No announcement yet.

Moving on...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Saturday is Senior Day. Show up and honor these young men who have elevated the program.
    Defense Position Offense Position St Position
    Don Gardner CB Wes Genant OL Brady Sorenson LS
    Tolu Ogunrinde DE Eagan Lickiss OL Cole Frahm K
    Thomas Stacker DT Eddie Miller OL
    Xavier Ward DT Jon Gruetzmacher OL
    Krockett Krolikowski DT Aron Johnson OL
    Logan Backhaus LB Jason Titus OL
    Michael Griffin II S Pierre Strong RB
    Josh Manchigiah S Skyler Cavanaugh TE
    Caleb Schauf TE
    Mason Leighton WR
    Chris Oladokun QB
    Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

Originally posted by Jackedforlife View Post

There is a play designed to run 8-9 seconds off the clock, they practice it….why is there not a play designed to guarantee 1-2 yards practiced? With maybe Kraft or Tolu. Under center, get another big body behind them to get the push from behind. Or set up for punt, have a FAST gunner wide. If he’s covered then send him in motion back towards the punter getting him speed. Let him run to the end zone…run around like a crazy man to expire time.
      While I agree with the play that was called, and it was a 1 in a million chance it didn't work. I believe the ball was at the 44, there's 66 yards behind you to run around in for 8 seconds...

Comment

Originally posted by WestSideRabbit View Post
        Saturday is Senior Day. Show up and honor these young men who have elevated the program.
        Defense Position Offense Position St Position
        Don Gardner CB Wes Genant OL Brady Sorenson LS
        Tolu Ogunrinde DE Eagan Lickiss OL Cole Frahm K
        Thomas Stacker DT Eddie Miller OL
        Xavier Ward DT Jon Gruetzmacher OL
        Krockett Krolikowski DT Aron Johnson OL
        Logan Backhaus LB Jason Titus OL
        Michael Griffin II S Pierre Strong RB
        Josh Manchigiah S Skyler Cavanaugh TE
        Caleb Schauf TE
        Mason Leighton WR
        Chris Oladokun QB
        I know some of these guys have another year of eligibility if they want it. Do you know how many could or are coming back next season?

Comment

Originally posted by YanktonJack7 View Post

I know some of these guys have another year of eligibility if they want it. Do you know how many could or are coming back next season?
          This is from the team. The guys not coming back are not on the list. Ben Dinkel, Malik Lofton, Caleb Sanders, and Reece Winkelman. Possibly Landon Wolf if he's granted a medical RS.

Comment

So of the seniors/players moving on:
            Backhaus, Gardner, Stacker, Ogunrinde, Genant, Sorenson and Manchigiah were all in the 2016 signing class. Cavanaugh, Lickiss, Ward, Miller, Strong, Jr., Johnson, Titus, Krolikowski, Gruetzmacher, Schauf were all 2017 signing class. Griffin (2018), Frahm (2019), Leighton (2019) and Oladokun (2021) were all transfers in.

I believe the players still having a year of eligibility remaining are: Strong, Jr., Johnson, Krolikowski, Frahm, Titus, Gruetzmacher, Schauf, and Leighton. Sorenson and Manchigiah have also redshirted multiple years I believe, so not sure if they technically still have a year remaining. Pierre and Aron Johnson have a chance to play at the next level. Some of the other players might just be at a point to move on with careers or they have been hampered by injury.

Class of 2017 players that will remain for next year: Malik Lofton, Reece Winkelman and Ben Dinkel. Also a senior will be Caleb Sanders from class of 2018. Very small graduating class. I wonder if this opens us up more to looking at grad transfers to even the classes out.

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post

How about motion Kraft under center and do a hard count. I bet a lot of money they'd have jumped.
              This would have been a good one to use at that time.

Comment

I listened to the Stig Show on Monday night.

I recall him also saying if the Oladokun pass hadn't gone into the stands and landed on the field of play that last second would have run off the clock. I happened to have an angle that allowed me to see the ball hit spectators hands and the play clock was in the background and, as much as I hate to admit it, I believe the ball hit out of bounds before the clock was at :00.

Just a tough pill to swallow.

Comment

The playoffs start tomorrow for @GoJacksFB. Here is what the Jackrabbit Illustrated team is keeping an eye on this week vs. UND. #GoJacks

https://jackrabbitillustrated.com/20...tch-und-2.html

Comment

I really hope we can right the ship this week. Play some hard nose po'd defense like we know we can. Run the rock. and go into the playoffs with some momentum. I highly doubt we get a bye in the first round but I bet we get a home game since our attendance has been great so far. I hoping we can get at least 10k to the game. These games at he end of the season after a big loss. Also deer rifle opener so there may some buck fever as well.
                    Go Big Go Blue ..... Go Jacks

Comment

Unfortunately, previous attendance doesnt directly factor in to playoff bids (unless the admin takes it into account when calculating their bid). I believe its regional, then bid. Someone like Montana or Montana State might easily outbid SDSU?

Comment

Originally posted by tbcruiser View Post
                        Unfortunately, previous attendance doesnt directly factor in to playoff bids (unless the admin takes it into account when calculating their bid). I believe its regional, then bid. Someone like Montana or Montana State might easily outbid SDSU?
                        Montana State will be a seed, so we wont see them in the opening round. Montana is probably the only at-large team that should outbid us. But who knows what the administration submits for these games, especially when we were expecting a seed where bid is irrelevant. I would still expect us to have a decent bid, and that might be enough to keep us from going to Montana is the opening round. I'm sure the NCAA would rather have us both playing a home game to help with the payoff coffers.

Comment

Originally posted by LARabbit View Post

Montana State will be a seed, so we wont see them in the opening round. Montana is probably the only at-large team that should outbid us. But who knows what the administration submits for these games, especially when we were expecting a seed where bid is irrelevant. I would still expect us to have a decent bid, and that might be enough to keep us from going to Montana is the opening round. I'm sure the NCAA would rather have us both playing a home game to help with the payoff coffers.
                          If Montana wins tomorrow, both Montana schools would likely be seeded. If Montana loses and isn't seeded, having them play the Jacks in the first round would have two of the best non-seeded teams playing right away, which hopefully the committee wouldn't do. I think Montana and the Jacks both host in the first round, and then the Jacks get sent to Montana State, and Montana gets sent to Fargo.

Comment

Originally posted by LARabbit View Post
                            So of the seniors/players moving on:
                            Backhaus, Gardner, Stacker, Ogunrinde, Genant, Sorenson and Manchigiah were all in the 2016 signing class. Cavanaugh, Lickiss, Ward, Miller, Strong, Jr., Johnson, Titus, Krolikowski, Gruetzmacher, Schauf were all 2017 signing class. Griffin (2018), Frahm (2019), Leighton (2019) and Oladokun (2021) were all transfers in.

I believe the players still having a year of eligibility remaining are: Strong, Jr., Johnson, Krolikowski, Frahm, Titus, Gruetzmacher, Schauf, and Leighton. Sorenson and Manchigiah have also redshirted multiple years I believe, so not sure if they technically still have a year remaining. Pierre and Aron Johnson have a chance to play at the next level. Some of the other players might just be at a point to move on with careers or they have been hampered by injury.

Class of 2017 players that will remain for next year: Malik Lofton, Reece Winkelman and Ben Dinkel. Also a senior will be Caleb Sanders from class of 2018. Very small graduating class. I wonder if this opens us up more to looking at grad transfers to even the classes out.

Best of luck to him. I wonder where he'll end up.

Comment

Originally posted by peavy View Post

Best of luck to him. I wonder where he'll end up.
                              Was he hurt most of the year or what. Could have used his past production this year for sure.
                              "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post

Was he hurt most of the year or what. Could have used his past production this year for sure.
                                Not that I recall, just passed up on depth chart.

Comment

Working...
                                X