X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NWHSUandSDSU
    replied
    Originally posted by mnjackrbt View Post

I believe that was for Jackson's second stint in Brookings. He was a part of the program in some form (player? student-coach? GA?) in the 2000's sometime.
    2003-2005

Leave a comment:

• mnjackrbt
    replied
    Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post

Jackson arrived in Brookings in 2012.
    I believe that was for Jackson's second stint in Brookings. He was a part of the program in some form (player? student-coach? GA?) in the 2000's sometime.

Leave a comment:

• bigticket1
    replied

Would they have any overlapping time at SDSU? Lea was at SDSU in 2007-2008. Jackson did have a stint at SDSU as I believe a player/coach/GA? sometime in the 2000s? Every coaching hire is somehow connected, I'm just curious what their connection is. If there was an SDSU overlap? If Lea and Stig still keep in touch and Stig recommended him? If Jackson has a connection to another person on the Vandy staff and the SDSU connection is more just ironic?
    Jackson arrived in Brookings in 2012.

Leave a comment:

• BigGoosie13
    replied

Would they have any overlapping time at SDSU? Lea was at SDSU in 2007-2008. Jackson did have a stint at SDSU as I believe a player/coach/GA? sometime in the 2000s? Every coaching hire is somehow connected, I'm just curious what their connection is. If there was an SDSU overlap? If Lea and Stig still keep in touch and Stig recommended him? If Jackson has a connection to another person on the Vandy staff and the SDSU connection is more just ironic?
    I'm assuming Lea and Stig still have a very strong relationship, Stig was actually the primary interview for a big article on Lea a few years ago after he had the Notre Dame defense really humming. Lea even named dropped Stig, along with many other coaches in is introductory press conference at Vandy.

Here is the article I think i remembered, it appears that Stig and Lea think very highly of each other... https://www.ndinsider.com/story/spor...dame/45838745/

Leave a comment:

• mnjackrbt
    replied
    Originally posted by BigGoosie13 View Post
    Not directly related to our current team, but it looks like Dan Jackson is joining another former Jacks coach Clark Lea's staff at Vandy... https://twitter.com/PeteThamel/statu...ueZTvsaGPD4sRQ

Leave a comment:

• salemjack
    replied
    Trying to build his resume for when UNO brings back their football program.

Leave a comment:

• BigGoosie13
    replied
    Not directly related to our current team, but it looks like Dan Jackson is joining another former Jacks coach Clark Lea's staff at Vandy... https://twitter.com/PeteThamel/statu...ueZTvsaGPD4sRQ

Leave a comment:

• Jacked_Up
    replied
    It seems pretty clear that Lujan is a rising star in the coaching and recruiting ranks. I'm glad he's still a Jackrabbit.

Leave a comment:

• WestSideRabbit
    replied
    Originally posted by Hareofthedog View Post
    Why did the strength and conditioning coach leave SDSU football and get out of football? Money has to be the answer. This coach is far more important to player development than people realize so it’s a huge mistake by J Sell to not find some money to pay coach Moe.
    It was time for Coach Moe to go. From alumni, he hasn’t kept pace with new techniques and practices in S&C. He has relied on the tried and true principles (good and bad, I suppose). It sounds like it was time for a new voice but grateful for the impact Moe made on the program!

Leave a comment:

• jakejc795
    replied
    Originally posted by Hareofthedog View Post
    Why did the strength and conditioning coach leave SDSU football and get out of football? Money has to be the answer. This coach is far more important to player development than people realize so it’s a huge mistake by J Sell to not find some money to pay coach Moe.
    This assumes Moe wanted to stay but for the salary he was being paid and/or the revised salary offered. Nevertheless, I agree that strength & conditioning is of utmost importance, and I hope Moe's replacement continues contributions to FB dominance

Leave a comment:

• Hareofthedog
    replied

Leave a comment:

• LetsGoRabbits
    replied
    Originally posted by salemjack View Post

Oladoukun did an ask me anything on a Reddit draft page a while ago and I remember him saying Lujan was his favorite coach at SDSU. I also remember Lujan talk about the process of getting someone who fit the system and he made it sound like he was the sole recruiter of Chris. Some of you may have some experience doubts about Lujan but IMO he’s a star in the making.
    Yes i pretty much remember hearing that Lujan was a BIG part of bringing him in. not sure i heard the only part but definitely a big part

and i really do not mean to imply having doubt. i think i have said that i fully expect it to go well. but i was still and am a bit surprised by it. and that is almost totally to do with limited experience. but i think everyone here has done an excellent job of pointing out good reasons for the decision. that said i would not have been disappointed with him and davis positions the other way. both good choices and both i think have bright futures

i do think, however, that all of these events point to JR being the strong favorite on the current staff and maybe overall to be the next HC

Leave a comment:

• goon
    replied
    Originally posted by LetsGoRabbits View Post

without question, he earned a lot of respect and a special place with Stig for the way he handled the competition and outcome of the situation with TC. at the same time, i am sure that he handled all of that in EXACTLY the way that Stig thought he would.

some here have cast doubt on it but there is NO QUESTION that Stig and his coaches place a very high premium on recruiting players with extremely high character. they are not, therefore, surprised when that character shows in the actions of those players

i actually really cannot think of too many stars or players we have ever had who were what anyone would call outspoken. calm and softspoken and let the playing do the talking is kind of the norm

Ranek, Zenner, Weineke, TC, Rozeboom, Backhaus, Pierre, Gardner and lot more all let the play do the talking

i think the most flashy least soft spoken i can think of would be Goedert and he was/ is far from loud. the jankes have a little bit of brashness it appears. one of my VERY ALL TIME favs JeRyan Butler had a little flash but largely i think you described not only Lujan but kind of the typical Stig player in general
    I should clarify, as i meant more like a coaching in the making he is like a mini Stig. but i wouldnt disagree with anything you said in regard to the players.

Leave a comment:

• jakejc795
    replied
    Originally posted by LetsGoRabbits View Post

without question, he earned a lot of respect and a special place with Stig for the way he handled the competition and outcome of the situation with TC. at the same time, i am sure that he handled all of that in EXACTLY the way that Stig thought he would.

some here have cast doubt on it but there is NO QUESTION that Stig and his coaches place a very high premium on recruiting players with extremely high character. they are not, therefore, surprised when that character shows in the actions of those players

i actually really cannot think of too many stars or players we have ever had who were what anyone would call outspoken. calm and softspoken and let the playing do the talking is kind of the norm

Ranek, Zenner, Weineke, TC, Rozeboom, Backhaus, Pierre, Gardner and lot more all let the play do the talking

i think the most flashy least soft spoken i can think of would be Goedert and he was/ is far from loud. the jankes have a little bit of brashness it appears. one of my VERY ALL TIME favs JeRyan Butler had a little flash but largely i think you described not only Lujan but kind of the typical Stig player in general
    Goedert first came to mind for me, not necessarily for being "outspoken," but rather for not being afraid to "poke the bear ... er Bison," but as I thought more about it, I think Cade Johnson had more "swagger"

Leave a comment:

• salemjack
    replied
    Originally posted by jakejc795 View Post

While he'd have the least amount of time overall, he has the most working with the prospective QBs, RBs, and WRs, with QB being paramount given two QBs favored to be high on the depth chart returning from injury (assuming Voss hasn't supplanted Gibbs and Mason indeed remains at QB).

Speaking of QBs, I'd also be curious about Lujan's influence in getting Oladokun and Mason to transfer here, because if he had much, that merits reward.
    Oladoukun did an ask me anything on a Reddit draft page a while ago and I remember him saying Lujan was his favorite coach at SDSU. I also remember Lujan talk about the process of getting someone who fit the system and he made it sound like he was the sole recruiter of Chris. Some of you may have some experience doubts about Lujan but IMO he’s a star in the making.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X