Illinois St Game 11/12/22

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Illinois St Game 11/12/22

One last regular season home game! Go Jacks!! Run Rabbits!!

South Dakota State Jackrabbits

·
    !
    Join South Dakota State University Football at the final regular-season game of the season this Saturday, November 12 for ONLY $10/ticket as a ! The sale ends at midnight on 11/11.
    » GoJacks.com/PromoCode, CODE:BLEACHERBUM
    Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

East side N and S end zones, .Sections 116 and 124 90 percent available.

Comment

Hope everyone has there winter coats handy. The forecast as of now is a high of 19 a 10-20 mph NW wind. Has the makings of a light crowd.

Comment

Nineteen degrees and wind! Ouch: a 45-degree difference between Hobo Day, and next Saturday -- and we haven't had the usual decline in temperatures so that we adjust to the colder weather. I'm looking forward to the game. I'll get out the ice-fishing gear and start sleeping in the chest freezer in the basement to thicken the blood.

The late season and playoff games in cold weather have been some of the best games to attend. Those with snow are even funny -- how about the game with snow and pillows in the stands? I'm not sure what that was all about but there was a good fight among the spectators at halftime. I attended a couple of Vikings games in December at the old Met in Bloomington before the Metrodome opened -- first time I experienced tailgating.

Saturday is Military Appreciation Day. Score prediction: SDSU 48, Illinois State 7. Attendance: About 13,000. Jacks set a new record: 10 straight wins.

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
          Nineteen degrees and wind! Ouch: a 45-degree difference between Hobo Day, and next Saturday -- and we haven't had the usual decline in temperatures so that we adjust to the colder weather. I'm looking forward to the game. I'll get out the ice-fishing gear and start sleeping in the chest freezer in the basement to thicken the blood.

The late season and playoff games in cold weather have been some of the best games to attend. Those with snow are even funny -- how about the game with snow and pillows in the stands? I'm not sure what that was all about but there was a good fight among the spectators at halftime. I attended a couple of Vikings games in December at the old Met in Bloomington before the Metrodome opened -- first time I experienced tailgating.

Saturday is Military Appreciation Day. Score prediction: SDSU 48, Illinois State 7. Attendance: About 13,000. Jacks set a new record: 10 straight wins.
          That was the Joey Fatone "World's Largest Pillow Fight" game vs. 'Yotes in 2014.

2016 playoff game vs. 'Nova and 2018 game vs. Duquesne had about optimal snow, nothing like the Cal Poly-Grizz game this past weekend.

I hope your attendance and score predictions are accurate. It sure seems like I see more Brookings County vehicles in the lots this season, so I think the Jacks are doing an even better job enticing the locals to attend, which could bode well if folks are leery about temps. It'd be a much shorter drive if they get too chilly and need to leave early.

Comment

Games have been great this year. The weather forecast will give us an indicating if playoff attendance will be any better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Its defiantly going to be chilly this weekend defiantly going test the fanbase for sure. I am sure we will lose some fans to the high school championships in the dumpster dome this weekend. I will definitely be disipointed with anything below 12K.
              Go Big Go Blue ..... Go Jacks

Comment

Historically this type of game has been less than 10k, so I would say anything above that 12-13k range would be a good sign. If we get to 15k, that would be a massive success and a good indication of having better crowds this December.

Comment

Thinking ahead to Saturday's weather....decided to see what it was like a year ago. On Nov 6, 2021 the Bison wandered into town for the annual Jackrabbit Marker-Retention Game (okay, maybe a slight exaggeration) at Dana J. Dykhouse Stadium. The temp at kickoff: 66 degrees! There was a 10 mph wind from the south. Sweatshirt weather. Final: SDSU 27, NDSU 19.

Contrast: Final regular season home game held Nov 20, 2021. NDSU's closest friends and family, the UND Hawks, came to town. Temp: 4 degrees! Wind: 10 mph from the north. Final: SDSU 24, UND 21.

Illinois State will be playing in the same weather conditions as the Jacks.

Comment

Thinking ahead to Saturday's weather....decided to see what it was like a year ago. On Nov 6, 2021 the Bison wandered into town for the annual Jackrabbit Marker-Retention Game (okay, maybe a slight exaggeration) at Dana J. Dykhouse Stadium. The temp at kickoff: 66 degrees! There was a 10 mph wind from the south. Sweatshirt weather. Final: SDSU 27, NDSU 19.

Contrast: Final regular season home game held Nov 20, 2021. NDSU's closest friends and family, the UND Hawks, came to town. Temp: 4 degrees! Wind: 10 mph from the north. Final: SDSU 24, UND 21.

Illinois State will be playing in the same weather conditions as the Jacks.
                    And the odds favor that it will affect the Redbirds more than it will the Jacks.

Comment

I am NOT a weather man. honestly i almost never watch the news for a lot of reasons, but one is the weather guy is wrong SO OFTEN. so usually my policy is see what happens when the day and the weather actually arrive

but I obviously understand the value in attempting to look into the future and make the appropriate plans. but we are talking sports in SD here. after a life time of playing and watching and a couple decades coaching, i have found it is ALWAYS best to be prepared for crappy weather and be pleasantly surprised when we get something else))

i have also found that temps in the 30s and even the 20s and 10s are not automatically as unpleasant as many assume. big factors, in my non expert non weather guy opinion, are how much cloud cover/ how much sun AND the stinking wind))) gotta love that wind here on the prairie)) anyway i have found that 20 degrees is not too bad if the sky is blue and clear and the wind is mild. feel free to tell me how i am wrong here

from what i see, i dont think expected winds are too ferocious but it looks like a cloudy/ gloomy/ NOT sunny day. i would say it will feel somewhere between chilly and cold, but not terrible especially with appropriate clothing, BUT you all have got me scared now about the the weather and the attendance

i have predicted multiple times that as long as we had no rain or snow that we would once again top 19k. i still think there is a chance i am correct, but you all have me doubting it now((( bunch a party poopers!!

anyway i still think we top 15k, which seems like it would still be a great number compared to past years!! i am just having a hard hard time believing that we are gonna fall off over 6k fans from the last two home games

i sure hope that i am correct here, but i will admit that i trust all of you a lot more than i trust me when it comes to prognosticating weather and attendance

Comment

Attendance at the 11/6/22, 66-degree NDSU at SDSU game was 18,122. Two weekends later, at the 11/20/22, 4-degree UND at SDSU game, 8,135 fans were in the stands.

Comment

Attendance at the 11/6/22, 66-degree NDSU at SDSU game was 18,122. Two weekends later, at the 11/20/22, 4-degree UND at SDSU game, 8,135 fans were in the stands.
                          WOW, definitely a BIG difference. obviously, some of that is due to the fans that ndsu brings as opposed to who und brings. also, i believe that our fans are far more likely to come out for the bison. ALSO, i do not want to speak about it, but we did have an annoying and i would say for MANY fans very deflating loss in between those two home games

anyway, i think there were multiple factors other than weather, and at the same time, like i said YOU and everyone have me worried now about the weather and the attendance. i wanna hope/ believe i am correct, but i definitely see merit in what all of you are saying!!!

that said, this team has done everything they can to build and grow enthusiasm! there have been no deflating losses and no losses at all vs FCS or since the first game of the year. JJD i sadly believe you could be right, and you all have gotten me to really doubt we hit 19k but i am still gonna guess we have over 15k for this game and at least one of the playoff games, unless the weather gets truly nasty

Comment

I'll be pumped if we get 10,000. The stands and the tailgating areas have been packed this season so maybe we will get a larger end-of-season crowd than we are used to.
                            One hand points to campus...the other to the liquor store.

Comment

Received an email stating that as a "thank you" season ticket holders will be able to get 4 free tickets to this game. Go to your account and then click on this game and the stadium diagram will appear. Simply select the section you want and then the seats. The regular price and a thank you option will pop up. Select "thank you" and help to pack the stadium.

Comment

Working...
                              X