GDT: Holy Cross (12/10/22) ***FCS Championship, Quarter-Finals***

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AZjack View Post
    Holy Cross fans complaining about the last td is a joke. Don't use your timeouts if you don't want to get scored on there.
    i saw it as an f you to the HC qb.. seemed he was jackin his jaw to our guys all game.

Comment

Originally posted by YanktonJack7 View Post
      Interesting all of these rushes and yet HC has no penalties.
      There were blatant holds missed, not to mention a false start by their RT late in the game.

Comment

Originally posted by Bozemaniac View Post
        Beanum almost grabs a pick on the 3rd and 23. Great stop.
        His PBU late was an elite play and helped Jacks maintain momentum. Awesome that it happened on east sideline too

Comment

Originally posted by Southeast View Post
          It’s probably ideal that our D got to face a star-level running QB today. Lots to look at and address on the film.

I’ve been to plenty of 15,000 person Beef Bowl type games that were no where near as fun as the in-stand experience today. I don’t think I sat down for more than 5 plays. That was awesome.
          You can bet Bobcats will bring more fans than Crusaders did today, and the Holy Cross fans today were bad enough to listen to when Jacks were on offense.

Nevertheless, I'll agree that today was dang fun

Comment

Originally posted by SturgisJeff View Post

i saw it as an f you to the HC qb.. seemed he was jackin his jaw to our guys all game.
            He was, and I was irked when he'd do that and then whine to refs

Comment

Originally posted by Theee Catrabbit View Post
              2 things I know from this...... 1) MSU fans already thinking they won next week. 2) HC fans will think that's a bad deal to go for the TD at the end. You can't throw that many gimmick plays at us and not expect us to put a nail in the coffin, they tried an onside kick in the 1st qtr for christ sakes!

not to mention, it seemed like they had a LOT TO SAY, starting pretty much immediately and continuing to the end. other than that, LOTS of credit to HC they came out with the pedal to the metal and playing with nothing to lose. they played hard and they played well

the jacks can DEFINITELY play better. i hope MSU and all their fans are counting their chickens already. i have zero doubt that they jacks will be ready and they will play extremely well, as a matter of fact i might even guess that, while the jacks will NEVER admit it, i think they may have been slightly overlooking HC today and thinking about getting MSU at home next week???

Comment

Originally posted by AZjack View Post
                Holy Cross fans complaining about the last td is a joke. Don't use your timeouts if you don't want to get scored on there.
                UMM did anyone see the NFL game on thursday? obviously it is not LIKELY but a two score game with over two minutes left is NOT OVER! if we go for the FG and miss they hit one big play and suddenly we have to field an onside kick to put it away. that was the end of the field where wind was more of an issue

Comment

It was no fluke that HC was undefeated until today. They were the last undefeated team in the FCS, and they have by far the best quarterback the Jacks have faced all season. He rushed for more than 200 yards, and the rest of HC's team rushed for less than 50 yards.Sluka is a true stud, probably better than Montana State's Touchdown Tommy.
                  This space for lease.

Comment

Originally posted by LetsGoRabbits View Post

not to mention, it seemed like they had a LOT TO SAY, starting pretty much immediately and continuing to the end. other than that, LOTS of credit to HC they came out with the pedal to the metal and playing with nothing to lose. they played hard and they played well

the jacks can DEFINITELY play better. i hope MSU and all their fans are counting their chickens already. i have zero doubt that they jacks will be ready and they will play extremely well, as a matter of fact i might even guess that, while the jacks will NEVER admit it, i think they may have been slightly overlooking HC today and thinking about getting MSU at home next week???
                    I think we were definitely overlooking them a little today. And they were better than we thought. We’ve been on a collision course with MSU since the bracket was announced and I think this was a major trap game for us.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jacked_Up View Post
                      It was no fluke that HC was undefeated until today. They were the last undefeated team in the FCS, and they have by far the best quarterback the Jacks have faced all season. He rushed for more than 200 yards, and the rest of HC's team rushed for less than 50 yards.Sluka is a true stud, probably better than Montana State's Touchdown Tommy.
                      I think Sluka may be a better passer than Mellott, but I don’t think there is a better running quarterback in the FCS than Mellott. And Chambers is tough too. Just my opinion.

Many of Sluka’s yards today came on scrambles from passing sets, and MSU doesn’t pass a lot, more straight QB runs or read option. I think part of Sluka’s yards today were a result of dropping into coverage, no pressure, and missed tackles as he slipped through the line. He had yards on straight runs too, to be sure, but a lot of it was improvised. MSU doesn’t do that as much, so that’ll be interesting to see play out.

Comment

• Maybe we treat MSU like we did Nebraska when we played them. Dial back the pass rush, own the line of scrimmage and make them beat you passing. Part of our problem today was the d-linemen getting up field and opening running lanes.
                        One hand points to campus...the other to the liquor store.

Comment

• Watched the game on DVR and definitely agree with many thoughts already expressed. Sluka was doing a LOT of talking after plays. Definitely think with the team already knowing the MSU result this was a bit of a trap game. HC better than many expected, but if you listened to/or read stuff from the JI guys you knew their O-line was vastly improved since our previous matchup. HC complainers about the last TD- tell your coach to stop calling time-outs if you want us to quit playing or make a tackle on an 8 yard slant pattern. Bock getting a chance to shake off some "rust" before next week is huge imo.

Comment

• Blessed with another Victory Sunday! Huge win by the Jacks to defeat the Crusaders. Grab your coffee and give rants and raves a read! #GoJacks
                            https://jackrabbitillustrated.com/20...y-cross-2.html
                            Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

• Originally posted by WestSideRabbit View Post
                              Blessed with another Victory Sunday! Huge win by the Jacks to defeat the Crusaders. Grab your coffee and give rants and raves a read! #GoJacks
                              https://jackrabbitillustrated.com/20...y-cross-2.html
                              Awesome post.

Not to pile on the officials, but I noticed as least three Holy Cross personnel consistently enter field of play (sometimes going to yard markers) to signal their offense. One appeared to be an assistant, while the others were backups.

I didn't notice them get so much as a warning for it.

Comment

• Fun game yesterday, thought we almost had you guys at times. Sluka is a warrior and plays with an edge....it can come across as arrogant admittedly but it's just part of his make-up and makes him the player that he is.

Know this, most HC fans are rooting for you guys to take it all this year and hoping we meet up again in the not too distant future....hopefully in Wusstahh next time!

Comment

Working...
                                X