Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GDT: @ Montana State (NCAA FCS Playoffs - Semi-finals)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by LetsGoRabbits View Post
    AND as long as i am talking about sometimes not your day

do we realize that EVERY single break and bounce went in favor of MSU

i mean was there ONE questionable or borderline or 50/ 50 call that favored the rabbits

not saying that the officials made a bunch of terrible calls. truly it was just every close or tough call favored MSU

several spots. the spot on chris scramble. there is plenty of other conversation about the scramble and it seems by his reaction he somehow did not recognize where the stick was. but the spot was off by at least a yard

the 4th down spot leading to their FG

several other spots

the WR almost being out of bounds on the long first half TD catch and then in the 4th JJ not being able to catch the ball clean and going out instead of scoring a TD with 4 minutes left

MSU QB fumble bouncing back into his stomach as he is laying on the ground

TRULY not trying to complain about officiating or anything else but as the game was going and all that crap kept happening it was tough to not think WOW somebody really needs to do something BIG to shake things up because we are NOT going to get ANY BREAKS today

honestly, i think if we played them again next week with the same players and at thier place again. even with them having the confidence of beating us once. it is very hard to imagine they get all those bounces again. i give them all the credit and congratulations they deserve for winning the game!! they took care of business yesterday

seems a good chance we have to face them some more in the next few years. the QB is and will probably continue to be a problem. but i more than like our chances

seems like three states in the north central part of the country are probably going to be the center of the FCS world for a while. there are going to be some battles between the Dakota and montana schools
    The Jacks and 'Cats will play in Brookings in 2023 & Bozeman in 2025

Comment

• well guessing and HOPING that Mark comes back TOTALLY healthy. if so and guessing td tommy does not add national champ to his list of accomplishments (never say never, but HIGHLY doubtful!!!), then our QB next year will not only be more accomplished than tommy but also have more remaining eligibility

Comment

• I'm wondering if Davis was completely healthy. He took a beating in the Nova game. That 4th down play on our 1st drive I thought for sure was going for a TD when Davis bounced it outside. At first it looked like he had the angle on the MSU LB. It was a great play by the LB but generally Davis wins those 1 on 1 battles.

Comment

• Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
          I'm wondering if Davis was completely healthy. He took a beating in the Nova game. That 4th down play on our 1st drive I thought for sure was going for a TD when Davis bounced it outside. At first it looked like he had the angle on the MSU LB. It was a great play by the LB but generally Davis wins those 1 on 1 battles.
          No idea is Davis was 100% but Andersen surprises everyone with his closing speed, and he is a very sure tackler.

Comment

• I'll admit, I downplayed the idea of a Touchdown Tommy after his playing so few games. Not anymore. Given the number of times he has the ball in his hands, I wonder how long he can stay injury free. Best wishes to him and his MSU teammates in the title game.

Comment

• I’d agree, I think Anderson’s speed caught Davis off guard as well as Davis not being able to push forward for at least a yard. Tough to do when you’re not running downhill. I bet Isaiah wishes he had that run to do over. Not that he would’ve scored but I think he’d have squared up and punched forward for the first. All a moot point now.

Comment

• Originally posted by jakejc795 View Post

I'm interested in whether Zimmer meant "upgrade" in the sense Oladokun had more experience reading defenses, with progressions, etc.

Kraft's increased production with Oladokun is also a variable to consider, but that's complicated by Spring injury that limited reps with Gronowski
                In fairness to Zimmer, his wording was "may have been an upgrade"

Comment

• I hope that you don't think I'm saying that Chris was not a good QB. He was really good and I'm glad he came to SDSU. SDSU needed him this year. I just don't think he is an all conference player.
                  Some times, when you say someone is better than somebody else, people think you are talking bad about the "other" person. That is the way people look at things in this day and age.

I should not have brought up the Zimmer, "may have been an upgrade", but I don't see it that way. The passing game might have been a little better but SADSU had the same receivers, I was hoping for a little better passing numbers this fall season. Either that or the coaching staff can not make the players better at all.

Comment

• Originally posted by trueblue View Post

In fairness to Zimmer, his wording was "may have been an upgrade"
                    Hence me mentioning "upgrade." You may notice the post I replied to misrepresented Zimmer's statement saying that Zimmer indicated Oladokun was "better than" Gronowski

Comment

• Originally posted by Cowbell View Post
                      I'll admit, I downplayed the idea of a Touchdown Tommy after his playing so few games. Not anymore. Given the number of times he has the ball in his hands, I wonder how long he can stay injury free. Best wishes to him and his MSU teammates in the title game.
                      Agree with both points. He’s like a Johnny Manziel-Chris Streveler love child! Of course he’d end up broken in half if they tried to run him that much regularly.

Comment

• And of course Tommy Mellott gets hurt on the first series in the championship game. Sound familiar?

Comment

• Originally posted by YanktonJack7 View Post
                          And of course Tommy Mellott gets hurt on the first series in the championship game. Sound familiar?
                          SMH. You mean running a QB 30+ times a game is a bad idea?

Comment

• I actually told my wife I predict the Cats QB will get hurt and NDSU rolls

Comment

• WTF happened to the MSU defense ?

Comment

• Hopefully today’s glaring message from the championship game soaks in deep with SDSU coaches and fans considering Grinowski’s return:

Just because your QB “runs like a running back” doesn’t mean he should!

Comment

Working...
                                X