Coaching Staff Thoughts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WestSideRabbit View Post

Oh you are 100% right. There are so many schools in or near Chicago that it makes sense form that standpoint. Its just bizarre that with all the connections we have to Wisconsin we can't get a "Hey, you should check out this kid..." type of deal and find a hidden gem. I'm also not saying they're not trying but it is just feels surprising.
    Haven’t we also had representation at the Chicagoland football showcase which could also open up the radar on Chicago area players?

Comment

It's been 12 days since Eck moved on. Is not promoting someone already on staff simply because of this happening over the holidays, or are they looking to see who outside of the program might be interested ?

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
        It's been 12 days since Eck moved on. Is not promoting someone already on staff simply because of this happening over the holidays, or are they looking to see who outside of the program might be interested ?
        ....Or it is required that the position must be advertised.
        Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Being reported Schleusner to Idaho.
          https://twitter.com/brucefeldmancfb/...772852231?s=21

Comment

http://www.twitter.com/BruceFeldmanC...36295772852231

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
              Being reported Schleusner to Idaho.
              https://twitter.com/brucefeldmancfb/...772852231?s=21
              Which makes me wonder if internally they already knew who the new OC will be?

Comment

Originally posted by mnjackrbt View Post

Which makes me wonder if internally they already knew who the new OC will be?
                Raises a number of questions about what happened/is going to happen.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
                  12 days isn't very long, especially during the holiday season. I hope Stig takes some time and makes a good decision for the longer term. There's a lot of coaching talent floating around this time of year, and hiring good assistants has proven to be one of Stig's strengths.
                  This space for lease.

Comment

Bergstrom named HC at Winona State

Comment

Fresh blood may be a good thing for this program. Wasn’t a huge Bergstrom fan anyways. I just hope we done lose Coach Smith for the DLINE. He seems really good. We will be fine as a program. Rogers to full time DC. Lujan to Passing Game Coordinator and bring in some fresh blood at OC.

Comment

How about not having co-coordinators anymore on offense or defense. Bad idea. Bergstrom got his D2 HC job so leave Rogers as DC. Stig doesn’t seem to make tough decisions and doesn’t want to ruffle feathers so he uses the co-coordinator concept. If it’s such a great idea then why don’t other programs use it? Maybe HC should be co-HC then as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Hareofthedog View Post
                          How about not having co-coordinators anymore on offense or defense. Bad idea. Bergstrom got his D2 HC job so leave Rogers as DC. Stig doesn’t seem to make tough decisions and doesn’t want to ruffle feathers so he uses the co-coordinator concept. If it’s such a great idea then why don’t other programs use it? Maybe HC should be co-HC then as well.
                          then they can be co-conspirators

Comment

The past year Assistant Coach salary range ($41,000-$95,000; high end was Eck as lone Offensive Coordinator).

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
                              The past year Assistant Coach salary range ($41,000-$95,000; high end was Eck as lone Offensive Coordinator).
                              Website of all state employees if anyone wants to look at each coach. https://open.sd.gov/employees.aspx

Comment

Originally posted by Hareofthedog View Post
                                Exactly how often has he used the co coordinator concept? MAYBE one other time in his 27 year VERY SUCCESSFUL stint as HC. i think maybe when brown first became DC i think we might have had co DC for a bit. cannot remember the other guys name, but he left within a year or two and brown became sole DC and i am almost positive there has never been another example. i think we are a long long way from being able to even pretend that this is something that happens a lot

not to mention, since JR and BB were named co coordinator the defense has undoubtedly improved. the DB really did not have a good year this year, but they were very good last year. and obviously BB is that position coach and should take some heat for their shortcomings, but injuries also were VERY unhelpful. but again, it is really NOT possible to say that the defense has not improved under the current coordinator setup

that said, i am excited to see what JR will do as sole DC and my expectations are good. they should be for anyone who sees him as potentially the next HC.

as for the Stig and making decisions thing, do you have some research to back this? i think if we are being honest, we can see more than several tough decisions he has made just in the last few years. anyway we have an entire thread devoted to ripping or supporting Stig. maybe we can give this a rest for a couple minutes, but obviously we are all free to continue any conversation we choose for as long as we choose.

does it seem to anyone else that there is an awful lot of time here devoted to complaining about our teams? wouldnt it be nice if a little more time was devoted to celebrating them. we have far FAR more to celebrate than the huge majority of schools do

Comment

Working...
                                X