No announcement yet.

2024 Roster Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's encouraging. I think (hope?) there's a good chance that Mark sticks around for another year and helps the Jacks through its reloading year..
    This space for lease.

Comment

Originally posted by jbjack View Post
      Scuttlebutt on the Northwestern forum is that NU is not in Gronowski's plans.
      Also is very odd that Lujan has not been announced there yet either.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post

Also is very odd that Lujan has not been announced there yet either.
        It's Friday. According to my calculations... that's the 5th day after the Championship on Sunday. 5 days are up after this. (of course, he could change his mind again in the spring)

Comment

Originally posted by da_coach View Post

It's Friday. According to my calculations... that's the 5th day after the Championship on Sunday. 5 days are up after this. (of course, he could change his mind again in the spring)
          It also depends on when he graduates. Grad transfers can transfer at anytime. But if he goes, you would think he would want to enroll now so he can participate in spring practice.

Comment

Players starting to campaign for the collective on X. Gotta wonder if this isn’t a last ditch effort to keep someone.

Comment

HE'S BAAAAAACK

http://twitter.com/RossUglem/status/1745885649633157164

Comment

Looks like Gronowski is staying
                https://x.com/samherderfcs/status/17...416939605?s=46
                "This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time." -Tyler Durden

Comment

in my thinking the more real question is what QBs will leave instead of sitting behind Mark another year? i am mildly surprised none of them used this window but i think somebody will probably go come spring

edit- to be clear, i began this post before the previous two posts were made. i got a phone call in the middle of writing and took a long time to complete it and hit send

Comment

Originally posted by witness View Post
                    Thankfully, it was a lot of rumor about nothing!
                    Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by LetsGoRabbits View Post

in my thinking the more real question is what QBs will leave instead of sitting behind Mark another year? i am mildly surprised none of them used this window but i think somebody will probably go come spring

edit- to be clear, i began this post before the previous two posts were made. i got a phone call in the middle of writing and took a long time to complete it and hit send
                      I calculate Chase at 3 yrs eligibility remaining. I would imagine Gronowski has been frank with him about his plans. If Mark says "I'm here for one more only then NFL" I would think he stays. If Mark says he wants SDSU FB to pay for his masters, maybe he goes.

Who knowa what the kids are thinking?

More importantly though: LFG!!!

Comment

Originally posted by salemjack View Post
                        Players starting to campaign for the collective on X. Gotta wonder if this isn’t a last ditch effort to keep someone.
                        I've noticed NDSU players doing the same, though, and that was after their guys all said they were staying. I think it's more of a PR thing. Noone is going to contribute who doesn't know about it.

Comment

not so important, but curious, does anyone know about the 6th year guys? will any of them return for classes this spring? i assume the jankes, greenfield, mccormick, stahlbird, and any others that are planning to pursue professional football have finished or postponed graduate degree plans, in order to prepare for combines, drafts, free agent workouts / signings, etc...

but i would guess some of these 6 year guys will be back on campus finishing up graduate degrees? just curious who will be around

a related change is someone like Mark, who apparently has lived with one or both of the Jankes for multiple years will probably be moving or getting new roommates. assuming he will not be the only one in that boat

Comment

Originally posted by jbjack View Post

I calculate Chase at 3 yrs eligibility remaining. I would imagine Gronowski has been frank with him about his plans. If Mark says "I'm here for one more only then NFL" I would think he stays. If Mark says he wants SDSU FB to pay for his masters, maybe he goes.

Who knowa what the kids are thinking?

More importantly though: LFG!!!
                            I just do not understand with how dynamic of an athlete Chase is that there isn't a way to get him involved even if he isn't the starting quarterback.

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post

Thankfully, it was a lot of rumor about nothing!
                              i just found it impossible to imagine anything else. SUPER HAPPY to have it confirmed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

but i do think some of us fans who can imagine this potential move so easily, sadly might be missing something about what Jacks FB and largely Jacks athletics are about. Stig, Jimmy, Nagy, AJ, now Hendo, and other coaches are not selling wins and losses and benefit packages

when they meet a kid if they see a mercenary i believe most of the time that is the end of the recruiting process. when they talk about someone being a fit with the program they dont mean Xs and Os. they are promising being a part of something that is more than 4 years. Why do we think the JFPA is so passionate. they are jackrabbits for life not for 4 years

Mark, from everything we have ever heard, is one of the most relational guys we have ever had. he has been connected from day one. Mark and teammates are connected to everything and most importantly EVERYONE and i am not saying nobody leaves but it is NOT a simple thing

SUPER HAPPY!! bring it back!!!!!! a bad day for the rest of FCS football

as far as i know Mark is not the only one staying. i have not heard anything about ANY Jacks looking for a greener pasture

Comment

Originally posted by Jackrabbit2012 View Post

I just do not understand with how dynamic of an athlete Chase is that there isn't a way to get him involved even if he isn't the starting quarterback.
                                Put him at tight end in a Taysom Hill-like role.

Comment

Working...
                                X