Illinois St Game 11/12/22

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
    Thinking ahead to Saturday's weather....decided to see what it was like a year ago. On Nov 6, 2021 the Bison wandered into town for the annual Jackrabbit Marker-Retention Game (okay, maybe a slight exaggeration) at Dana J. Dykhouse Stadium. The temp at kickoff: 66 degrees! There was a 10 mph wind from the south. Sweatshirt weather. Final: SDSU 27, NDSU 19.

It was t-shirt & shorts weather for those of us that sit on the east side

Comment

Want to know more about Illinois State? Read this and get the facts. #GoJacks
      https://jackrabbitillustrated.com/20...ois-state.html
      Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

Selfishly I hope for a blowout so I can get down to watch AAA championship without being rushed

35-10
        With fans like this who needs enemas.....

Comment

A poster on the ISU forum says that Annexstad, their starting QB will not play on Saturday.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
            A poster on the ISU forum says that Annexstad, their starting QB will not play on Saturday.
            if that’s true they backup can definitely run the ball. He started last week against the penguins and busted a couple big runs.
            Go Big Go Blue ..... Go Jacks

Comment

Originally posted by Gojacks2487 View Post

if that’s true they backup can definitely run the ball. He started last week against the penguins and busted a couple big runs.
              Looks like he's run a total of 26 plays in his college career. If the defense can get some pressure on him, the odds of the interception streak getting extended should be high.

Comment

Has anyone heard if any of the seniors who are eligible to return next year plan to? I assume we will maybe get an idea based off who walks for senior day.

Comment

Originally posted by SteelSD View Post
                  Has anyone heard if any of the seniors who are eligible to return next year plan to? I assume we will maybe get an idea based off who walks for senior day.
                  Stig posted this on his Twitter account showing the 12 that will be recognized on Senior Day. http://www.twitter.com/HolyNutmeg/st...86280565903361 If that list is complete, seniors returning for the extra year would include Stalbird, Gales, Williamson, Heide, Shafer, Morgan, Hicks, Terveer and Van Marel.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post

Stig posted this on his Twitter account showing the 12 that will be recognized on Senior Day. http://www.twitter.com/HolyNutmeg/st...86280565903361 If that list is complete, seniors returning for the extra year would include Stalbird, Gales, Williamson, Heide, Shafer, Morgan, Hicks, Terveer and Van Marel.
                    Looks to me Shafer is moving on too. A lot of talented players moving on to their "real lives". Hard to blame them, but sure is a bummer to see them go! Appears Lofton, Winkelman, Sanders, and Wolf have used up their full eligibility. Everyone else has 1 more year if they had desired.

Seniors pictured in Stig's tweet appear to be: Lofton, Shafer, Norblade, Winkleman, Sanders, Drotzman. Janke^2, Wolf, McCormick, Greenfield, Heins.

Comment

Originally posted by RahRahRabbits View Post

Looks to me Shafer is moving on too. A lot of talented players moving on to their "real lives". Hard to blame them, but sure is a bummer to see them go! Appears Lofton, Winkelman, Sanders, and Wolf have used up their full eligibility. Everyone else has 1 more year if they had desired.

Seniors pictured in Stig's tweet appear to be: Lofton, Shafer, Norblade, Winkleman, Sanders, Drotzman. Janke^2, Wolf, McCormick, Greenfield, Heins.
                      Man, you look at that list of names and what a list of impactful and talented players. Of course it sucks that they have to go but totally understandable that they are ready to move on with their lives. I look forward to cheering these stud Jacks Saturday and sending them out hopefully with a large crowd of appreciative Jacks fans.

Comment

Originally posted by RahRahRabbits View Post

I've been told that some of these players are still undecided about returning but they are running through senior day in case they do not decide to come back. I do not know who this is in reference to. Lofton, Winkelman, Sanders and Wolf are all out of eligibility like you said. Norblade and Shafer are just done physically; both have dealt with so many injuries.
                        Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

Originally posted by WestSideRabbit View Post

I've been told that some of these players are still undecided about returning but they are running through senior day in case they do not decide to come back. I do not know who this is in reference to. Lofton, Winkelman, Sanders and Wolf are all out of eligibility like you said. Norblade and Shafer are just done physically; both have dealt with so many injuries.
                          During a post game interview early in the season with Tyler Merriam McCormick sure made it seem like there was a good chance he was coming back. Also during Jadon Janke's interview on the Stig show he said this is "possibly" his last year, so there is at least a slim chance he returns.
                          Last edited by Jackrabbit2012; 11-10-2022, 03:15 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by WestSideRabbit View Post

This could be why some deserving Jacks have not received Senior Bowl invites. Guessing that they need to confirm being done before that can happen.

Comment

Elephant in the room time, will Kraft be back?
                              One hand points to campus...the other to the liquor store.

Comment

Originally posted by Gojacks2487 View Post

Spack indicated Redbirds "don't plan to play" Annexstad Sat. due to separated throwing shoulder.

Comment

Working...
                                X