Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Prairiehaas View Post

Ya think!
    not positive if you are using sarcasm?? but i hope you realize that i was attempting a bit of humor by being sarcastically WILDLY understated

Comment

Originally posted by LetsGoRabbits View Post

not positive if you are using sarcasm?? but i hope you realize that i was attempting a bit of humor by being sarcastically WILDLY understated
      You have to be careful nowadays, you don't want to be mistaken for a YSU quarterback.
      "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post

You have to be careful nowadays, you don't want to be mistaken for a YSU quarterback.
        hahaha that is a good one Filbert!

Comment

sorry i know this is not really the spot but i dont think there would be a perfect spot. my son was just asking me about past Jacks helmets and i know we recently had this discussion on here. didnt someone have some photos of past helmets? or uniform history? hoping this does not make me look more like a YSU QB)))

Comment

Seems the narrative now is “SDSU really isn’t any good, they just are loaded with 6th year players.” Never mind some of these players were playing for a national championship 3 years ago as well. Might want to acknowledge at least that there is some talent there.

Comment

sorry i know this is not really the spot but i dont think there would be a perfect spot. my son was just asking me about past Jacks helmets and i know we recently had this discussion on here. didnt someone have some photos of past helmets? or uniform history? hoping this does not make me look more like a YSU QB)))
              SDSU Head Equipment Manager Aaron Crowell specifically mentioned this site that tracks helmet history during a halftime Midco segment.

Comment

Originally posted by SteelSD View Post
                Seems the narrative now is “SDSU really isn’t any good, they just are loaded with 6th year players.” Never mind some of these players were playing for a national championship 3 years ago as well. Might want to acknowledge at least that there is some talent there.
                I really don't understand the relevance of the "6th year players" complaint. As far as I know, every NCAA institution was operating under pretty much the same rules. If SDSU has benefited from it and institution X hss not, isn't that basically saying "Institution X is less competent than SDSU at applying the rules?" Not exactly the point that those who complain want to make, I would think.
                "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by SteelSD View Post
                  interesting point Steel. obviously I / we / anyone can go look at the box score to see who played but off the top of your head how many you think are back from that spring championship game?

i am positive they started:
                  Gronowski
                  Davis (feel like Strong was hurt at this game but he might have been on the field on first offensive play. but i am calling davis a starter either way. obviously he had the biggest play of the game)
                  Greenfield
                  the Jankes

nearly sure they started
                  Bock
                  Stahlbird

sure they played unless they were hurt
                  Gales
                  Heins

i will probably check the box score. go ahead and tell me where i am wrong or who i missed

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post

I really don't understand the relevance of the "6th year players" complaint. As far as I know, every NCAA institution was operating under pretty much the same rules. If SDSU has benefited from it and institution X hss not, isn't that basically saying "Institution X is less competent than SDSU at applying the rules?" Not exactly the point that those who complain want to make, I would think.
                    seems like the whole discussion is a lot of noise from people who apparently have some envy of, or some other problem with the jacks, or with their own team. pretty much a waste of our time to worry about it

but i feel like something worth pointing out is that a big percentage of players used that extra year to transfer to another school, while those players who are on the Jacks roster have chosen NOT to transfer. obviously this is only meaningful for players who were getting playing time at SDSU or the other school they were at. players who left to go to another school to get more playing time is a different discussion

Comment

Of course. The other option was a Captain Obvious meme. After watching some of the Furman game and catching the MVFC scores calling your comment wildly understated is in itself wildly understated.
                      You know that you're over the hill when your mind makes a promise that your body can't fill. - L. George

Comment

interesting point Steel. obviously I / we / anyone can go look at the box score to see who played but off the top of your head how many you think are back from that spring championship game?

i am positive they started:
                        Gronowski
                        Davis (feel like Strong was hurt at this game but he might have been on the field on first offensive play. but i am calling davis a starter either way. obviously he had the biggest play of the game)
                        Greenfield
                        the Jankes

nearly sure they started
                        Bock
                        Stahlbird

sure they played unless they were hurt
                        Gales
                        Heins

i will probably check the box score. go ahead and tell me where i am wrong or who i missed
                        Strong and Davis essentially split the carries that day, but otherwise, the gist of what you're saying seems to hold true.

However, it might be important to note that Gronowski, Bock, and Davis aren't 6th year seniors.

You may recall that folks used to lambaste Stig for never being able to reach or exceed what the Bison success at that time, but what those naysayers failed to realize is that Stig's strategy was to foster sustained success, and I think we're benefitting from that now in the form of coaches wanting to stay and/or return here, players wanting to do the same, and making prudent portal decisions.

Comment

seems like the whole discussion is a lot of noise from people who apparently have some envy of, or some other problem with the jacks, or with their own team. pretty much a waste of our time to worry about it

but i feel like something worth pointing out is that a big percentage of players used that extra year to transfer to another school, while those players who are on the Jacks roster have chosen NOT to transfer. obviously this is only meaningful for players who were getting playing time at SDSU or the other school they were at. players who left to go to another school to get more playing time is a different discussion
                          The underlying tenor of some of the comments I've heard/read surrounding this imply that something nefarious/unethical must be occurring if folks want to stay in Brookings when players didn't want to stay in a mecca like Fargo/NDSU.

Comment

Originally posted by jakejc795 View Post

Strong and Davis essentially split the carries that day, but otherwise, the gist of what you're saying seems to hold true.

However, it might be important to note that Gronowski, Bock, and Davis aren't 6th year seniors.

You may recall that folks used to lambaste Stig for never being able to reach or exceed what the Bison success at that time, but what those naysayers failed to realize is that Stig's strategy was to foster sustained success, and I think we're benefitting from that now in the form of coaches wanting to stay and/or return here, players wanting to do the same, and making prudent portal decisions.
                            i did realize that. i understand that the discussion was about 6th year players, but the tangential conversation became WHO played for the jacks in the spring championship.
                            Bock is 5th year and the other two are 4th year if my memory is working correctly

Comment

checked the stats
                              Davis returned the opening kickoff and had the first rushing attempt. guess that makes him the starter but i still think we had two starting RB in that game, no matter how they split carries

Hicks and Terveer also recorded tackles in the game

Comment

Originally posted by GoJacks2011 View Post
                                YSU QB with maybe the dumbest post game take I’ve ever heard. Says we were nothing special and that we aren’t any bigger, faster, stronger after we absolutely destroyed his team and held them to 0. Their trainers may want to check him out for a concussion.

https://youtu.be/lxb0KcJdm5k?si=iuTXNzadRp2vRKdE
                                Good to see some Youngstown fans pushing back on his comments on Twitter.

Comment

Working...
                                X