No announcement yet.

Holy Cross

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just went online to look at tickets. My guess from what’s available online the crowd will look very similar to last weekend. 8000 would be a win. It’s really too bad. I just don’t get it. $15 to get into the house. A great value to watch an FCS playoff game.

Stop the QB run and the Rabbits will be fine. If you’re in the house make some noise and have some fun!

Go Rabbits!

Comment

I would LOVE to be there, but we are hosting an event at school that I have to be at. Unfortunately, adding it to the <10 games we have missed over the past 15 years or so.

Comment

I'm guessing that attendance will exceed 8,000, despite the 8-11 inches of snow that has fallen in the Sioux Falls area. The Brookings area got a few inches, too. Gamewise, I look for the Jacks' defense to play well, as usual, and the offense to make a really strong statement. Davis and Johnson, especially, should excell. Run, run, run.
        This space for lease.

Comment

Originally posted by AZjack View Post
          Hopefully Lujan has the pass game turned up a notch this week and gets the tight ends going.

Don't turn the ball over and keep penalties down, it will be a win.

NO INTENT of singling you out AZ. there have been multiple comments about getting the TEs going / not using them last week

but i have not seen anyone realize that, we had almost zero throws inside or even close to the hashes. i am pretty sure i remember one completion to Hiens between the hashes (i think for a first down) and i would not say that there was even another throw, let alone a completion, in that part of the field.

combine that with the great accuracy by Grono 11 for 15 and how sharp he looked (exactly like he looked in the spring playoffs and vs Mo St in my opinion) and it seems pretty likely if not blatantly obvious that the jacks found a weakness outside the hashes and toward the sidelines in UDs 3-3-5 defensive scheme and possibly a strength vs passes in the middle of the field??

now we could say that if you plan to almost completely focus on throws to the outside in your pass game, then you should design some plays that get your all american TE to the outside, but i think it is pretty normal that the majority of our outside passes go to the twins and the other wr, somebody can point out if i am wrong but i dont think so

i would also say that i think over Grono career that he is very good on passes that move toward or happen in the middle of the field, i.e. slants, seams, crossing routes, and the old post up the TE play

not to say he has not had success throwing outside, he certainly has, and he definitely has the arm for it, but i think overall i would complement the team for finding a shortcoming in the defense, game planning for it, and Grono for preparing to make those throws and executing the plan on game day to excellent success, DESPITE the fact that such a gameplan very much minimized a part of the passing game that has been very good for the team and for Grono. i would call that having the intelligence to see what the defense is GIVING you and having the wisdom the PLAYERS and the ability to take advantage of it

i do believe this team very much believes in doing their 1/11th no matter if they have the ball or not. connected to all that, i believe we have a group of pass catchers, both WR and TE who truly enjoy blocking both for each other and for the RBs when they are not the one guy who gets the pass. and we are spoiled with so much talent that we dont have to force touches to anyone

Comment

Originally posted by JackrabbitRealist View Post

There shouldn’t be. Apparently you can get a DUI and not serve any type of suspension.
            Freshman TE got a DUI , fake ID and possession of marijuana this year after USD game. No recourse and still traveled. Sets a piss poor precedence for the rest of the team that stays clean.

Comment

Who's calling the game on Saturday for ESPN?
              This space for lease.

Comment

Originally posted by LetsGoRabbits View Post

NO INTENT of singling you out AZ. there have been multiple comments about getting the TEs going / not using them last week

but i have not seen anyone realize that, we had almost zero throws inside or even close to the hashes. i am pretty sure i remember one completion to Hiens between the hashes (i think for a first down) and i would not say that there was even another throw, let alone a completion, in that part of the field.

combine that with the great accuracy by Grono 11 for 15 and how sharp he looked (exactly like he looked in the spring playoffs and vs Mo St in my opinion) and it seems pretty likely if not blatantly obvious that the jacks found a weakness outside the hashes and toward the sidelines in UDs 3-3-5 defensive scheme and possibly a strength vs passes in the middle of the field??

now we could say that if you plan to almost completely focus on throws to the outside in your pass game, then you should design some plays that get your all american TE to the outside, but i think it is pretty normal that the majority of our outside passes go to the twins and the other wr, somebody can point out if i am wrong but i dont think so

i would also say that i think over Grono career that he is very good on passes that move toward or happen in the middle of the field, i.e. slants, seams, crossing routes, and the old post up the TE play

not to say he has not had success throwing outside, he certainly has, and he definitely has the arm for it, but i think overall i would complement the team for finding a shortcoming in the defense, game planning for it, and Grono for preparing to make those throws and executing the plan on game day to excellent success, DESPITE the fact that such a gameplan very much minimized a part of the passing game that has been very good for the team and for Grono. i would call that having the intelligence to see what the defense is GIVING you and having the wisdom the PLAYERS and the ability to take advantage of it

i do believe this team very much believes in doing their 1/11th no matter if they have the ball or not. connected to all that, i believe we have a group of pass catchers, both WR and TE who truly enjoy blocking both for each other and for the RBs when they are not the one guy who gets the pass. and we are spoiled with so much talent that we dont have to force touches to anyone
                You missed the point. Holy Cross is very susceptible to good tight end play, Lujan better exploit that.

Delaware's defense took some of that away, I was referring to this game.

The quick strike ability needs to start coming alive deeper in the playoffs. Absolutely establish the run, but they need to get the ball down field to these tight ends.

Comment

Originally posted by WTFJACK View Post

Freshman TE got a DUI , fake ID and possession of marijuana this year after USD game. No recourse and still traveled. Sets a piss poor precedence for the rest of the team that stays clean.
                  First post, huh? Pardon me for being suspicious of the content and motive for it.
                  This space for lease.

Comment

Hit the road WTFJack, don't you come back no more no more no more no more

Comment

Originally posted by AZjack View Post

You missed the point. Holy Cross is very susceptible to good tight end play, Lujan better exploit that.

Delaware's defense took some of that away, I was referring to this game.

The quick strike ability needs to start coming alive deeper in the playoffs. Absolutely establish the run, but they need to get the ball down field to these tight ends.
                      well as i said, i was not singling you out. there had been other comments about the TE not getting used.

beyond that what you are saying about the HC defense fits precisely with what i said. last game we had a weakness we could exploit on the outside of the field and we were able to do that with the Jankes. this week the TEs may have the favorable matchup. the jacks have a LOT of talented skill players and they have a lot of flexibility to be able to take advantage of whatever openings are available

Comment

Yesterday was a great day as the temperature was tolerable and the crowd noise was endless. The HC offense may have had only a couple of quiet plays as the cowbells and cheering for the SDSU defense was relentless. The refs left their whistles in the in the locker room as penalties were as rare as a Bigfoot sighting. The HC defensive backs liked to wave their arms and hands in front of the Jacks bench and crowd when there was a successful play for them. Of course, that was returned amplified at the end of the game. Also, my son was watching the game on TV and he remarked that Matt Sluka was chirping at the SDSU defense frequently(which he was very successful during the day as the only running threat for HC). Coach Chesney chose to burn his timeouts at the end as a warrior and some HC fans are crying about Stig is a bully when another score is added. The Jackrabbits had trouble getting traction against Sluka, but they did not allow the one player to beat them as Sluka wore down in the end. The too early forecast for next Saturday is 18 degrees and 10 mph NNW which would be similar to last week against Delaware. Buy some handwarmers and borrow some of JackJD's ice fishing clothes for Saturday the 17th.
                        Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
                          Yesterday was a great day as the temperature was tolerable and the crowd noise was endless. The HC offense may have had only a couple of quiet plays as the cowbells and cheering for the SDSU defense was relentless. The refs left their whistles in the in the locker room as penalties were as rare as a Bigfoot sighting. The HC defensive backs liked to wave their arms and hands in front of the Jacks bench and crowd when there was a successful play for them. Of course, that was returned amplified at the end of the game. Also, my son was watching the game on TV and he remarked that Matt Sluka was chirping at the SDSU defense frequently(which he was very successful during the day as the only running threat for HC). Coach Chesney chose to burn his timeouts at the end as a warrior and some HC fans are crying about Stig is a bully when another score is added. The Jackrabbits had trouble getting traction against Sluka, but they did not allow the one player to beat them as Sluka wore down in the end. The too early forecast for next Saturday is 18 degrees and 10 mph NNW which would be similar to last week against Delaware. Buy some handwarmers and borrow some of JackJD's ice fishing clothes for Saturday the 17th.
                          One issue I have with that statement is that Crusaders' fans had their own cowbells, stomped their feet and made noise when Jacks were on offense too. Their team did the same on the sidelines.

A few pregame wishes I have for Saturday are that Bobcats' fans aren't able to replicate this; that their numbers don't exceed what we had for Crusaders fans yesterday, and that none of the refs from yesterday officiate on Sat. The officials can take the game in Fargo and afford UIW the latitude they did the Crusaders.

Comment

Working...
                          X