NCAA FCS Championship - Semifinals @ Montana State

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post

Jacks still have to take advantage of it - MSU will try and use it as a motivating factor. It will really test their depth as the game goes on.
    Jankes, Heins, and Kraft will be chomping at bit, given DB attrition.

Comment

• Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post

4game rule is for any player, regardless of year, that hasn’t used a redshirt year.
      that is what i thought. but i was not positive and did not want to assume. so again wonder why he could not be available today and frisco. hope he is healing well. or actually hoping he is fully healed by now. i know it takes additional time to regain former explosiveness. unless you are adrian peterson apparently))

Comment

• Originally posted by jakejc795 View Post

They're dealing with injuries now that Jacks had to deal with a couple games into season, which impacted eventual playoff seeds.

If anyone uses the excuse that Jacks didn't defeat a 'Cats team at full strength, my response would be that Jacks have nearly played double the number of games they have in 2021 (and Jacks would have won three consecutive games on road)
        well anyone can use that if they want to. and losing games when you are not full strength DEFINITELY STINKS!!! i mean i am still bothered by losing to ndsu when Gibbs went down and DEFINITELY still a bit salty about losing to shsu without Grono((((!!!!!! and do i need to even begin to list all the bball injuries..... but that is the way the breaks go in sports. you have to turn the page and move forward

the jacks have definitely taken to recruiting very quality depth to help with those situations. lets hope we do not have to test any more of our depth for the next two games!!!!

Comment

• Pierre Strong is starting.

Comment

• Originally posted by LetsGoRabbits View Post

well anyone can use that if they want to. and losing games when you are not full strength DEFINITELY STINKS!!! i mean i am still bothered by losing to ndsu when Gibbs went down and DEFINITELY still a bit salty about losing to shsu without Grono((((!!!!!! and do i need to even begin to list all the bball injuries..... but that is the way the breaks go in sports. you have to turn the page and move forward

the jacks have definitely taken to recruiting very quality depth to help with those situations. lets hope we do not have to test any more of our depth for the next two games!!!!
            I'd love to have the starters out by the 3rd qtr due to the Jacks maintaining an insurmountable lead

Comment

• Tommy Mellot is proving to be hard to contain. He seems to look better every single game.

Comment

• Caution drunk post

I was at the game today and made it home for my company Christmas party tonight.

First of all SDSU has a great team, They played with fire in their belly and didn't quit. I felt that the game was still in doubt until the last few minutes.

I thought when Ifanse was out were were in major trouble, but Tommy carried the team today and SDSU wasn't able to stop him.

Reading your game thread I see lots of complaints about the lack of holding calls, I saw the same on the other side of the ball, #3 and #44 were held all day by your OL but refs seemed to think holding was not a penalty for either side.

The turning point was the Interception by true fr. #9, at that point MSU had a 7 point lead and SDSU was driving for a score. MSU converted the interception into another 7 points. That wasn't the end but it was a momentum shift in the game. Up until that point the crowd didn't affect your team, after that interception the crowd smelled blood and it affected you team. I think our defense did a great job shutting down you run game in the second half.

It was a great game and you are great fans and opponents. I will probably cheer for the Jackrabbits any time they are not playing my Cats.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cats2506 View Post
                  Caution drunk post

I was at the game today and made it home for my company Christmas party tonight.

First of all SDSU has a great team, They played with fire in their belly and didn't quit. I felt that the game was still in doubt until the last few minutes.

I thought when Ifanse was out were were in major trouble, but Tommy carried the team today and SDSU wasn't able to stop him.

Reading your game thread I see lots of complaints about the lack of holding calls, I saw the same on the other side of the ball, #3 and #44 were held all day by your OL but refs seemed to think holding was not a penalty for either side.

The turning point was the Interception by true fr. #9, at that point MSU had a 7 point lead and SDSU was driving for a score. MSU converted the interception into another 7 points. That wasn't the end but it was a momentum shift in the game. Up until that point the crowd didn't affect your team, after that interception the crowd smelled blood and it affected you team. I think our defense did a great job shutting down you run game in the second half.

It was a great game and you are great fans and opponents. I will probably cheer for the Jackrabbits any time they are not playing my Cats.
                  Wow, wish some of our other opponents fans sober posts were this well said and thought out.

I agree, holding happened all around…the only one to me that was terribly egregious from our perspective was when #1, Lofton came on a corner blitz and Mellott scrambled around him for a 1st down. Not saying Malik makes that tackle cuz 16 is special but man.

I agree the INT was a tipping point. Chris had several throws that just weren’t quite there. Sad because after CO St I thought he threw the best ball I’ve ever seen a Jacks QB throw. He had no touch yesterday it seemed or he threw to a receiver one way and they turned the other. Also seemed like his internal clock wasn’t working. The Cats DL did a great job, and it was primarily the DL hardly ever did they send more than 4.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cats2506 View Post
                    Caution drunk post

blah blah blah

Comment

• Woke up still baffled that Oladukon did the softest play of all time and slid 3 yards short of first when he could have got a TD. The fact he even signaled first down just makes it even worse
                      "This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time." -Tyler Durden

Comment

• I really believe that play was a crucial point, even so early, in the game. He obviously thought he was well beyond the first down.
                        Sure it should be overcome later in the game, but woulda, coulda, shoulda scored in that posession and the entire tone of the game may have been different.
                        One play CAN and DOES make a difference, no matter when it happens.
                        But hey, that's football, some day the Jack's will catch a break on these type plays.

Comment

• Originally posted by witness View Post
                          Woke up still baffled that Oladukon did the softest play of all time and slid 3 yards short of first when he could have got a TD. The fact he even signaled first down just makes it even worse
                          and honestly that was a crap spot by the official…he was short but only by a yard to a yard and a half.

Comment

• The points about sliding too soon are valid, but if he doesn't slide and takes a hit that knocks him out of the game, the Jacks have to play 55 minutes with Heide or Voss playing QB. And there would be a bunch of people on here asking why the hell he didn't slide.

Comment

The points about sliding too soon are valid, but if he doesn't slide and takes a hit that knocks him out of the game, the Jacks have to play 55 minutes with Heide or Voss playing QB. And there would be a bunch of people on here asking why the hell he didn't slide.
                              Yep. 100%. The Jacks couldn’t stop Millott regardless either. They only did when they were burning clock.

Comment

The points about sliding too soon are valid, but if he doesn't slide and takes a hit that knocks him out of the game, the Jacks have to play 55 minutes with Heide or Voss playing QB. And there would be a bunch of people on here asking why the hell he didn't slide.
                                Agree; however when someone mentioned him sliding 3yds short of line to gain, that was a misrepresentation. His slide sure seemed closer than that

Comment

Working...
                                X