22 Recruiting List

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SteelSD View Post
    There has been two DL added (Sifore first, second one?).
    https://twitter.com/CoachSmithSDSU/s...17722636763139

Comment

A TE has been added according to tweet from Coach Olson.

Comment

Maybe Brady McCullough from Ankeny, Ia. Offers from UND, UNI and SDSU.

Comment

The Jacks may get a QB for the class tonight. 6'4 Greyton Gannon from Wisconsin is announcing at 6:00. Sounds like he had a great visit, and has been retweeting SDSU stuff, including the tweet last night stating the Jacks had added a TE. Also has NDSU and Eastern Illinois offers, so would be a good get.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
            The Jacks may get a QB for the class tonight. 6'4 Greyton Gannon from Wisconsin is announcing at 6:00. Sounds like he had a great visit, and has been retweeting SDSU stuff, including the tweet last night stating the Jacks had added a TE. Also has NDSU and Eastern Illinois offers, so would be a good get.
            Well, it would be huge to actually beat the Bizun out for a QB considering their recent success at that position. This is obviously a big year for us recruiting wise considering our stock in the FCS community really hasn't been higher. We've seen a steady climb in the level of players we are getting here, so to see that trend continue is exciting. Not happy about Gronowski's injury, but if there is a silver lining it's likely a player like this would not consider us knowing we have our started likely locked in for the next 4 years if not for that. And we could certainly use depth at the position as injury's are a real concern.

Comment

I think one of the things I’ve noticed about our recruiting in the last fees (that signals it is getting better) is that we have been able to dip into Wisconsin, Kansas, Illinois, etc. more. We’ve always gotten kids from those places, but it seems to me like we have really picked up in Wisconsin the last few years. Some of that is cyclical, sense not every state is always producing top tiered talent every year. And it may just be due to Eck with his connections in state. But I feel like we’ve struggled in the past with Wisconsin and that seems to be changing a little.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr_Tibbs View Post
                I think one of the things I’ve noticed about our recruiting in the last fees (that signals it is getting better) is that we have been able to dip into Wisconsin, Kansas, Illinois, etc. more. We’ve always gotten kids from those places, but it seems to me like we have really picked up in Wisconsin the last few years. Some of that is cyclical, sense not every state is always producing top tiered talent every year. And it may just be due to Eck with his connections in state. But I feel like we’ve struggled in the past with Wisconsin and that seems to be changing a little.
                Only one D1 football program in the state on Wisconsin so lots of quality talent in the state. NDSU has done well there for quite a while.

Comment

No wonder he retweeted the tight end tweet. He committed to the Jacks, but apparently as a TE rather than QB.

Comment

No wonder he retweeted the tight end tweet. He committed to the Jacks, but apparently as a TE rather than QB.
                    Wow, that's interesting. I wonder if the Bison were looking to do the same thing with him. Talking him into being a TE over a QB is impressive. Pretty steep learning curve to become a TE, will be interesting to see how it goes.

Already have his UFC name ready, Greyton "Tebow" Gannon.

Comment

Eck has been doing a good job over here. I live in Eau Claire Wisconsin, and the Bison have been over here for a long time getting talent. So it is good that we have been working this area hard. For the most part if they don't go to Big 10 (Badgers, Gophers, Hawkeyes) they have done to the Bison or programs like Northern Illinois or the directional Michigan schools.
                      One interesting aspect of recruiting is to see how the interstates impact recruiting. Follow i94, down from Fargo, the Bison do well along it: MN, Twin Cities, Wisconsin. We do well along i29 and I90. I heard this from someone at the University before. We are doing well in Southern Wisconsin and Illinois, for the most part along I90.

Comment

Kind of surprising we only have 3 known verbal commits. In comparison Bison have 10 verbals along with 2 PWO commits.

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
                          Kind of surprising we only have 3 known verbal commits. In comparison Bison have 10 verbals along with 2 PWO commits.
                          Based on the number of opt outs and transfers they had this last year compared to us, I would imagine that is partially a function of them having more scholarships available than us. Could be wrong, but I’m guessing we don’t have too many scholarships available given the extra COVID eligibility.

Comment

Based on the number of opt outs and transfers they had this last year compared to us, I would imagine that is partially a function of them having more scholarships available than us. Could be wrong, but I’m guessing we don’t have too many scholarships available given the extra COVID eligibility.
                            Just a quick perusing of the website and looking at the roster we currently have 11 Seniors/grad students on the roster. I assume this is fairly close to what we have available so that indicates that this will definitely not be a big class. But this class feels important in trying to leverage the trip to Frisco into that next tier of talent and winning a few more head-to-heads with the Bison. We did lose a OT to them already, so definitely want to see us continue to build that strong OL/DL foundation that we had this year and that they have used to dominate for so many years.

So while understanding that we don't have a lot of available slots, I certainly would have liked to see more action on this front by this point. Hopefully some big signings will be coming soon.

Comment

NDSU did have a couple of week head start on recruiting this year due to being eliminated in the quarterfinals this year. Still, I would have liked if we had more verbal commitments at this point. Hope for more good news soon!

Comment

Jalen Lee CB from Missouri has verballed to SDSU.

Comment

Working...
                                X