X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LetsGoRabbits
    replied
    Originally posted by mnjackrbt View Post

That's an impressive hire just in the sense that he has been with ISU-red from 2011-2014 as a standout player and on their coaching staff since then. Wonder what the connection or reason was to get him out of there and here?
    TOTAL SPECULATION here. i could go look at his Bio and probably will in a moment, but i am pretty sure Coach Bobbit is a Chicago area native. with Coach Banks playing for and coaching at ISUr, i will guess he might be as well, or at least a native of Illinois, maybe he and Coach Bobbit have a connection. anyway, that is my guess. coach banks has some relationship / connection to coach bobbit when you add that to the jacks obviously being one of the best / the best fcs team in the country..... good coaches should be interested. hopefully, Coach Rogers is as good at picking the right ones as Stig has been!!!!

actually just checked the Bio. it does not say, but i am pretty sure that is what i remember. the jacks have always recruited the greater chicago area and i am pretty sure that is where coach bobbit grew up. now i am ready for someone to tell me that my memory has gone bad))) which i also believe))

Leave a comment:

• mnjackrbt
    replied
    Originally posted by Jacked_Up View Post
    The Jacks have announced the hiring of Mike Banks as the new corners coach. He looks like another great addition. For the past five years, Banks has been an assistant coach at Illinois State, where he also played football. In addition to coaching defensive backs, Coach Banks was the Redbirds' defensive associate head coach. I'm not sure if the Jackrabbits' coaching staff is complete yet, but it's getting close.
    That's an impressive hire just in the sense that he has been with ISU-red from 2011-2014 as a standout player and on their coaching staff since then. Wonder what the connection or reason was to get him out of there and here?

Leave a comment:

• Jacked_Up
    replied
    It doesn't look like the Jacks have a special teams coach or coordinator yet. Maybe one of the existing coaches will take on that duty. Regardless, I'm impressed by the staff Coach Rogers has assembled to this point.

Leave a comment:

• Jacked_Up
    replied
    The Jacks have announced the hiring of Mike Banks as the new corners coach. He looks like another great addition. For the past five years, Banks has been an assistant coach at Illinois State, where he also played football. In addition to coaching defensive backs, Coach Banks was the Redbirds' defensive associate head coach. I'm not sure if the Jackrabbits' coaching staff is complete yet, but it's getting close.

Leave a comment:

• bigticket1
    replied
    Looked at the official roster and saw that Chris Meyers is now recruiting coordinator in addition to being TE coach.

Leave a comment:

• Jacked_Up
    replied
    I see that Jalon Bibbs has been hired to be the Jacks' d-line coach. He's spent the last few years in that position at Grand Valley State in Michigan, which has a very good D-2 football program. Bibbs, like Jimmy Rogers, is an Arizona native. He played and worked at Northern State. He looks like a great addition to the staff.

Leave a comment:

• RahRahRabbits
    replied
    Originally posted by NWHSUandSDSU View Post
    Looks like we need a CB coach now. Erickson goes to Eau Claire to be head coach.
    Got some coaching geographical "swaps" going on here. Their previous coach left D3 Eau Claire to become the assistant head coach/OC at DII University of Sioux Falls.

From Erickson's profile, it certainly looks like this is a move home. He played for UW-Platteville in the late 90s, coached at UW-Stevens Point, Aurora University in Illinois, a 6-year stint as assistant HC/DC at UW-Platteville again, and five years as DC/DB coach at UW-Whitewater prior to joining the Jackrabbits in spring 2020.

Leave a comment:

• NWHSUandSDSU
    replied
    Looks like we need a CB coach now. Erickson goes to Eau Claire to be head coach.

Leave a comment:

• jakejc795
    replied
    Originally posted by salemjack View Post
    A name to keep an eye out for to fill the D Line Coach Position: Kellen Soulek, Yankton native, coached D Line for Mount Marty last year.
    That would be awesome. They'd almost have to do a coaches' hype video during home opener including his rumbling UNI run

Leave a comment:

• salemjack
    replied
    A name to keep an eye out for to fill the D Line Coach Position: Kellen Soulek, Yankton native, coached D Line for Mount Marty last year.

Leave a comment:

• Gojacks2487
    replied
    Looks like he knows SD well. Played for the SF storm, coached at Augie and UND. All time leading rusher at Fresno State. Was most recently at Cal Poly.

Leave a comment:

• salemjack
    replied
    The worst kept secret of the past week:

https://twitter.com/gojacksfb/status...YboPbxHB0qyoHg

Leave a comment:

• salemjack
    replied
    Officially: Jake Menage to coach WRs and Robbie Rouse to coach RBs

Robbie was at Augustana, then UND when UND had Otis Weah and won a share of the conference title, then he was Cal Poly last year.

Jake was the OC for Northwestern (IA), who won the NAIA National Championship.

Leave a comment:

• JACKGUYII
    replied
    Robbie Rouse - Assistant Coach / Running Backs / High School Camp Coordinator - Football Coaches - Cal Poly (gopoly.com)

Our new Running back coach.

Leave a comment:

• salemjack
    replied
    So pretty much Pete Menage is in. And I like what he is doing on the recruiting front already!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X