GDT: Holy Cross (12/10/22) ***FCS Championship, Quarter-Finals***

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by HC87 View Post
    Fun game yesterday, thought we almost had you guys at times. Sluka is a warrior and plays with an edge....it can come across as arrogant admittedly but it's just part of his make-up and makes him the player that he is.

Know this, most HC fans are rooting for you guys to take it all this year and hoping we meet up again in the not too distant future....hopefully in Wusstahh next time!
    I'd be a fan of these playoff "rematches," if conferences could commit to the bulk of their members participating, so that we don't have mid to bottom-tier/unseeded teams refusing to play prior playoff caliber non-conference opponents.

Any chance we dream bigger and have rotating Target Field and Fenway neutral site games?

Regarding Sluka, I can understand confidence/cockiness/swagger, but don't posture after a gain and then whine to officials after tackles on subsequent plays.

Comment

• Originally posted by HC87 View Post
      Fun game yesterday, thought we almost had you guys at times. Sluka is a warrior and plays with an edge....it can come across as arrogant admittedly but it's just part of his make-up and makes him the player that he is.

Know this, most HC fans are rooting for you guys to take it all this year and hoping we meet up again in the not too distant future....hopefully in Wusstahh next time!
      I'll go further than that....the kids a dbag. And when you are a dbag, the coaches give the ok to score a TD at the end, I hope your HC bettors enjoy their losses. Nobody likes a whiny @#$%^
      With fans like this who needs enemas.....

Comment

• Originally posted by Theee Catrabbit View Post

I'll go further than that....the kids a dbag. And when you are a dbag, the coaches give the ok to score a TD at the end, I hope your HC bettors enjoy their losses. Nobody likes a whiny @#$%^
        I wouldn't say he is a "dbag", we are obviously biased against him. If he was our guy we would love it. At the end of the day both teams were talking and taunting a lot, and the refs let it all go, both ways, and I was fine with it. It gave a very playoff feel to the game it was awesome.

Comment

• Originally posted by salemjack View Post

I wouldn't say he is a "dbag", we are obviously biased against him. If he was our guy we would love it. At the end of the day both teams were talking and taunting a lot, and the refs let it all go, both ways, and I was fine with it. It gave a very playoff feel to the game it was awesome.
          Yes, that is one aspect of the officiating I won't object to. However, where that could become problematic is if they started throwing flags when tempers flared. I think officials did a good job of talking to "offending" players who played through the whistle.

Comment

• Originally posted by WestSideRabbit View Post
            Blessed with another Victory Sunday! Huge win by the Jacks to defeat the Crusaders. Grab your coffee and give rants and raves a read! #GoJacks
            https://jackrabbitillustrated.com/20...y-cross-2.html
            West side… You mentioned how great the artificial turf was and how it didn’t seem slick at all… I noticed that also and couldn’t believe it would look perfect. The day before ESPN was showing how the field had what appeared to be a layer snow and ice! I don’t know how they got rid of it if they somehow used a steel roller and broke up the ice and then took it off or they used urea!! I guess urea can make the ice into ice cubes and then they can brush them off! Does anyone know how they got the field so perfect??? It didn’t seem slick at all for the players

Comment

• Originally posted by WestSideRabbit View Post
              Blessed with another Victory Sunday! Huge win by the Jacks to defeat the Crusaders. Grab your coffee and give rants and raves a read! #GoJacks
              https://jackrabbitillustrated.com/20...y-cross-2.html
              Perhaps.someone.else mentioned, but frankly the game could have had a whole different feel if Jack's score TD's in the first half instead of field goals. I suggest it may have been a blow out early... the play calling there in the red zone was perhaps a bit too "creative " in retrospec. Point being, Jack's didn't come out slow and play scared through q3, they just didn't capitalize with their dominant run game and gave HC life.

I doubt that will happen again.

Comment

• Originally posted by salemjack View Post

very much agree with you salem. he had a lot to say that is for sure, but he did play a heckuva game, so nobody can say that he was one of those guys who does nothing and shoots his mouth off about the rare time he makes half a play

that said if you are the guy who wants to talk or THE FANS of that guy, then you probably do not have much room to complain about the response to the talk. that said i have always been much more of a fan of do your job shut your mouth go back to the huddle and come out and do it again (for BOTH TEAMS). also HC87 i dont think anyone here has any complaint about you. you are obviously a great and passionate fan of your team, but also a very good sport and it has been enjoyable having you visit with us here on both occasions that our teams have played

Comment

• Originally posted by 73alum View Post

West side… You mentioned how great the artificial turf was and how it didn’t seem slick at all… I noticed that also and couldn’t believe it would look perfect. The day before ESPN was showing how the field had what appeared to be a layer snow and ice! I don’t know how they got rid of it if they somehow used a steel roller and broke up the ice and then took it off or they used urea!! I guess urea can make the ice into ice cubes and then they can brush them off! Does anyone know how they got the field so perfect??? It didn’t seem slick at all for the players
                  The SDSU athletic grounds crew are simply **animals** and do miracles on a regular basis.
                  "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

• https://twitter.com/samherderfcs/sta...sB9ju2v-UkE4qQ

Game had 1.5 million viewers. Slightly down from years prior but still a lot of eyes watching football in Brookings. I cannot get over the fact that we have THREE Jackrabbit games on ESPN/ESPN2 this week. All in South Dakota as well. This is why we made the D1 jump. Pentagon Thursday night should be sold out. Hoping Saturday has an impressive crowd and showing as well.

Comment

Working...
                    X