Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GDT: @ Sacramento State (NCAA FCS Playoffs - Round 2)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I’m grateful our players are good enough to overcome terrible coaching. That felt like it was going to be a repeat of USD, SIU, etc. Time to regroup for Villanova and use the gameplan that worked in the first half tonight. That first half level of play is good enough to get us back to Frisco.

Comment

Originally posted by SteelSD View Post
      Sucks watching a good team being torpedoed week in and out by the coaching staff. Embarrassing
      I have lowered my expectations. You nailed it!

Comment

Jacks play Villanova 1pm Saturday on ESPN+.

Thank goodness it's not on Friday.

Comment

I’m not sure I’ve ever been angrier after a win. We have a 24 point lead and the chance to potentially rest our starters before a long trip to the east coast, which would have been huge, and instead we decide to run the same pass play on first down multiple times the second half. We have the best running backs in the FCs and maybe the best o line, and we just have to outsmart ourselves and try to stretch the field. I’m beginning to think this spring was more of an anomaly for this coaching staff than any real expectation we can have going forward. Either Eck figures it out, or Stig needs to find an OC that will call plays based on the strengths and talent of this team. That was just so bad and unnecessary. What a crap perfomance by the coaches.

Comment

Originally posted by YanktonJack7 View Post
            Sac State gets away with a blatant hold. And now a targeting call on the Jacks.
            Terveer, Krolikowski, Tolu, and Winkelman were getting held on several plays.

Glad Jacks prevailed, and Jacks should be able to run on 'Nova defense

Comment

Originally posted by Mr_Tibbs View Post
              I’m not sure I’ve ever been angrier after a win. We have a 24 point lead and the chance to potentially rest our starters before a long trip to the east coast, which would have been huge, and instead we decide to run the same pass play on first down multiple times the second half. We have the best running backs in the FCs and maybe the best o line, and we just have to outsmart ourselves and try to stretch the field. I’m beginning to think this spring was more of an anomaly for this coaching staff than any real expectation we can have going forward. Either Eck figures it out, or Stig needs to find an OC that will call plays based on the strengths and talent of this team. That was just so bad and unnecessary. What a crap perfomance by the coaches.
              I would hope that, at a minimum, Eck is forced to relinquish OL coaching, assuming he remains OC.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr_Tibbs View Post
                This sums it up for me.
                In the second half, you either need to score once or hold them twice and run the clock and you win the game.,
                Instead, let's not run the ball and the clock, lets go against our strengths and try to outsmart ourselves.

This isn't the first game we've had a lead and just said let's not play football and just hold on for the win. One of these times, not playing the whole game might bite you in the behind.

Comment

play may have gone a bit differently if #7 (guy furthest off the line at the bottom of the screen) didn't bite - he was half-standing with his head turned and a half second late to the hole as a result

Comment

Originally posted by peavy View Post
                    play may have gone a bit differently if #7 (guy furthest off the line at the bottom of the screen) didn't bite - he was half-standing with his head turned and a half second late to the hole as a result
                    To be fair that 3rd down spot was atrocious. I have no clue how that’s not reviewed. That ball was spotted at least a yard short.

I also can’t believe that targeting call was overturned. We’ve had way worse confirmed this year.

Comment

The targetting looked worse then it was. Stal was going low and clearly eith shoulder snd didnt launch. Just the qb was going down as stal was leaning in.

Also i felt like i saw a lot of holding on their oline that didnt get called. Felt like when we blitz it worked pretty well but seemed to pick the wrong times to blitz. Who ever in the coaching staff said lets go prevent D and milk the clock offense should have been fired if we lost. They. Couldnt stop our power run so not sure why we went away from it so much in 2nd half. They didnt bite on play action. Felt like coaches forgot to use the tight ends again....

We looked so good in the first half and like hot garbage in the 2nd and it looked more like what we did and not so much what sac st did to adjust.

I guess i will take the win. Last time we played nova was closer then i was expecting so hope the team is fired up for a very winable game.
                      "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

When the coaches get together for their next meeting to game plan, i hope they discuss how they might want to get more then 68 yards in a half......not a drive.....or a quarter.....a half.
                        "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Will someone smarter than me tell me how we got to that 4th and 1? It clearly looked like we got the yardage needed on 3rd down. Are these only booth reviewed?
                          It's just an old Army trick I learned in the Navy.

Comment

Originally posted by jakejc795 View Post

I would hope that, at a minimum, Eck is forced to relinquish OL coaching, assuming he remains OC.
                            I would say the very opposite, his OL coaching skills are his greatest attribute. I’d say there should be a laminated card for those situations like last night when the run is so effective. Like the old Nintendo game Tecmo Bowl…4 runs available. Pull that card out and those are the choices, at least until they stick 11 guys in the box.

Comment

Originally posted by Jackedforlife View Post

I would say the very opposite, his OL coaching skills are his greatest attribute. I’d say there should be a laminated card for those situations like last night when the run is so effective. Like the old Nintendo game Tecmo Bowl…4 runs available. Pull that card out and those are the choices, at least until they stick 11 guys in the box.
                              I'm not disagreeing he's a great OL coach, but performing both roles effectively, especially when teams are blitzing is a fool's errand. Did you see OL shifts and adaptation to counter their blitzes that I didn't?

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post

To be fair that 3rd down spot was atrocious. I have no clue how that’s not reviewed. That ball was spotted at least a yard short.

I also can’t believe that targeting call was overturned. We’ve had way worse confirmed this year.
                                I can't fathom the lack of a review either. Did coaches lose the ability to challenge?

I'd be willing to bet that, if Stalbird had made contact using his helmet, rather than shoulderpads, the call would've been affirmed

Comment

Working...
                                X