No announcement yet.

GDT: @ South Dakota

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you don't want to punt, why not GO FOR IT AND RUN THE BALL INSTEAD? It's 4th and 1 ..... get 1 yard and the game is over. How many TFLs did the Coyotes have? None.

Comment

Originally posted by YanktonJack7 View Post
      If you don't want to punt, why not GO FOR IT AND RUN THE BALL INSTEAD? It's 4th and 1 ..... get 1 yard and the game is over. How many TFLs did the Coyotes have? None.
      Just when you think you can't be amazed by this staff, the totally take it to another level.
      -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

I just really can’t believe the coaching staff screwed that up that badly. Does anyone feel like we’ve reached our max stature with this coach? I mean things could be a hell of a lot worse, and are worse for a lot of teams, but I don’t think this program will ever go further.

Comment

Or why not run backward through your own endzone then??? Did everything possible to lose the game and the football gods delivered for USD.

Comment

If you get stuffed like USD did, they still get a shot at the Hail Mary. If you didn't want to punt, direct snap it to Strong and let him run it out of the end zone and give up a safety. Once in the end zone he could run around and likely burn the 7 seconds. If there is a second or two left, kick it off from the 20.

Comment

Looks like we broke the board.

Here are the scenarios at the end IMO

Have Oladokun run back and throw it away, which is what we did, Stig claims in practice that wastes 8-9 seconds. This is risky as there were 8 seconds left as we all know. Gives them a chance at a real Hail Mary.

Do max protection and punt the ball through the end zone. USD takes ball at the 20. Successful Hail Mary is very unlikely.

Have Strong run backwards through the back of the end zone. Would’ve been weird but would have likely won the game.

Have Oladokun run back and then pooch punt. Let ball roll around and clock likely runs out

GO FOR IT ON 4th DOWN AND 1. USD had no Sacks or TFLs all damn day.

Just unbelievable incompetence and execution from the coaches and players. Why not put Kraft or Heinz at the goal line and swat it down? This team has to be cursed. Still speechless

Comment

Originally posted by SoDakJack View Post

Just when you think you can't be amazed by this staff, the totally take it to another level.
                And then doubles down on the decision after the game even though it was clearly the worst option of any.

Nobody should be surprised though. This is nothing new.
                Grumbling along and embracing my role. If I didn't care, I wouldn't care. Go Jacks!

Comment

Penalties really starting to hurt the Jacks again. They are the most penalized team in the MVFC.
                  They may lead the conference in opponents' drive-sustaining penalties, but the Sycamores and 'Necks are the leaders.

Comment

Originally posted by Hareofthedog View Post
                    Stig has that deer in the headlights look today (again) and the team reflects it. What the hell was Stig doing at the end of the half with timeouts and clock mgmt.

The QB has no chance at the next level. QB is afraid to run and is slow enough that just about everyone on defense can catch him. The passing game is not goo, behind and high often.
                    An alternative explanation is that he's advised to maximize time in the pocket to allow PSJ and TEs to get open on intermediate routes.

Comment

AAAAAANNNNNNNDDDDD just to make this weekend's debacle complete, the hosting provider for sdsufans.com made some kind of mistake and rendered the site unavailable for a while.

I'm officially DONE with this week. A new week starts TOMORROW. Go Jacks in Texas tomorrow! Jack up those Lumberjacks!

I'm gonna sit back and have a Manhattan or three and call it all good.
                      "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
                        Both targeting calls on SDSU have been ***really*** marginal.
                        I'd prefer to have a separate penalty for helmet-to-helmet hits like Backhaus' -- it doesn't change the fact that his hit was the result of Camp lowering his head, but it would at least establish a distinction between a more malicious hit that could still draw a targeting flag. Either that or have a targeting hierarchy where the more malicious hit with the crown of the helmet results in ejection while incidental helmet-to-helmet hits result in having to leave for a play/series

Comment

Looks like we broke the board.

Here are the scenarios at the end IMO

Have Oladokun run back and throw it away, which is what we did, Stig claims in practice that wastes 8-9 seconds. This is risky as there were 8 seconds left as we all know. Gives them a chance at a real Hail Mary.

Do max protection and punt the ball through the end zone. USD takes ball at the 20. Successful Hail Mary is very unlikely.

Have Strong run backwards through the back of the end zone. Would’ve been weird but would have likely won the game.

Have Oladokun run back and then pooch punt. Let ball roll around and clock likely runs out

GO FOR IT ON 4th DOWN AND 1. USD had no Sacks or TFLs all damn day.

Just unbelievable incompetence and execution from the coaches and players. Why not put Kraft or Heinz at the goal line and swat it down? This team has to be cursed. Still speechless
                          I can understand a reluctance to go for it given the Jacks' fumbling issues.

Comment

Or why not run backward through your own endzone then??? Did everything possible to lose the game and the football gods delivered for USD.
                            Pretty sure the "delivery" was demonic in their case

Comment

Originally posted by SoDak View Post
                              I just really can’t believe the coaching staff screwed that up that badly. Does anyone feel like we’ve reached our max stature with this coach? I mean things could be a hell of a lot worse, and are worse for a lot of teams, but I don’t think this program will ever go further.
                              We're six months removed from playing for a national championship under this regime.

Having said that, I would potentially be in favor of shifting Bergstrom from co-DC back to secondary (safeties AND CBs), because the pass defense has been suspect in multiple games, including this one

Comment

The Jacks had this same situation against Streveler and USD in 2017. Christion ran way back and lost about 30 yards and ran the clock out. Could Oladokun have done it and run the clock out? Could Rudy Voss?

This team should be 9-1 but now have to win just to play Thanksgiving weekend. Yuck

Comment

Working...
                                X