FCS Championship Game - Montana

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah!
    You know that you're over the hill when your mind makes a promise that your body can't fill. - L. George

Comment

Originally posted by MTGrizzly View Post
      Hello from GRIZ Nation, looking forward to a fantastic game. Don't pay attention to some of the fans on Egriz, we all have those crazy ones that think the game is not going to be a game. I guarantee most of us know this is an uphill battle and look forward to Sunday. You guys are stout and deserve all the recognition and accolades your team is getting. As a huge GRIZ fan I am tickled pink with how this season has turned out as after our September, there was NO one in GRIZ Nation thinking this team would do what they did.

Like you have all mentioned this game will be won in the trenches and on paper you guys definitely have the advantage. Our defense is definitely stout and our offense has the ability to definitely hang. If you are basing your opinions on the last 2 games on how our offense is then that is not a true picture of it as those were probably 2 of the worst games McDowell has played since he became the starter.

Here is to a great game, come win or lose Sunday this GRIZ fan will definitely be proud of how the team played this year.

That being said GO GRIZ and the GRIZ win a close one 24-21
      Looking forward to a good game and a huge, boisterous crowd for both teams. As long as the weather holds regarding rain it should be a fun day and an epic game.
      You know that you're over the hill when your mind makes a promise that your body can't fill. - L. George

Comment

Originally posted by MTGrizzly View Post
        Hello from GRIZ Nation, looking forward to a fantastic game. Don't pay attention to some of the fans on Egriz, we all have those crazy ones that think the game is not going to be a game. I guarantee most of us know this is an uphill battle and look forward to Sunday. You guys are stout and deserve all the recognition and accolades your team is getting. As a huge GRIZ fan I am tickled pink with how this season has turned out as after our September, there was NO one in GRIZ Nation thinking this team would do what they did.

Like you have all mentioned this game will be won in the trenches and on paper you guys definitely have the advantage. Our defense is definitely stout and our offense has the ability to definitely hang. If you are basing your opinions on the last 2 games on how our offense is then that is not a true picture of it as those were probably 2 of the worst games McDowell has played since he became the starter.

Here is to a great game, come win or lose Sunday this GRIZ fan will definitely be proud of how the team played this year.

That being said GO GRIZ and the GRIZ win a close one 24-21
        Welcome to the boards. Would love to hear your thoughts on the game. Obviously we are very confident but I would expect Montana fans to be as well. Egriz posters have posted some rediculous claims but then I don’t expect them to know our team very well. Would love to have some friendly dialogue from a MU fan on our board and actually have a discussion. Again, welcome aboard.

Comment

Originally posted by SteelSD View Post

Welcome to the boards. Would love to hear your thoughts on the game. Obviously we are very confident but I would expect Montana fans to be as well. Egriz posters have posted some rediculous claims but then I don’t expect them to know our team very well. Would love to have some friendly dialogue from a MU fan on our board and actually have a discussion. Again, welcome aboard.
          Our offense needs to get off to a fast start and go up early, if you look at most of our games when we start fast we tend to ride the momentum on both offense and defense. McDowell the last 2 games was nursing a hurt hand as he seemed to of injured it in the Delaware game. Hoping with the 3 weeks off he will be at 100%. The GRIZ offense needs to play their best game of the year for us to have a chance.

Our defense loves to blitz and Gubner is a one man wrecking crew, you guys keep him in check and your running game should feast. Our defensive line is finally at full strength as we got a couple guys back from injury a few weeks back, Nuse who was supposed to be instrumental on the defensive line this year was out all year due to injury and finally got back on the field against Furman.

Here's to a good game and 5:37 Saturday morning can't get here soon enough to get on my flight to get to Frisco. Hope to meet some very nice SDSU fans in Frisco
          Last edited by MTGrizzly; 01-04-2024, 01:12 PM.

Comment

I won't guarantee anything about this game, except the Jackrabbits will NOT overlook them. This is the National Championship! That will NOT happen.

Can the Grizz win? Absolutely. It's sports. Anything can happen. An untimely fumble, a strange injury, the ball bounces weird on a kickoff...who the hell knows what will happen.

But I am confident in this team. They have answered every challenge thrown at them for basically 2 years.

The Grizz WILL Blitz a lot. That means a lot of one on ones with the Jankes, Heins, and our RB's out of the backfield.

Like most I expect the first half to be pretty close, but we pull away. But strange things happen. Cheer loud, and Go Jacks.

Comment

Another excellent article from Zim with Coach Stig. Stig alludes to "one glaring factor that could affect the game."

I wonder if it's their lack of DL depth.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post

Moving to another location would require someone to come up with a bid that beats what Frisco puts up. Sounds like it may be a situation like the Summit tourney and Sioux Falls. Lots of people complain, but no one willing to put their money where their mouth is.
                Multiple reports (e.g., Izzo's) that their wasn't a competitive bid process for most recent contract renewal but there will be after 2026 for sure.

Comment

At the risk of causing a thread "slide(r)" -- is Jimmy resting a sammie on his cell in this pic from the Argus?

Screenshot 2024-01-06 073755.png

Comment

Originally posted by jakejc795 View Post
                    At the risk of causing a thread "slide(r)" -- is Jimmy resting a sammie on his cell in this pic from the Argus?

Screenshot 2024-01-06 073755.png
                    Pretty sure that's just his thumb! Ha!

Comment

Originally posted by RahRahRabbits View Post

Pretty sure that's just his thumb! Ha!
                      Silly me; he no doubt has the strongest Dr. Pepper hand in FCS

Comment

Griz alum J.K. Simmons narrates their hype video. What Jacks alum would y'all want to narrate Jacks'?

Comment

Griz alum J.K. Simmons narrates their hype video. What Jacks alum would y'all want to narrate Jacks'?
                          Besides A. Vinny?

Timmerman might be a fun guy to hear from.

Maybe some of the women from the 2003 D2 Natty champ team? Fun crossover for the national champ.

Goedert?

Stig throwing out holy nutmegs would be fun.
                          Sell not virtue to purchase wealth, nor Liberty to purchase power.
                          -Ben Franklin, Poor Richard's Almanack 1738

Comment

Originally posted by JimmieTuba View Post

Besides A. Vinny?

Timmerman might be a fun guy to hear from.

Maybe some of the women from the 2003 D2 Natty champ team? Fun crossover for the national champ.

Goedert?

Stig throwing out holy nutmegs would be fun.
                            I could be in the minority, but I enjoy those hype videos.

Vinatieri was the first one I thought of, but I could definitely see any of the other names you mentioned as options too.

Comment

I could be in the minority, but I enjoy those hype videos.

Vinatieri was the first one I thought of, but I could definitely see any of the other names you mentioned as options too.
                              The Iowa Hawkeyes have done a great job with them in the past two years. Kittle (49ers) came in and did a WWE type hype. Stanzi was an excellent one this year.

Focus on football is good but I think pulling in other notables is a great idea.
                              Sell not virtue to purchase wealth, nor Liberty to purchase power.
                              -Ben Franklin, Poor Richard's Almanack 1738

Comment

https://x.com/_cliff10/status/174489...61hJI6VfYrJrpA

Comment

Working...
                                X