Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Attendance This Saturday

Originally posted by MilwaukeeJacksAlum View Post
    I hate to say it, but with the opener and the hobo days hangover, I'm going to say the numbers will be around 8,000. I'd be surprised if they topped 9,000.
    I'm with you MJA...while it is a conference game...and a good team coming in...the hunting season opener will have a major impact on attendance. We had some very special promotions for the two 15,000 games...nothing as significant this weekend. Would be thrilled with 10,000, but suspect less.

Comment

I enjoy hunting, but I will be there Saturday night. First conference game and the only home game this month- no way will I miss it. I may try to get in a few hours hunting, but if not- the birds can wait. I would think it would be a disappointment to the team if there are less than 10,000 in attendance. To win the conference title we more than likely need this game.

Comment

There is no question we will need this win to make a run at the GWFC title. Cal Poly is going to be a tough game and the Jacks are going to need the fans to be their 12th man. I am hoping for at least 8000 loud and proud Jacks fans Saturday night.

Comment

Originally posted by joeboo22 View Post
          Since residence season opener was this past Saturday I expect that a lot students will stay in Brookings this weekend good weather and a team that we know means a good crowd.... Im going to think 12,073
          This weekend is "The Real Opener", and is definetly bigger than the 1st weekend of Deer Rifle season. My uncle owns a gun shop near Watertown and I have worked there on all three weekends and we are definetly the busiest on this upcoming weekend. But I did tell him this year I need to leave by 5:00 pm, so I can make it to Jacks game. I urge everyone who has relatives coming to hunt to take them to the game. What wouldn't cap off a day of pheasant hunting than seeing a SDSU victory. Hey you are all going to get your limit by 1:00 anyways with the amount of birds out there.

Comment

Take your families to the game if they have an enjoyable experience they might just become ticket holders and more ticket holders usually means more money rolling into the athletic department, which means facilities that are needed can become a reality. I understand pheasant hunting is a God Given Right in South Dakota but putting everything on hold for the opening day is a bad excuse. I doubt the Bison fans put everything on hold for opening day of any hunting season. Unfortunately SDSU fans don't feel the same way about their team.

Comment

I'm going to say attendance will be one more than whatever USD had for D-Days
              I updated my signature for the first time in six years.

Comment

Originally posted by thebluehatman View Post
                Take your families to the game if they have an enjoyable experience they might just become ticket holders and more ticket holders usually means more money rolling into the athletic department, which means facilities that are needed can become a reality. I understand pheasant hunting is a God Given Right in South Dakota but putting everything on hold for the opening day is a bad excuse. I doubt the Bison fans put everything on hold for opening day of any hunting season. Unfortunately SDSU fans don't feel the same way about their team.
                I'm with Blue on this one (of course, I don't hunt). I've never been a big gotta do it on the first day I can guy (except after my wife had our children).
                "The purpose of life is not to be happy - but to matter, to be productive, to be useful, to have it make some difference that you have lived at all."
                -Leo Rosten

Comment

Originally posted by propar80 View Post
                  Joe, I hope you are right here. Anything over 12K on this "HOLIDAY" would be spectacular.
                  I just have a feeling it will be closer to 10K, given the UNI attendence. I think that if the Administration got 10K or better for the next two home games, they'll be doing cartwheels...even Dr. Oien.

In the end though...I would trade 10K people in the stands for a WIN!

Is The Pride showing up??

Go Jacks!!
                  I would love to see Dr. Oien doing a cartwheel! If we hit over 12,000, maybe he could do cartwheels at halftime with the baton twirler. Priceless!

My prediction is for 11,500 for the game if the weather is decent. Tailgate will probably be down because of hunting but attendance for the game could still be strong with a 7:00 kick. Don't forget that there will be a lot of hunting widows around. Our tailgate spot will have a bunch of them.

Give us some good weather and the crowd will turn out. This rain blows!

GO JACKS!

SUPERBUNNY
                  MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

Hey, you could live in wisconsin where they call puny little birds that look like scraggly doves "pheasants". And they even shoot the hens. Think of the scrawniest pheasant you've ever seen. That would be a mount worthy pheasant in wisconsin. On the flip side, you can get as many deer tags as you can stuff into your pocket.

Back to the subject, hopefully the night time start adds to the crowd of hunters who already bagged their limit. I'm revising my guess to 9,300 hearty SDSU fans.
                    "You just stood their screaming. Fearing no one was listening to you. Hearing only what you wanna hear. Knowing only what you heard." Metallica

Comment

I really want to say it will be over 10K, but probably closer to 9000. Hope I am way wrong on this one. Weather will be a big factor.

Comment

Mud Bowl II will draw 10,732 fans and few drunk hunters.
                        This space for lease.

Comment

I'm one who is counting on the pheasant hunting being excellent so that we're done early and I can rush home, throw on different clothes, and help put the attendance over 10,000.

Comment

If it keeps raining the hunters won't be able to walk fields...

Comment

Originally posted by joeboo22 View Post
                              If it keeps raining the hunters won't be able to walk fields...
                              I'll be hunting pheasants regardless of the weather. I'll also be cheering for the Jacks whether I'm in the stands or not. I'll guess 9,200 and hope for more.
                              We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

night game, great weather I say 9200

Comment

Working...
                                X