Uni

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Uni

Great Game SDSU allot closer then the score ! this will be a great series for years to come ! Good luck the rest of the season I hope you win every game from here out !

Comment

Originally posted by 01Pantherfan View Post
      Great Game SDSU allot closer then the score ! this will be a great series for years to come ! Good luck the rest of the season I hope you win every game from here out !
      Just got home. UNI is a really, really good team. They're solid across the board (except for some trouble with the kicking game tonight) and really had their way with us. I was at YSU, and this UNI team was a much more skilled and physical group.

Good luck to UNI. I expect another championship run from them.
      Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Originally posted by 01Pantherfan View Post
        Actually, I think the result is a pretty accurate assessment of where our two programs are right now.

We'll see you next year in the Gateway!
        "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Ya know, I'd really like to listen to the WNAX post-game show.

Maybe someday, I will be able to . . .
          "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
            Actually, I think the result is a pretty accurate assessment of where our two programs are right now.

We'll see you next year in the Gateway!
            SDSU played a great game ! even our Coach said he was nervous about this game ! Your team needs to hold their heads high and get it done next week ! the rest of the year I am a SDSU fan for sure, what i have heard it was a great time at the game and class act fans a great series to come in years ahead i am sure !

Go Panthers !
            Go Jackrabbits !

Comment

There had to be more than the announced attendence. There was very few open seats in the stadium. Our secondary was horrible and cost us the game, giving up many long yardage plays to UNI. Someone in the coaching box has got to figure out how use our Preseason All-American Tight End more. I don't know what else to say. Berry looked decent. Receivers getting a lot of attention this year. Offensive line looks pretty solid. Parker still has his A-game. Priddy......well. Defensive seems okay could improve a little on making tackles. Linebackers so-so. Secondary . Running game needs to pick up more. We're going to struggle more this year until our secondary figures something out. UNI's coaches were impressed with our team and look forward to more battles with us in the Gateway. Look forward to a hopefully better looking group of Jacks next weekend.

Comment

What sense does it make to have your secondary play off the wide recievers 6 yards on a 2-point conversion? Every single play our secondary is at least 8 yards off the recievers. They snap the ball, our backs run as far back as possible, and they dump it off to the back behind our d-line. Aren't the coaches supposed to pick up on the other teams game plan and devise plays to combat them. Argh!
                Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!--Bluto--

Comment

I just got home and there is NO WAY there was only 10,844 fans at this football game. I know they like to be conservative but no way.
                  There could not have been 5K more people at last years Central Ark game.
                  Anyway...UNI is hands-down the best team that has been to CAS. They will be there in the end come playoff time, I have no doubt. You could definitely tell Sanders is a four year starter and I would say he's the best QB in Iowa considering the ISU/UI game today.
                  SDSU is just not there yet and I have a feeling it's going to take awhile in the Gateway.
                  For this year I do think that hands-down the toughest part of the Jacks schedule is over. The rest of the games in the schedule, SDSU SHOULD win, until NDSU and I think that game is always a toss-up, especially this year since it is at CAS. But they have to be able to score more points. I'm not sure what has happened to Wagner, I'm sure he's very dissapointed.

Keep your heads up Jacks, there are a lot of "W's" left to grab and a Great West Conference Title that is definitley up for grabs.

Go Jacks!!
                  SDSU...Passionate, Relentless, Champions.

Comment

Originally posted by bub94 View Post
                    What sense does it make to have your secondary play off the wide recievers 6 yards on a 2-point conversion? Every single play our secondary is at least 8 yards off the recievers. They snap the ball, our backs run as far back as possible, and they dump it off to the back behind our d-line. Aren't the coaches supposed to pick up on the other teams game plan and devise plays to combat them. Argh!
                    If it was as simple as that, then the adjustment would have been made after the first series. We could have jammed them and then have them beat us deep every other play. You play the cards you're delt with. Right now our secondary is not quite to the level of shutting down the majority of above average passing games we will see. The effort is there, but the ability is not.

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyJack View Post
                      Just got home. UNI is a really, really good team. They're solid across the board (except for some trouble with the kicking game tonight) and really had their way with us. I was at YSU, and this UNI team was a much more skilled and physical group.

Good luck to UNI. I expect another championship run from them.
                      Yep the same UNI team that was in an even game with Minnesota State Mankato until the 4th quarter just couple of weeks ago and the same team that the Sioux beat last year. Both at the UNI Dome of course. They aren't that great of a team. Of course since they beat SDSU they must be a good team though.
                      How Bout Them Yotes

Comment

Originally posted by Coyote_Fan View Post
                        Yep the same UNI team that was in an even game with Minnesota State Mankato until the 4th quarter just couple of weeks ago and the same team that the Sioux beat last year. Both at the UNI Dome of course. They aren't that great of a team. Of course since they beat SDSU they must be a good team though.

Just wait a couple of weeks...you'll see what it's all about and then for years to come, that is until USD decides they made the wrong decision and heads back to DII where your overall program belongs.

Coyote Fan...has anyone ever told you your breath sinks??? It's from talking out your ass 99% of the time. Nice win tonight by the way, sounds like they just pulled it out in the fourth quarter against that juggernaut the University of Minnesota...Duluth. The thought of it is so boring, I've just decided to call it a night.

Go Jacks!!

P.S. Sorry for the smack on this thread mods, it's late.
                        SDSU...Passionate, Relentless, Champions.

Comment

You'll never know, you have yet to play them.

Why do you seem so bitter...so sad?

Comment

Originally posted by SD-STATE View Post
                            You'll never know, you have yet to play them.

Why do you seem so bitter...so sad?
                            Yep thats right we don't know if we can beat them but we do know that SDSU can't. At least USD knows how to defend their home turf even if they aren't so good on the road.
                            How Bout Them Yotes

Comment

Here we go again. Dubious logic. Fact: UNI is the best FCS team I have seen. Do you suppose they get more fired up to play another FCS team than they might be to play Mankato? But I suppose never in the history of football has a team played better one night than another.

I'm so tired if this garbage. Let's wait and see how USD does against McNeese. Oh, wait. That doesn't count because it's a road game.
                              Holy nutmeg!

Comment

I was really happy with Berry's play. Pretty solid night...no mistakes first half and just a couple in the second that he got away with....numbers weren't all that impressive, 16-25, 183yds, 1 td, but he looked really composed.
                                "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Working...
                                X