Assistant Coach moves

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by LetsGoRabbits View Post

i guess i am just gonna be sad for a while seeing Jackrabbit FB tweets without a Holynutmeg included. i am totally thrilled with coach rogers!!! just that coach stig has always meant a lot to me i guess
    Zimmer alluded to fans suggesting/him being interested in a potential book. I'd buy one focusing largely on his experiences with Stig.

I hope Stig remains involved with the program; heck, he can be the guest picker when College Gameday hopefully revisits Brookings in Nov.

Comment

• Originally posted by jakejc795 View Post

This tweet suggests there's something to that rumor. Also, awesome to see another Cavalier headed to Jacks
      Ya I would say thats good indicator that Pete is coming back to SDSU. If i recall he played DB but had injury issues that caused him to retire.
      Go Big Go Blue ..... Go Jacks

Comment

• Originally posted by Gojacks2487 View Post

Ya I would say thats good indicator that Pete is coming back to SDSU. If i recall he played DB but had injury issues that caused him to retire.
        Yes, he was a safety. I didn't recall that he was from IA.

Comment

• Yeah, Pete was a safety. His cousin Jacob was a wr, affectionately called grandpa before Reece was here. I see Jake is the OC at NW college, taking over for Davis. NW won a natty too, wonder if we steal another wr coach from them. Would make sense, Jake and Lujan have a history.

Comment

• Does anyone have a complete list of which coaches we’ve lost and who the confirmed replacements are?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by JRFanatic View Post
              Does anyone have a complete list of which coaches we’ve lost and who the confirmed replacements are?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              Three assistants have left - Josh Davis (WR), Christian Smith (DL) and Andre Crenshaw (RB). In addition, we are short a safeties coach, as Jesse Bobblt moved from there to LB coach. There has been no confirmation of any replacements on the official coaching list on the 2023 roster.

Comment

• My guess is they will announce coaches at the Signing party tomorrow, they have a couple in place from what I understand
                With fans like this who needs enemas.....

Comment

• Originally posted by Theee Catrabbit View Post
                  My guess is they will announce coaches at the Signing party tomorrow, they have a couple in place from what I understand
                  I'll guess it will take quite a bit longer than another day to fill the staff. Getting outside candidates through the hiring process can take time.
                  This space for lease.

Comment

• Reece Vander Zee announced his offer from SDSU...he tagged @SDSURogers3, @GoJacksSDSU and @PeteMenage
                    Last edited by OnceAJackAlwaysAJack; 02-01-2023, 01:26 PM.

Comment

• So pretty much Pete Menage is in. And I like what he is doing on the recruiting front already!

Comment

• Robbie Rouse - Assistant Coach / Running Backs / High School Camp Coordinator - Football Coaches - Cal Poly (gopoly.com)

Our new Running back coach.

Comment

• Officially: Jake Menage to coach WRs and Robbie Rouse to coach RBs

Robbie was at Augustana, then UND when UND had Otis Weah and won a share of the conference title, then he was Cal Poly last year.

Jake was the OC for Northwestern (IA), who won the NAIA National Championship.

Comment

• The worst kept secret of the past week:

https://twitter.com/gojacksfb/status...YboPbxHB0qyoHg

Comment

• Looks like he knows SD well. Played for the SF storm, coached at Augie and UND. All time leading rusher at Fresno State. Was most recently at Cal Poly.
                              Go Big Go Blue ..... Go Jacks

Comment

• A name to keep an eye out for to fill the D Line Coach Position: Kellen Soulek, Yankton native, coached D Line for Mount Marty last year.

Comment

Working...
                                X