Moving on...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by goon View Post
    Im sorry but I am cheering for NDSU. I would rather they win it then anyone else if we can't. I at least respect the players and coaches at NDSU and what they have built and accomplished. We go into the playoffs with a win, USD goes into with a loss......

Try to change my mind.....
    I wish I could formulate an argument to change your mind, but I'm essentially in the same boat. The damn 'Yotes have me contemplating rooting for the Bison (or at least not actively rooting against them)

Comment

Originally posted by YanktonJack7 View Post

Jacks vs. Missouri State in Brookings (would they outbid us?) and SIU-USD with winner to Fargo? USD didn’t play SIU
      Their attendance hasn't been the greatest, but, unfortunately, they could probably be confident in exceeding Jacks' prospective attendance for a Thanksgiving weekend game

Comment

Originally posted by jakejc795 View Post

I wish I could formulate an argument to change your mind, but I'm essentially in the same boat. The damn 'Yotes have me contemplating rooting for the Bison (or at least not actively rooting against them)
        Root for the freak meteor direct hit on the Fargodome?
        "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Defense must be in the doghouse - didn't name a defensive player of the week.

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post

Root for the freak meteor direct hit on the Fargodome?
            Freak Meteor sounds like the perfect title for a Rick James album. What did the five fingers say to the Thundar? Slap

Comment

Originally posted by ringthebells View Post
              Is the UND game a must win to get into the playoffs? Will Davis play? If we host a playoff game over Thanksgiving, can we get more than 5000 fans?
              Ticket office is certainly trying to boost attendance on Sat. Got an email from them offering four free complimentary tickets.

Comment

Originally posted by jakejc795 View Post

Ticket office is certainly trying to boost attendance on Sat. Got an email from them offering four free complimentary tickets.
                If anyone needs free tickets for UND football, I see the same email.
                Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
                  Defense must be in the doghouse - didn't name a defensive player of the week.
                  Stig didn’t seem happy with the defense. Mentioned the poor tackling a couple times during the coaches show tonight. Also mentioned they didn’t think Camp could throw it deep enough to get to the end zone, which was actually correct, but that’s why Kraft wasn’t out there. Said they should’ve sacked Camp instead.

Also said the play call where Oladokun would run around and burn clock didn’t make sense as the math didn’t work according to their play card? But handoffs to Strong did? Makes no sense.

Also said they WERE going to punt until USD showed they were gonna rush 11 guys and then Stig changed his mind.

Comment

Stig didn’t seem happy with the defense. Mentioned the poor tackling a couple times during the coaches show tonight. Also mentioned they didn’t think Camp could throw it deep enough to get to the end zone, which was actually correct, but that’s why Kraft wasn’t out there. Said they should’ve sacked Camp instead.

Also said the play call where Oladokun would run around and burn clock didn’t make sense as the math didn’t work according to their play card? But handoffs to Strong did? Makes no sense.

Also said they WERE going to punt until USD showed they were gonna rush 11 guys and then Stig changed his mind.
                    So glad they were right that Camp couldn’t throw it that far and kept Kraft and Heins off the field.

There is a play designed to run 8-9 seconds off the clock, they practice it….why is there not a play designed to guarantee 1-2 yards practiced? With maybe Kraft or Tolu. Under center, get another big body behind them to get the push from behind. Or set up for punt, have a FAST gunner wide. If he’s covered then send him in motion back towards the punter getting him speed. Let him run to the end zone…run around like a crazy man to expire time.

or like it’s been said, run Pierre to the outside for 3 plays.

Poor tackling, yes…but essentially that defense held them to 17 points. I don’t think the D played lights out but they certainly weren’t the biggest issues last Saturday.

these are a few of my uneducated Football thoughts.

Comment

Originally posted by Jackedforlife View Post

So glad they were right that Camp couldn’t throw it that far and kept Kraft and Heins off the field.

There is a play designed to run 8-9 seconds off the clock, they practice it….why is there not a play designed to guarantee 1-2 yards practiced? With maybe Kraft or Tolu. Under center, get another big body behind them to get the push from behind. Or set up for punt, have a FAST gunner wide. If he’s covered then send him in motion back towards the punter getting him speed. Let him run to the end zone…run around like a crazy man to expire time.

Poor tackling, yes…but essentially that defense held them to 17 points. I don’t think the D played lights out but they certainly weren’t the biggest issues last Saturday.

How about motion Kraft under center and do a hard count. I bet a lot of money they'd have jumped.

Comment

Originally posted by Jackedforlife View Post

Should have said they were *technically* correct that Camp couldn’t throw it to the end zone. It was close enough and I think Stig realizes they called the wrong play there not getting Kraft in the game.

Just unreal that coaches on the offense and defense made terrible decisions in the last 2 minutes.

Comment

Should have said they were *technically* correct that Camp couldn’t throw it to the end zone. It was close enough and I think Stig realizes they called the wrong play there not getting Kraft in the game.

Just unreal that coaches on the offense and defense made terrible decisions in the last 2 minutes.
                          What they did was fine under 2 minutes, the last 8 seconds is the issue. they had basically 2 minutes to prepare for 5 different senarios. They should have had those plays in the books, they picked what i felt was probably the worst choice to go with. But they get paid to make those decisions. Plus you put in your best prevent defense for a hail mary and that includes crazy athletic big tight ends. Its a no brainer imho.

I will admit Tolu probably didn't hustle as much as he could have. with his motor he probably could have had a sack.
                          "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post

What they did was fine under 2 minutes, the last 8 seconds is the issue. they had basically 2 minutes to prepare for 5 different senarios. They should have had those plays in the books, they picked what i felt was probably the worst choice to go with. But they get paid to make those decisions. Plus you put in your best prevent defense for a hail mary and that includes crazy athletic big tight ends. Its a no brainer imho.

I will admit Tolu probably didn't hustle as much as he could have. with his motor he probably could have had a sack.
                            A Hail Mary is not the only Offensive Play option in that situation, though. Especially when you don’t think the QB can throw it that far.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by HoboJack View Post

A Hail Mary is not the only Offensive Play option in that situation, though. Especially when you don’t think the QB can throw it that far.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                              sure hook and ladder, but thats hard to execute the whole field too. If you dont think he can throw it that far, why are you only rushing 3? Get some pressure on him to scramble and its a lot harder. the pressure made him slip out to the side but not enough to interfere with the long pass. you put your 4 best pass rush after him and I think it affects his ability to throw deep for sure.
                              Last edited by goon; 11-16-2021, 03:54 PM.
                              "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

I hope the team is doing a better job of moving on than some of you are. I got the same email about the 4 tickets. I printed mine off and am doing my best to find 4 people to go to the game. This is a great opportunity to make new Jack fans. We will need all of them to go FBS...
                                One hand points to campus...the other to the liquor store.

Comment

Working...
                                X