Holy Cross

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JackJD View Post

Best advice for a fun Saturday of football! The last game reinforced that the cold-weather playoff crowds, while fewer in number compared to regular-season crowds, are some of the best. Lots of hilarious comments and yelling. I have four seats and they'll all be filled.

The weather prediction has slipped a little as Saturday approaches but today's advance prediction of Saturday's weather -- 32 and partly cloudy -- should be accurate. That's nice weather for this time of year.. I hope we hit 8,000 (this team deserves the support of twice that number).
    The comments! The Delaware punter knows what what you're talking about. Not sure I've seen/heard a punter get so much attention on the sideline before. He spent A LOT of time warming up. It is almost like he knew he was going to be used a lot that day.
    One hand points to campus...the other to the liquor store.

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post

Working on determining "JackrabbitRealist's" true colors -- he's posted on this forum two times (convenient--you can read both posts in this thread! ) He hasn't written anything inaccurate so far but his motivation is questionable. We'll keep an eye on him. In the meantime, don't feed the troll.
      Big Jacks fan, just not a Stig guy. Program is built on moral victories, uninspiring leadership, and getting 2nd place is good enough. It’s time to push all the regular season accolades to the side and win a natty. What Lofton did was completely idiotic, but a suspension for this would be hypocritical from the top of the house.

Comment

Originally posted by JackrabbitRealist View Post

Big Jacks fan, just not a Stig guy. Program is built on moral victories, uninspiring leadership, and getting 2nd place is good enough. It’s time to push all the regular season accolades to the side and win a natty. What Lofton did was completely idiotic, but a suspension for this would be hypocritical from the top of the house.
        Uh huh, sure you are. Love a visit from Bison trolls.

Comment

My rather ironic/sarcastic comment to my wife when the Lofton news first came out is pretty much the entirety of my feeling regarding the situation:

"I guess we've hit the big time."

If you get 100+ young men 18-24 years old together, you can count on at least one of them, in any calendar year, doing something really quite stupid. The best you can hope for is that the stupid doesn't cause somebody seriousharm, permanent injury, or death. I'll reserve further judgment until more details emerge.

On a cheerier note: I'm headed north to Brookings from KC for the Saturday football and basketball games (the trip was going to include several other basketball games next week but it looks like the really nasty storm will be coming into BKX Monday through Wednesday, so we're truncating this particular trip to Brookings).

So, if you're closer than six and a half hours from Brookings and have Saturday free, what's your excuse for not showing up at the DJD?
          "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

you know how you know if you are a Bion or a YOTE troll, SEE ABOVE. 3 posts all today. Yup. thanks for coming on board.

Comment

I also dislike Head Coach of the Year recipients.....derp
              With fans like this who needs enemas.....

Comment

How about we worry about Holy Cross, not random newbie poster guy?
                "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

I was checking the seats around me that had season ticket holders last week. They may be waiting to buy tickets $5 cheaper since there are many of those seats still on the board for sale. I would hope nicer weather would help attendance this week. Go Jacks!!
                  Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

The Cross is going to pull off the upset!

Comment

Originally posted by TheCrossisBack View Post
                      that's the spirit!
                      With fans like this who needs enemas.....

Comment

Does anyone know how the finances work for playoff games. I know seeded teams have to bid the minimum to host games. Teams that get large attendance, do they make money off of the games or do the profits go to the NCAA regardless?

Over/under 7k tomorrow?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by JRFanatic View Post
                          Does anyone know how the finances work for playoff games. I know seeded teams have to bid the minimum to host games. Teams that get large attendance, do they make money off of the games or do the profits go to the NCAA regardless?

Over/under 7k tomorrow?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                          There was an article that stated the NCAA would get 85% of gate. I would expect that is to cover transportation for the teams. The attendance has been low for most games. I am hoping for 7K+ in Brookings Saturday.
                          Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

I hope the attendance is better than that, but the realist in my agrees that perhaps 8k is going to be the number. I was unable to attend last Saturday but will be adding myself and my neighbor to the count this week. I am looking forward to a good challenge from Holy Cross - sounds like it will be a good physical tough guy football game. We have quite a few tough guys and I think we will do okay.

The Zen philosopher Basha once wrote, 'A flute with no holes, is not a flute. A donut with no hole, is a Danish.'

Comment

Originally posted by TheCrossisBack View Post
                              I'm already upset my parents can't go, and I'll be more upset seeing the Crusaders, but that'll be tempered once the Jacks start thumpin' Iggy's team (and I don't mean Iggy Pop)

Comment

Hopefully Lujan has the pass game turned up a notch this week and gets the tight ends going.

Don't turn the ball over and keep penalties down, it will be a win.

Comment

Working...
                                X