Moving on...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moving on...

Is the UND game a must win to get into the playoffs? Will Davis play? If we host a playoff game over Thanksgiving, can we get more than 5000 fans?
    One hand points to campus...the other to the liquor store.

I hope the players can move on from the ndsu win.

the spring season was the outlier. We are playing typical sdsu football. Lose gsmes we shouldnt but also grt a marquee win. Insure hope the players amd coaches take last play to heart. We are litterally 2 plays away from hsving 2 more wins. A bad call and execution against siu, and failure to end the usd game. 2 seconds of game play er have 2 losses. I dont think the coaches or players really beleive innthe last play mantra. I was hoping they would come out this season with something to prove after a heartbreaking end of the championship game. But i just dont see it.
    "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Must win, I think so, 4 losses with only 6 D1 wins. Our pedigree may get us in but it’s must win if not for the fact that we do not want to back into the playoffs.

Davis, hard to say. Honestly we need to win without him and we can win without him. At this point I’m ok if he’s extra healthy in case we make the playoffs.

5k+ on thanksgiving? Doubtful if we lose this week. Maybe if it’s 40 degrees + and sunshine.

Comment

It’s a must win. Jacks could possibly be a #8 seed if they do win. Davis will likely play but I thought that against USD too. And do we even want to host any playoff games? Does the team play better on the road anyway? Disregarding the miraculous play.

Comment

The Jacks are home on Saturday for the regular season finale. They look to honor the military, the HOF inductees, and the seniors. AND they need a win to make the playoffs. Here's the report on UND. #GoJacks

https://jackrabbitillustrated.com/20...th-dakota.html
          Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

I think we hammer UND to get into the playoffs and then it is anybody's game. This team is good enough to go on a run at anytime. They are also capable of turning the ball over 14 times and losing a winnable game. If we win this weekend, we will probably host on Thanksgiving. I hope for a slappy team from down south that is a bit uncomfortable in chilly weather and missing their family over the weekend. Eventually we will go through Fargo. I look forward to it.

Comment

Let's not forget that UND beat us rather handily up in Grand Forks, back in February. I shake my head looking at the recap, after they mention our fast start, and 2nd half meltdown. Some things never change. It seems like the Fighting Hawks are a much better team at home in the Alerus Center, than they are on the road. I can't say folks will be as hyped up about this game, as the Dakota Marker, but then again, it's do or die time. If USD somehow pulls it off in Fargo, there's nothing I'd like better, than a playoff rematch with the Yotes. Maybe then we will see something like Pierre firing up the hogs on the sideline, instead of everyone walking around looking flat as a pancake. Still don't know what to expect from this team, week to week. Looks like good football weather on Saturday. Just win, baby.
              "Cheer the team from South Dakota with loyal hearts so true!"

Comment

Originally posted by ringthebells View Post
                I think we hammer UND to get into the playoffs and then it is anybody's game. This team is good enough to go on a run at anytime. They are also capable of turning the ball over 14 times and losing a winnable game. If we win this weekend, we will probably host on Thanksgiving. I hope for a slappy team from down south that is a bit uncomfortable in chilly weather and missing their family over the weekend. Eventually we will go through Fargo. I look forward to it.
                I'd be curious if the committee would match the Jacks up with Missouri State

Comment

Originally posted by jakejc795 View Post

I'd be curious if the committee would match the Jacks up with Missouri State
                  I think that is a definite possibility since we didn't play them in the regular conference season. Which would make sending SIU to Fargo also a possibility.

Comment

I hadn't thought about Missouri St. I think I would rather play NDSU then Missouri State.

Comment

Im sorry but I am cheering for NDSU. I would rather they win it then anyone else if we can't. I at least respect the players and coaches at NDSU and what they have built and accomplished. We go into the playoffs with a win, USD goes into with a loss......

Try to change my mind.....
                      "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post

I think that is a definite possibility since we didn't play them in the regular conference season. Which would make sending SIU to Fargo also a possibility.
                        Jacks vs. Missouri State in Brookings (would they outbid us?) and SIU-USD with winner to Fargo? USD didn’t play SIU

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                          Im sorry but I am cheering for NDSU. I would rather they win it then anyone else if we can't. I at least respect the players and coaches at NDSU and what they have built and accomplished. We go into the playoffs with a win, USD goes into with a loss......

Try to change my mind.....
                          Nope. 100% a Bison fan this week only.

Comment

Originally posted by YanktonJack7 View Post

Jacks vs. Missouri State in Brookings (would they outbid us?) and SIU-USD with winner to Fargo? USD didn’t play SIU
                            Missouri State has a good chance of being the second seed from the Valley. The Jacks would likely host a team on Thanksgiving weekend, with the winner going to Springfield.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post

Missouri State has a good chance of being the second seed from the Valley. The Jacks would likely host a team on Thanksgiving weekend, with the winner going to Springfield.
                              If the Jacks win and are 7-3 (D1 only) with FBS and NDSU win, is that better than Missouri State’s resume?

Comment

Working...
                              X