal Poly has more than James Noble carrying the load this year. Last year Noble finished the year with over 1,000 yards. The next leading rusher was QB Matt Brennan with 344 yards.

Should be a great game.
        Gaudy numbers against opponents that are 5-30 overall don't scare me that much. No doubt Cal Poly is a great team and we know that Barton and Noble are unbelievable players. Add your QB to that list as well.

SDSU will be the best team you have faced. Our opponents are 21-16 so far and our only loss by more than a TD was to #1 (SportsNetwork) UNI. Despite our record, this is the best team we've had at this level.

It'll be a battle. We have to slow Barton down. No way to stop somebody that tall and skilled. Noble will get some yards. But we have an explosive offense, too. Turnovers will likely be the difference.
        Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyJack View Post
          Gaudy numbers against opponents that are 5-30 overall don't scare me that much. No doubt Cal Poly is a great team and we know that Barton and Noble are unbelievable players. Add your QB to that list as well.

SDSU will be the best team you have faced. Our opponents are 21-16 so far and our only loss by more than a TD was to #1 (SportsNetwork) UNI. Despite our record, this is the best team we've had at this level.

It'll be a battle. We have to slow Barton down. No way to stop somebody that tall and skilled. Noble will get some yards. But we have an explosive offense, too. Turnovers will likely be the difference.
          No doubt that SDSU is the best team we have faced this year. I am more worried facing SDSU in Brookings than I am of facing NDSU in SLO. With a few breaks the Jacks could easily be 5-1 against one of the tougher schedules in the FCS. The other thing that worries me about this game is that the Jacks are coming off a bye week and should be fresh. They also have had two weeks to work on Cal Poly's unique offense and defense.

I was not trying to be a smart @ss by posting the numbers of our running backs. This is the most diverse offense that we have had at Cal Poly and I was trying to point that out. The Last two years it was run it to Noble or throw it to Barden. This year we actually have a FB that carries the ball and we have three that are good. Noble is an incredable back, but Mole might be as good or better and Jono Grayson can flat out fly. The biggest difference this year is we have a QB that the coach trust. We might even throw the ball on third and long. Dally is the second rated QB in the FCS. Do not forget that while we playing the bad teams, we were without are two time All-GWFC center, our starting tackle and RBs Noble and Mole for three of those games. We also did to the poor teams what good teams do, we beat them bad.

I have nothing but respect for the Jacks and I know that CAS is a tough place to win. All of the Jacks and Mustangs games have been tight. I expect this one to be no different. This should be an interesting game. Cal Poly has been known for their defense, this year the defense is not what it has been in the past and the offense is carry the team. I think this game may come down to who ever has the ball last.

Comment

Looking at only the record of a team can be misleading. SDSU is a classic example with their 2-4 record. Weber State is 2-4 but let's look at who their losses were to. They have lost to Boise State (no shame there), # 3 Montana, # 20 Montana State and #19 Cal Poly. Montana only beat them 18-10 at home and Montana State only beat them 21-3 (two TDs were on INTs returns). Cal Poly without their top two RBs, preseason All-American center and starting RT tackle put 47 points up against Weber State.

Cal Poly has also played teams that might actually be worse than their record. UNC comes to mind. But don't forget if Cal Poly were actually to pull out a win in South Dakota people will say that we did it against teams with a combined record now of 7-35. That would not do justice to how good of win it would be to beat a team as good as SDSU, despite what their record says.

Comment

Originally posted by SloStang View Post
              Looking at only the record of a team can be misleading. SDSU is a classic example with their 2-4 record. Weber State is 2-4 but let's look at who their losses were to. They have lost to Boise State (no shame there), # 3 Montana, # 20 Montana State and #19 Cal Poly. Montana only beat them 18-10 at home and Montana State only beat them 21-3 (two TDs were on INTs returns). Cal Poly without their top two RBs, preseason All-American center and starting RT tackle put 47 points up against Weber State.

Cal Poly has also played teams that might actually be worse than their record. UNC comes to mind. But don't forget if Cal Poly were actually to pull out a win in South Dakota people will say that we did it against teams with a combined record now of 7-35. That would not do justice to how good of win it would be to beat a team as good as SDSU, despite what their record says.
              I wasn't trying to be confrontational either, and I know you weren't trying to be a smart aleck with your post. Speaking of teams that might be worse than their record, UNC does come to mind, but then again, so does Stephen F. Austin. I don't know how they could be worse than 0-6. But they are pretty bad.
              Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Well, the weather is great today; hopefully a lot of pheasant hunters will get their limits early and decide to venture to town for the game. I'm still not very optimistic about attendance...7-8K is my guess, but there should be 10-11K there tonight considering the opponent we have and the good weather.
                Last edited by NightHawk78; 10-20-2007, 03:27 PM.

Comment

Jacks 24
                  Bad Guys 20

And great job Bison!
                  Last edited by RunninRabbit; 10-20-2007, 04:37 PM.

Comment

If the tailgate lot at 4:00 is any indication, there won't be more than 9000. It was nearly empty.
                    "I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee." - Joe D.

Comment

Originally posted by jackrabbit1979 View Post
                      If the tailgate lot at 4:00 is any indication, there won't be more than 9000. It was nearly empty.

Sad state of affairs, I wish I was there.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post

at HALFTIME!
                        "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

yep I did not expect as much offense as we saw tonight but its a good thing in many ways.

This game deserved more than 6545 fans. I dont know what it takes but I think we need a promotion for every home game. Something that brings people to Brookings who would not other wise attend. Maybe a Sioux Falls or/and Rapid City day in which we could get more people in from those two communities, but I am sure there are other opporuntites to promote more agriculture. When the Beef and Ceral Bowl game are done, we seem to hurt, except for the Hobo Day game.

When it gets colder we seem to have a drop off of women and older male adults. As much as I hate to promote a dome, it seems to help NDSU in these two groups for entire season, but again, its wins that draw people. A less than a dozen breaks this year, and SDSU would be 7-0 instead of 3-4. I tend to believe this is what make NDSU more consistent in attendance.

Comment

Great game by our Jackrabbits!

Awful showing by our fans...NDSU gets 28,000 to the Metrodome for an away game and SDSU gets 6,500 at home for the first conference game...that display tonight for our team was an absolute joke.
                            Students should be embarrassed, Alumni should be embarrassed and until the SDSU fan decides to get this figured out and get off our ass, any SD recruit that decides to attend NDSU over SDSU I won't blame one bit.
                            Can you tell I'm pissed???Good...get your asses to the next game. We as fans F#$Ked our players over for a bunch of birds on the nicest day of the fall. We all should be embarrassed and probably should write an apology editorial to our players. If I were Dr. Oien I would suspend any work on the North end-zone building until SDSU football fans decide to average more than 10K per year, I know he won't, but I wouldn't blame him one bit if he did!

Well, I'm tired and have been outside TAILGATING all day and watched a great football game which about 10K other SDSU fans missed, so I'm off to bed.

Let the excuses begin...

Go Jacks....You deserve better.
                            SDSU...Passionate, Relentless, Champions.

Comment

Originally posted by propar80 View Post
                              Great game by our Jackrabbits!

Awful showing by our fans...NDSU gets 28,000 to the Metrodome for an away game and SDSU gets 6,500 at home for the first conference game...that display tonight for our team was an absolute joke.
                              Students should be embarrassed, Alumni should be embarrassed and until the SDSU fan decides to get this figured out and get off our ass, any SD recruit that decides to attend NDSU over SDSU I won't blame one bit.
                              Can you tell I'm pissed???Good...get your asses to the next game. We as fans F#$Ked our players over for a bunch of birds on the nicest day of the fall. We all should be embarrassed and probably should write an apology editorial to our players. If I were Dr. Oien I would suspend any work on the North end-zone building until SDSU football fans decide to average more than 10K per year, I know he won't, but I wouldn't blame him one bit if he did!

Well, I'm tired and have been outside TAILGATING all day and watched a great football game which about 10K other SDSU fans missed, so I'm off to bed.

Let the excuses begin...

Go Jacks....You deserve better.
                              Felt the same way. Even the tailgating was weak. What do they want, a nicer day? Not much wind even to complain about. Not everyone hunts, where were they? Crowd size really sucked!

Comment

Alot of people on here are always talking about how they are tired that our football teams always ending up with records of 6-5, 7-4, etc. Well I am tired of our mediocre fan support after Hobo Days.

Comment

Working...
                                X