Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GDT: @ Sacramento State (NCAA FCS Playoffs - Round 2)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rabbitfarmer View Post
    Will someone smarter than me tell me how we got to that 4th and 1? It clearly looked like we got the yardage needed on 3rd down. Are these only booth reviewed?
    Zimmer tweeted that one official had the Jacks converting, while official on opposite side spotted them short. That alone should prompt a review.

I'm still trying to figure out when coaches lost their ability to challenge

Comment

Originally posted by jakejc795 View Post

I'm not disagreeing he's a great OL coach, but performing both roles effectively, especially when teams are blitzing is a fool's errand. Did you see OL shifts and adaptation to counter their blitzes that I didn't?
      Oh there were no mid game adjustments I agree. I’m just saying that maybe he should be coaching Oline solely instead a calling plays.

Comment

Originally posted by Jackedforlife View Post

Oh there were no mid game adjustments I agree. I’m just saying that maybe he should be coaching Oline solely instead a calling plays.
        I'd have to think he'd go elsewhere if that were the choice, unless Jacks opt to pay him the OC rate as OL coach.

What confused me was the manner in which they used Morgan -- rather than having him in blitz pick up, they rolled him out and attempted to pass to him multiple times. Did Kraft or Heins get hurt at some point late in game?

Comment

Originally posted by YanktonJack7 View Post
          Jacks play Villanova 1pm Saturday on ESPN+.

Thank goodness it's not on Friday.
          Rain is forecast, so may some Wildcat fumbles be appetizers before any Philly cheesesteaks are consumed

Comment

It's Sunday morning and the plane carrying the football team is nearing the Sioux Falls airport. The coaches will assemble later today and "grade out" the film. It's too bad someone - a trusted independent voice - isn't there to "grade out" the coaches. Second half play calling was absolute crap. Our first half explosive offense was replaced in the second half by a "prevent" offense.

Comment

In addition to the play calling not resulting in points, the short possessions result in our defense getting worn down. They made a couple of big 4th down plays, but two minutes later they would have to go back out on the field. Just the opposite should be happening - our o line should be pounding the ball and wearing down their defense.

Comment

My dog’s left nut could have made better calls last night. Even if we run and it’s getting stuffed, we run out a lot more clock. We had 5 second half drives last night with 21 plays. 11 were runs. Most of those were on the last two drives. If we have 6 more runs last night, earlier in the game 1) We probably convert more because our run game was working, and 2) at a minimum, we burn 3 minutes of clock, and the last sac state touchdown doesn’t happen. I’m guessing we would have sustained more drives in the third quarter if we committed to the run, so we likely would have burned close to 6 minutes. If both the pass and the run aren’t working because of sac state’s d, it’s still inexcusable to have a two score lean and not run it anyway. If you can’t move the ball, burn the clock. Taking a knee would have been a more productive play call than some of those deep fades last night on first and 10.

Edit: I’ve decided that I think Eck calls games with the hope of getting a kill shot on opposing teams. He won’t commit to grinding out the clock because he might be able to bait them on a play action and dagger them over the top. Which is weird, because he’s an online guy. But between his relentless trick plays and what we saw last night, that’s got to be it. He wants to home run teams “when they’re least expecting it” to seal a victory, and not do the obvious thing that our talent lets us win 90% of the time

Comment

Comment of the night was from the Bison fan who said that next week the Jacks are going to run the stroller play from the Geico ad.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
                    Comment of the night was from the Bison fan who said that next week the Jacks are going to run the stroller play from the Geico ad.
                    Well, the left nut-inspired virility should result in plenty of babies for the strollers

Comment

• Somehow I completely missed Shafer's injury. Any word on his condition?

Comment

• Originally posted by jakejc795 View Post
                        Somehow I completely missed Shafer's injury. Any word on his condition?
                        Ended up not needing the stretcher…looked like a hip injury.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jackedforlife View Post

Ended up not needing the stretcher…looked like a hip injury.
                          Thank you.

Did it seem as severe as Wallace's a few years ago?

Comment

• Am I crazy, but on 4th and 1 with the season on the line you decide the Tom Brady/Geico ad play is better than putting in our two all American RBs and just saying “stop us?!”

Comment

• It didn’t look to be as serious for Schafer, thankfully.

Regarding the last play…how is it not 3 TEs with an extra OL and PS2 and Davis in the backfield. Don’t even need Oladokun in there, fooling no one in that instance that we’re going to pass.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jackedforlife View Post
                                It didn’t look to be as serious for Schafer, thankfully.

Regarding the last play…how is it not 3 TEs with an extra OL and PS2 and Davis in the backfield. Don’t even need Oladokun in there, fooling no one in that instance that we’re going to pass.
                                Great news re. Shafer.

If the game vs. Holy Cross was any indication, the Jacks should have ample running options, so hopefully no one tries to outsmart himself.

Comment

Working...
                                X