Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GDT: @ Sacramento State (NCAA FCS Playoffs - Round 2)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SteelSD View Post

I'm not as hip on that, but why do we not run more sets with both Davis and Strong on the field? They can both catch the ball, so put them both out there and if the opponent counters with an extra run stuffer you can always flank them out as a receiver. Likely they are going to be covered by a LB or a hybrid player, which is a Yes, please situation as well. Get your playmakers on the field! Good grief, we have time to draw up the Geico/Tom Brady play but don't have time to draw up more ways to involve both our All American RB's on the field at the same time outside the same Wildcat type play? To me our offense should consist of our 5 O-lineman, Oladokun, and a combination of Strong, Davis, Janke 1 and 2, Heins, and Kraft depending on the set you want to run/rest break. No offense to players like Bauer, but every time I see one of those guys on the field instead of Davis/Strong I'm wondering WTF we are doing. This is playoff time, put your best out there.

And I agree about the use of Oladokun more in the running game. Hell, even use him more on keepers in the read option. Imagine a situation where you have both the back in the game and he runs an option fake to one of them challenging a D-end. So many times this year I've seen the DE collapse on the runner and CO still hands off. Keep the damn ball and run to the edge. Forcing a D player to still key on the QB will only open up more holes for the running game. Yes we are risking him a bit, but we need the extra threat and protecting him only to lose the game really doesn't help us anymore.
    Yes i agree, I think they need to go back into the old playbooks. They had dual running back sets i think in a Y formation and had Konieg and maybe Minnett back there together. Probably the wrong running backs i am thinking of but that would be my preference too. Get them both on the field. one could be misdirection, one could take the carry. You could play action and roll one out to the flats...tight ends would be able to get a chance in a play like that too for the pass. you could run multiple plays out of that one set formation.
    "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

• Looks like the NCAA has made the last running play by SDSU a 15 yard penalty.

Comment

• Originally posted by NWHSUandSDSU View Post
        Looks like the NCAA has made the last running play by SDSU a 15 yard penalty.
        Say what now? did i miss something?
        "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Comment

• Violation of the spirit of the rule, just added to NCAA rules in addition to the fake slide (which is a dead ball)

Comment

Violation of the spirit of the rule, just added to NCAA rules in addition to the fake slide (which is a dead ball)
            Interesting. Anything articles about it would be appreciated. Sort of crazy since thats a play that people have been doing for a long time. Which i find gimicky. why not just run it and its not like its going to fool anyone. The trick ball one where the center stands up and has the QB the ball like its the wrong ball or soemthing, I think i have seen some high schools run it. seems a little more like that would be illegal to me.

Also isnt the spirit of the rule to win? What about the play against ndsu the snap between the legs to the RB?

Comment

• Originally posted by goon View Post

Interesting. Anything articles about it would be appreciated. Sort of crazy since thats a play that people have been doing for a long time. Which i find gimicky. why not just run it and its not like its going to fool anyone. The trick ball one where the center stands up and has the QB the ball like its the wrong ball or soemthing, I think i have seen some high schools run it. seems a little more like that would be illegal to me.

Also isnt the spirit of the rule to win? What about the play against ndsu the snap between the legs to the RB?
              Best I can give is Chris’s Twitter account.

https://twitter.com/1chrisoladokun0/...958189065?s=21

Comment

Violation of the spirit of the rule, just added to NCAA rules in addition to the fake slide (which is a dead ball)
                Any chance that interpretation is waived due to incorrect "wave" reference?

Comment

Working...
                X