No announcement yet.

2021 Fall Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does anyone else feel like this is the year to win it? We are just too good and too expierenced. The only question was QB and we got our answer last Friday night. Have to speculate this could be our last season with Eck as he is due for HC job or P5 OC position. I just hope we stay healthy and things work out the way they should. Hopefully some huge momentum builds up and this becomes the most fun and memorable season of all time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by salemjack View Post
      Does anyone else feel like this is the year to win it? We are just too good and too expierenced. The only question was QB and we got our answer last Friday night. Have to speculate this could be our last season with Eck as he is due for HC job or P5 OC position. I just hope we stay healthy and things work out the way they should. Hopefully some huge momentum builds up and this becomes the most fun and memorable season of all time.

1-0 each week!
      "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

• Originally posted by salemjack View Post
        Does anyone else feel like this is the year to win it? We are just too good and too expierenced. The only question was QB and we got our answer last Friday night. Have to speculate this could be our last season with Eck as he is due for HC job or P5 OC position. I just hope we stay healthy and things work out the way they should. Hopefully some huge momentum builds up and this becomes the most fun and memorable season of all time.

Yes, but that said I don't actually think we will win it all. There's so much that goes into it, luck, injuries, weather, team bonding, everything coming together at the right time. And I would say that exact same thing whether I'm a fan of NDSU, SDSU, SHSU, JMU, or any other team out there. If I'm betting, I'll always take the field over one specific team.

Comment

• Originally posted by mnjackrbt View Post

Yes, but that said I don't actually think we will win it all. There's so much that goes into it, luck, injuries, weather, team bonding, everything coming together at the right time. And I would say that exact same thing whether I'm a fan of NDSU, SDSU, SHSU, JMU, or any other team out there. If I'm betting, I'll always take the field over one specific team.
          I think injuries are going to be the wild card, especially with the teams that made long runs in the spring season. But you never know- the one Jack who had the major injury in the first game was the one who didn't play in the spring.

Comment

• Anyone who has followed SDSU football, MBB, or WBB the last few years better respect the injury factor. We have had quite a run of star players going down. Maybe we’re due for some luck.

I agree about Eck being a short timer here too. He’s talented.

Comment

• Originally posted by Southeast View Post
              Anyone who has followed SDSU football, MBB, or WBB the last few years better respect the injury factor. We have had quite a run of star players going down. Maybe we’re due for some luck.

I agree about Eck being a short timer here too. He’s talented.
              I agree seems we always have poor luck when it comes the injury bug. I praying that eck is head coach in waiting,. A job I think eidsness and jackson wanted, witch is why they may have left.
              Go Big Go Blue ..... Go Jacks

Comment

• Originally posted by Gojacks2487 View Post

I agree seems we always have poor luck when it comes the injury bug. I praying that eck is head coach in waiting,. A job I think eidsness and jackson wanted, witch is why they may have left.
                I am surprised Eck has stayed as long as he has. Seems his resume is good enough for some head coaching opportunities.
                "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

• Originally posted by goon View Post

I am surprised Eck has stayed as long as he has. Seems his resume is good enough for some head coaching opportunities.
                  I do not know the Eck family in any way, but following them on social media I get the impression that after moving to a new school/state/city almost every year for a long time in his coaching career, they have liked the stability/ Brookings community/ raising a family with several children all in one place without moving every single year.

Comment

• Originally posted by mnjackrbt View Post

I do not know the Eck family in any way, but following them on social media I get the impression that after moving to a new school/state/city almost every year for a long time in his coaching career, they have liked the stability/ Brookings community/ raising a family with several children all in one place without moving every single year.
                    I agree, its probably about as stable as a place if you want to settle down for a bit. if things dont go well as a head coach you might be looking for a new job in no time. being apart of a successful program means stability. Plus Brookings is a nice place to live regardless.
                    "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

• Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post

I think injuries are going to be the wild card, especially with the teams that made long runs in the spring season. But you never know- the one Jack who had the major injury in the first game was the one who didn't play in the spring.
                      This is where the Jacks' DL and RB depth is considerably beneficial.

Losing Wolf in the return game has me nervous because I'd rather not risk injury to Jankes. Maybe Buri can pick up that slack.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gojacks2487 View Post

One of the questions during Stig's last radio show pertained to whether Oladokun approached Jacks regarding transfer or vice versa. Stig indicated the Jacks approached Oladokun. If the same person was primarily responsible for that as was responsible for recruiting Gronowski, that person has earned an eventual promotion/raise.

If it was Eck, he'd be approaching Rogers as prime candidate I'd like to see eventually replace Stig, although I'd still lean toward Rogers, were Jacks to opt to hire from among internal candidates.

Comment

• Originally posted by jakejc795 View Post

One of the questions during Stig's last radio show pertained to whether Oladokun approached Jacks regarding transfer or vice versa. Stig indicated the Jacks approached Oladokun. If the same person was primarily responsible for that as was responsible for recruiting Gronowski, that person has earned an eventual promotion/raise.

If it was Eck, he'd be approaching Rogers as prime candidate I'd like to see eventually replace Stig, although I'd still lean toward Rogers, were Jacks to opt to hire from among internal candidates.
                          I thought I read somewhere that it was Lujan who contacted Oladokun the day after the National championship game.

Comment

• Originally posted by Carolina010 View Post

I thought I read somewhere that it was Lujan who contacted Oladokun the day after the National championship game.
                            I'm not familiar with those reports, and other accounts (e.g., here) call at least the chronology, vis a vis Championship Game, into question.

Nevertheless, it makes sense Lujan would be involved, as QB coach/recruiting coordinator.

Should also confess that I've had a pro-Lujan bias ever since he took Christion's ascension in stride and I regularly witnessed him rooting on Christion on sidelines.

Comment

• Lujan seems to have a really great start to a very young coach career. If Eck leaves maybe Lujan can take over and use the things he has learned from Eck in regards to play calling.

Comment

• Has anyone that has a tailgating spot in the Backyard received their parking passes?

Comment

Working...
                                X