23 Recruiting List

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Carolina010 View Post
    Not that he isn’t talented and can’t have a great career but I watched a lot of the game and didn’t see him play a single snap on defense. He was in a few punt returns that I could see. If he can’t get on the field for his high school team what kind of prospect are we missing out on? I’m much more interested in Hunt Jr and what he decides.
    I saw him liking a few tweets from Ohio players/coachers so I'm guessing that's where he is headed. Hope I am wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Carolina010 View Post
      Not that he isn’t talented and can’t have a great career but I watched a lot of the game and didn’t see him play a single snap on defense. He was in a few punt returns that I could see. If he can’t get on the field for his high school team what kind of prospect are we missing out on? I’m much more interested in Hunt Jr and what he decides.
      i was confused by this as well...i watched the game off and on Thursday night and didn't see him on offense or defense for the Bixby team. Thought maybe I just missed his participation. Maybe there was something else (Injury, etc.) keeping him out. Seems like a prospect with multiple D1 offers would be playing regularly.
      "I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee." - Joe D.

Comment

Seems we all were puzzled. He didn't actually play a non ST down until there were 2 minutes left in the game with Bixby on defense, and I absolutely figured he would have been inserted much earlier to prevent some of those huge plays by Jenks (6 total plays over 40+ yards).

I didn't hear any college decisions during the broadcast, but I heard plenty about the Arkansas commit, etc. At one point I thought the announcers said 3 people in the secondary had fbs/fcs offers, including Newkirk, although the remark may have been about the combined secondaries / just the Bixby defense.

Bixby had won 58 straight games and has 7 state championships in 8 years, so it's not hard to believe they would have plenty of great athletes. Can now check a full Oklahoma high school football broadcast off the bucket list.

Edit: we also have an offer extended to Jenks player Ty Walls -> he also has offers from Navy, Army, Air Force, and Drake
        Last edited by peavy; 11-04-2022, 03:25 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Jackrabbit2012 View Post

I saw him liking a few tweets from Ohio players/coachers so I'm guessing that's where he is headed. Hope I am wrong.
          He announced Ohio yesterday. Ohio, tied for first in the MAC East with the other school on his list (Buffalo), ranks 104/131 in FBS rushing ypg with their two leading rushers being freshmen. They're 13th in passing offense with a junior QB who was recently mentioned in an espn article about the 25 most surprising fbs players.

Comment

Think Blake Peterson is transferring to State? I see he has entered the transfer portal.

Comment

Originally posted by Kastman4 View Post
              Think Blake Peterson is transferring to State? I see he has entered the transfer portal.
              That would be a great get. I also wonder if Nash Hutmacher is considering leaving the dumpster fire that is Nebraska. I know that Jacks have shown interest in his brother Noah. I'm sure the wrestling team would welcome either of them!

Comment

Originally posted by Kastman4 View Post
                Adding another stud to the DL? Yes please

Comment

Peterson had played in every game so far this year for Iowa State. I am assuming he wasn’t starting but still positive that he was seeing some time. Ag kid I believe so have to think there would be a masters program here he would be interested in. 2 years of eligibility remaining. I would love to see him here.

Comment

Originally posted by salemjack View Post
                    Peterson had played in every game so far this year for Iowa State. I am assuming he wasn’t starting but still positive that he was seeing some time. Ag kid I believe so have to think there would be a masters program here he would be interested in. 2 years of eligibility remaining. I would love to see him here.
                    and if you look at his social media, it sure appears that he is a good fit with Coach Stig and his coaches and program and i would guess that he knows at least some of them pretty well. would he consider going as far from home as Idaho? gotta figure that coming out of HS he played both sides of the line and probably had some interaction with coach Eck

Comment

Originally posted by salemjack View Post
                      He is no longer on the roster for Iowa State, surprised he didn't wait until the end of the year.

Comment

Originally posted by rabbits64 View Post

He is no longer on the roster for Iowa State, surprised he didn't wait until the end of the year.
                        They scrubbed him from the 2022 online roster but he was still on the 2021

Blake Peterson - Football - Iowa State University Athletics (cyclones.com)

His dad, Brandon, was a Jackrabbit D-End from '95-'99 so there is a connection there. I hope he comes to SDSU. Seems like a good student.

Comment

Jacks get a commit from Tea Area's Chase Van Tol.

Comment

I wonder if we have any interest in Jefferson's running back Nelson Wright. He had 162 yards and 3 touchdowns in the title game against Harrisburg. May be undersized, but fast 100 and 40 times and very strong kid. Seems he has a Northern offfer , but no DI interest so far.

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
                              I wonder if we have any interest in Jefferson's running back Nelson Wright. He had 162 yards and 3 touchdowns in the title game against Harrisburg. May be undersized, but fast 100 and 40 times and very strong kid. Seems he has a Northern offfer , but no DI interest so far.
                              I dont think Nelson would be durable enough for D1. He runs like Zenner without Zenners size, can't turn corners, not shifty. He'd get levelled. PWO maybe. But coaches have seen him, so if they haven't offered by now, not sure they will.
                              With fans like this who needs enemas.....

Comment

Originally posted by EngJack View Post
                                The Jacks have an offer out to Brenden Begeman; 6' 2", 210, RB, Herreid/Selby Area. Brenden is closing in on the SD all time rushing record. Although he plays in 9B football, we have had some good luck with other 9 man players in the past.
                                According to the following link, he has committed to SDSU but I cant verify anywhere else. https://www.keloland.com/keloland-co...ll-semifinals/

https://www.hudl.com/profile/13368947/Brenden-Begeman
                                and its official https://www.keloland.com/sports/bren...sdsu-football/

Comment

Working...
                                X