Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GDT: @ Montana State (NCAA FCS Playoffs - Semi-finals)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• And Montana State is getting boat raced. Jacks should be in this game.

Comment

• Originally posted by YanktonJack7 View Post
      And Montana State is getting boat raced. Jacks should be in this game.
      They had their shot. They got beat. What more can you say?

Comment

• Originally posted by 98Jackfarmer View Post
        They had their shot. They got beat. What more can you say?
        And if Mellott gets hurt against the Jacks in the first series I think the game is different.

That’s football!

Comment

• I mentioned after our game if msu thinks they can run 30 times agsinst ndsu they are going to be surprised. Ndsu doesnt hsve individually the greatest talent. But each unit, olone, dline, secondary etc play as much as a unit as you can get and this gsme is showing it. Msu got hot, beat us after traveling all over the country. Beating an ndsu team with a chance to prepare....nope. so frustrating because we csn beat ndsu. We have before and we will again, but we can win when all the chips are on the line.
          "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

• Watching the game I just kept thinking what would’ve the Montana state would’ve been like in brookings. Home playoff games are so important. Can’t have the let downs during the season no matter who is out.
            Go Big Go Blue ..... Go Jacks

Comment

• Originally posted by Gojacks2487 View Post
              Watching the game I just kept thinking what would’ve the Montana state would’ve been like in brookings. Home playoff games are so important. Can’t have the let downs during the season no matter who is out.
              Watching the way the Bison OL just manhandled the MSU defense, you can't help but wonder if the Jacks were running on fumes in the semi-finals.

Comment

• Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post

Watching the way the Bison OL just manhandled the MSU defense, you can't help but wonder if the Jacks were running on fumes in the semi-finals.
                Flying to Sacramento back to Brooking then to Philly and back to Brooking and then to Bozeman had to be tough. Then factor in they didn’t get a buy. Yikes.

Is that the reason they lost in Bozeman? No idea but it certainly didn’t help.

Comment

• Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post

I was thinking that too. Like davis did nothing. Its not like ndsu did anything special. Just lined up and said try to stop us. Wonder if their coaching staff saw something on tape that shut us down. I think part of it was also we were backed against awall and the players i am assuming knew 3 coaches were basically a foot out the door already. That they just ran out of gas and heart. A lot of what ifs. Basically 2 bsd plays by us totally changed the outlook of this season. No offense to msu but this seemed like the perfect storm for ndsu to get back on top. They have that mind set and it shows. Nothing like we beat ndsu again during the year and yet they win another national championship.

Im sure that national championship trophy looks good in the trophy case next to the dakota marker......
                  "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Comment

• Originally posted by goon View Post

I was thinking that too. Like davis did nothing. Its not like ndsu did anything special. Just lined up and said try to stop us. Wonder if their coaching staff saw something on tape that shut us down. I think part of it was also we were backed against awall and the players i am assuming knew 3 coaches were basically a foot out the door already. That they just ran out of gas and heart. A lot of what ifs. Basically 2 bsd plays by us totally changed the outlook of this season. No offense to msu but this seemed like the perfect storm for ndsu to get back on top. They have that mind set and it shows. Nothing like we beat ndsu again during the year and yet they win another national championship.

Im sure that national championship trophy looks good in the trophy case next to the dakota marker......
                    I would give up the marker for all of eternity for a trophy case full of national championship trophies.

Comment

• Originally posted by Carolina010 View Post

I would give up the marker for all of eternity for a trophy case full of national championship trophies.
                      Yeah, i am sure ndsu is fine with it too. But atleast we have something they dont have.

Comment

• Originally posted by goon View Post

Yeah, i am sure ndsu is fine with it too. But atleast we have something they dont have.
                        So the Marker game is our Super Bowl. Sounds like what several posters say about USD when they play us.

Comment

• Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post

So the Marker game is our Super Bowl. Sounds like what several posters say about USD when they play us.
                          I agree this should not be Jacks' sole goal, but I also object to thought that Jacks' course should be linked to NDSU's just because the two made DII to DI transition together.

Comment

• Originally posted by Carolina010 View Post

Ironically, if NDSU moves to FBS, it could happen. Does your scenario require that the Jacks and Bison must remain in same subdivision for any championships to "have meaning"?

Comment

• Personally I don’t think they will ever move up unless there are major major changes to the structure of FBS and FCS. They are too isolated. The cost of travel and other things for the non revenue sports would probably prevent a move for all sports and the Fargo metro doesn’t bring enough for football only. If it did and it was feasible financially there would’ve been a conference to come calling already.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gojacks2487 View Post
                                Watching the game I just kept thinking what would’ve the Montana state would’ve been like in brookings. Home playoff games are so important. Can’t have the let downs during the season no matter who is out.
                                Agree, so frustrating, it seems it's no big deal during the regular season, until the playoffs when you realize it's a big deal, give NDSU credit to fully understand the importance of playoff seeding, they NEVER have to play continuously on the road, that's experience and knowing what a difference it makes for your chances to see Frisco.

Winning a Nat'l Championship is like the "little locomotive that could " such a challenge chugging up that ridiculous steep incline for the Jacks, whereas each "new" Nat'l Championship the Bison experience, that same incline is nothing more than a speed bump. We can't have any bad luck it seems or it never materializes for us. My sincere hope is that one of these years, we are going to reward our outstanding recruits we've been blessed with, a natty for believing in us.
                                Last edited by jackdaniel; 01-09-2022, 06:53 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X