Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by EngJack View Post
    who has seen him play?
    i think this is exciting. would be great to have another all time SD high school great be another Jackrabbit great!!!

i see he has very good size. is he a good runner too or is he just bigger than the 9B guys. i am guessing he has at least some ability. you do not put up those numbers on size alone and obviously i trust our coaches

i am very aware of the former record holder! Luke was a total stud and a very talented gifted running back / football player / athlete!! unfortunately he was just way too small for the jacks to even give him any serious consideration. so i am hoping this kid has Luke's running and football ability but with excellent size!! if luke loudenberg had had this kids size i believe he would have been another Ranek / Zenner

and yes i know Ranek was not that big. he was just so freaking good it did not matter. we have been blessed to watch so many AMAZING players!! but still nobody i have had more fun watching than Josh Ranek. i told him the day he finished that he kind of ruined football for me because it was highly unlikely i was ever gonna enjoy watching anyone as much as i enjoyed watching him but i hoped Coach Stig and staff would prove me wrong!!

they have come very close but nobody has equaled him yet! honestly if we could have a healthy ID, i think he is at least close to that level

Comment

he recruiting class for @GoJacksFB is really starting to take shape. Because the early signing period is about a month away, it seemed like a good time to start the commit tracker. #GoJacks

https://jackrabbitillustrated.com/2022/11/2023-recruiting-tracker.html
      Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

Originally posted by LetsGoRabbits View Post

who has seen him play?
        i think this is exciting. would be great to have another all time SD high school great be another Jackrabbit great!!!

i see he has very good size. is he a good runner too or is he just bigger than the 9B guys. i am guessing he has at least some ability. you do not put up those numbers on size alone and obviously i trust our coaches

i am very aware of the former record holder! Luke was a total stud and a very talented gifted running back / football player / athlete!! unfortunately he was just way too small for the jacks to even give him any serious consideration. so i am hoping this kid has Luke's running and football ability but with excellent size!! if luke loudenberg had had this kids size i believe he would have been another Ranek / Zenner

and yes i know Ranek was not that big. he was just so freaking good it did not matter. we have been blessed to watch so many AMAZING players!! but still nobody i have had more fun watching than Josh Ranek. i told him the day he finished that he kind of ruined football for me because it was highly unlikely i was ever gonna enjoy watching anyone as much as i enjoyed watching him but i hoped Coach Stig and staff would prove me wrong!!

they have come very close but nobody has equaled him yet! honestly if we could have a healthy ID, i think he is at least close to that level
        Begeman is stout and plays very physical. Also a very good open field tackler. I imagine he can be a special teams contributer early.

Comment

Originally posted by LetsGoRabbits View Post

who has seen him play?

He's has some decent speed for his size and yes some of those yards are because his size in 9 man football but the speed to bust big plays. I can see him has a Mikey Daniel Type Back. Not sure if he will be as explosive as Isaiah Davis.
          Go Big Go Blue ..... Go Jacks

Comment

Originally posted by WestSideRabbit View Post
            he recruiting class for @GoJacksFB is really starting to take shape. Because the early signing period is about a month away, it seemed like a good time to start the commit tracker. #GoJacks

https://jackrabbitillustrated.com/2022/11/2023-recruiting-tracker.html
            More great coverage from Jackrabbit Illustrated, and the PodFather lol, Is there any position group that we need to focus on recruiting to fill spots? OL and DL?

Comment

Originally posted by Gojacks2487 View Post

More great coverage from Jackrabbit Illustrated, and the PodFather lol, Is there any position group that we need to focus on recruiting to fill spots? OL and DL?
              Thanks! These are the positions I think they take a scholarship player at still: RB, WR, OL and CB. I'm guessing another walk on at WR.

I've heard rumors from fans about Blake Peterson (in the portal) and Nash Hutmacher (rumored to be tired of NE) as possible targets. I'm not 100% sure how they would fit into our DL rotation next year or if there is scholarship money available at this point to make it work for them.

This is a small graduating class but the roster almost always loses a dozen or so guys to transfer or they just quit football so there may be some room... idk.
              Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

Thanks! These are the positions I think they take a scholarship player at still: RB, WR, OL and CB. I'm guessing another walk on at WR.

I've heard rumors from fans about Blake Peterson (in the portal) and Nash Hutmacher (rumored to be tired of NE) as possible targets. I'm not 100% sure how they would fit into our DL rotation next year or if there is scholarship money available at this point to make it work for them.

This is a small graduating class but the roster almost always loses a dozen or so guys to transfer or they just quit football so there may be some room... idk.
                Wow that would be awesome to get a couple of major contributors right away.

Comment

Blake currently has offers from USD, UND, Kent State, WKU, ODU, and UNI. No offer from SDSU yet.

Comment

Just wait till after the playoffs Peterson. Be patient

Comment

• Keegan Johnson in the portal. I'm sure he will go very high major, but worth a text if he wants to stay close to home.

Comment

• Now that would a great addition….

Comment

• Originally posted by AZjack View Post
                          Keegan Johnson in the portal. I'm sure he will go very high major, but worth a text if he wants to stay close to home.
                          With a new high profile head coach, you have to think that Nebraska goes hard after the home-state kid.

Comment

• Why would he go to a rebuild when he could go to a real team in the SEC or Big 12? Nebraska only makes sense if he is very home-sick.

Comment

• Originally posted by AZjack View Post
                              Keegan Johnson in the portal. I'm sure he will go very high major, but worth a text if he wants to stay close to home.
                              It makes alot of sense for Keegan to come here. We are losing our top WR more than likely 2 top WR. They know the program and Coach Davis they know he can get playing time day 1 and know if he puts up numbers he'll get NFL looks similar to Christian Watson. This would be huge.

Comment

• This is a huge pipe dream. I will say that Bobbit is following him on twitter. He was not on the staff the first time we recruited Keagen, so I would think that means we are at least reaching out to him.

Comment

Working...
                                X