The Game, Frisco, TX, May 16, 1 pm CDT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by filbert View Post

We discourage overtly political talk from any direction here, if you don't mind.
    Yeah, again, there seems to be a deep-seated aversion to addressing the actual post; rather, it's seen as an excuse to spout off about some personal agenda. Who knew commenting on a field could result in posts running the gamut of my pre-college FB career to underwear and Antifa.

FCS Championship at the Kibbie Dome sponsored by Hanes Her Way and Classmates.com?

Comment

• Originally posted by TTman7Bearkat View Post

It is what it is, because I (and you) don't have any control over where & when the game is played. Deal with it. Seems like you're having a problem with that. If you don't like the current venue, then don't attend, watch, or participate. Otherwise, organize a group and go to the NCAA decision makers and protest, burn, and loot to get your way. Seems like that'd best fit your attitude. . Get your Antifa & BLM buddies to help you with that.
      lulz. Who's this douchebag?

Comment

• Originally posted by bubbajack View Post

There's obviously a vocal "Lightning...Love it or Leave it" crowd in some fanbases

Comment

• Originally posted by bubbajack View Post

You must be talking about jakejc795. LOL

Comment

• You two boys have fun with your excuses. Hopefully you get your way one day and the Universe aligns perfectly with the Jackrabbit program and you have the perfect scenario and conditions to play a game. MAYBE that game will be another Natty appearance and you'll win and won't have any excuses to make.

Comment

• Im starting to dislike shsu fans almost as much and bison. They win one championship and csnt stop gloating. Not a good image. I could only imagine if they lost their QB on the 3rd play of the game and ended up losing, i would bet they would have plenty to complain about. Anway, im surprised the ncaa picks a place that doesnt have good drainage with an artificial field. Thats all im saying. If the ncaa isnt concerned about the elements. They could easily move the game to to upper midwest and teams sould just have to deal with it. Some just cant get a clue. I am serious, i hope the ADs can grt shsu to a game in Brookings sometime. Make a bit a rivalry. Actually make some of those southern schools play some good competition during the season. I dont think i am going out on a limb, but if Grono doesnt get hurt we win easily. Wasnt our game but no doubt we will ve ready for the fall for a return trip.
              "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

• I thought the field held up really well considering the amount of rain that came down. If that would have been at Coughlin back in the day, it would have been a muddy mess.
                Let Sam Houston celebrate, they won a championship. We didn't.

Comment

• Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
                  I thought the field held up really well considering the amount of rain that came down. If that would have been at Coughlin back in the day, it would have been a muddy mess.
                  No one is stopping them. They know how to gloat almost as good as ndsu fans. They could take some lessons on how to rub it in that we didnt win again.
                  "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Comment

• Originally posted by goon View Post
                    Im starting to dislike shsu fans almost as much and bison. They win one championship and csnt stop gloating. Not a good image. I could only imagine if they lost their QB on the 3rd play of the game and ended up losing, i would bet they would have plenty to complain about. Anway, im surprised the ncaa picks a place that doesnt have good drainage with an artificial field. Thats all im saying. If the ncaa isnt concerned about the elements. They could easily move the game to to upper midwest and teams sould just have to deal with it. Some just cant get a clue. I am serious, i hope the ADs can grt shsu to a game in Brookings sometime. Make a bit a rivalry. Actually make some of those southern schools play some good competition during the season. I dont think i am going out on a limb, but if Grono doesnt get hurt we win easily. Wasnt our game but no doubt we will ve ready for the fall for a return trip.
                    Gloating? Is the bar set that low to what is considered gloating?

And like UWMandSDSU said, that field held up very well considering all the rain...not to mention when the venue was selected there was never a plan for the game to be in May. We had a terrible field one year because of a frost that killed the grass right when they put it down...or something like that. Both teams had to play on it. Problem didn't come back. Frisco does a pretty good job of promoting it too...

Comment

• Originally posted by TTman7Bearkat View Post
                      You two boys have fun with your excuses. Hopefully you get your way one day and the Universe aligns perfectly with the Jackrabbit program and you have the perfect scenario and conditions to play a game. MAYBE that game will be another Natty appearance and you'll win and won't have any excuses to make.
                      Straw man -- no one said it had to be perfect. However, it can be universally acknowledged that better options exist, and I have no idea what caused you to start personally insulting me after I posted I'd just as soon not have the championship held on that field.

Hmm, where's a field in grand ol' Texas where we wouldn't have to worry about deteriorating turf and lightning and where college football is already played? Hint: it's in San Antonio (and you can't tell me visiting teams and fanbases wouldn't find San Antone just as exciting, if not more so, than Frisco)

Folks say they want to increase interest in FCS football. Maybe you can take a break from sophomoric posts and explain what's gained by keeping it in Frisco instead (other than tradition and supposedly great restaurants).

Comment

• Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
                        I thought the field held up really well considering the amount of rain that came down. If that would have been at Coughlin back in the day, it would have been a muddy mess.
                        No one said they couldn't celebrate, but there's a drastic difference between celebrating and some of their alleged fan's posts on here. Plus, what's telling about this rhetoric is that if the SDSU powers that be adopted the "it is what it is" mindset, we wouldn't have the stadium we do now (and might not even be in the FCS).

I do agree with goon though, the purported Bearkat fan who's been most vocal recently (and violated board policy) has rhetorical "flourishes" fitting for folks who post on the ungulates' forum
                        Last edited by jakejc795; 05-20-2021, 05:37 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by TransAmBison View Post
                          Gloating? Is the bar set that low to what is considered gloating?

And like UWMandSDSU said, that field held up very well considering all the rain...not to mention when the venue was selected there was never a plan for the game to be in May. We had a terrible field one year because of a frost that killed the grass right when they put it down...or something like that. Both teams had to play on it. Problem didn't come back. Frisco does a pretty good job of promoting it too...
                          To mention how we lost and they won and to just get over it in every post. Yeah we get it, they won, we didnt. Maybe SHSU fans need to move on more then we do. Dont worry, sdsu and fans have experience more field conditions then you guys have. We understand thats a part of the game. We have played well in bad conditions and won, and struggled and lost also....to a team that wont be mentioned. Its a little ripe for NDSU fans to to get SDSU fans to get over it. Have you not seen how many NDSU fans reaction to any loss you guys have? Granted its not many, but wow. Plus you havent been in our shoes losing a championship. I could only imagine if you guys lost a title game with your star QB and had to rely on your third string QB....your fan board would explode.

Comment

• Originally posted by goon View Post

To mention how we lost and they won and to just get over it in every post. Yeah we get it, they won, we didnt. Maybe SHSU fans need to move on more then we do. Dont worry, sdsu and fans have experience more field conditions then you guys have. We understand thats a part of the game. We have played well in bad conditions and won, and struggled and lost also....to a team that wont be mentioned. Its a little ripe for NDSU fans to to get SDSU fans to get over it. Have you not seen how many NDSU fans reaction to any loss you guys have? Granted its not many, but wow. Plus you havent been in our shoes losing a championship. I could only imagine if you guys lost a title game with your star QB and had to rely on your third string QB....your fan board would explode.
                            Sam Houston fans that i encountered down there were great. They won, we lost. They celebrate, we look forward to getting another chance to go to Frisco. The field was as wet on their side of the line as ours. I cant wait to go again.

Comment

• NDSU will be very good this fall

I dont gamble or have a site but I do put my system (of equations) up against las vegas as I did for this game because they are the best. My equations are college level too. The solutions matrix is a 2-dimensional spreadsheet and graphs are used to visualize field lengths. A defensive power ranking is seen as a positively slopped line to the right, the steeper the better. Offense just the opposite. Slope can be expressed as field length in yards as well.

On-line sports betting is legal in SD and permitted in all states except Washington and Connecticut. People like to know for themselves some times so I post the sports page where I got the odds. I just duck duck to find them. 5 Dimes was the “go to”, the Sagarin, the AGS top 20, now who knows who has the voice for the on-line odds?

https://sportsbetting.legal/states/

I don't promote or participate in on-line sports betting but do run “my book” against theirs. Who doesn't?

The game analyzer mechanism provides a mythical score from which spread and over/under are derived. Las vegas provides spread and over/under from which mythical score can be derived. The odds tell you about conviction. The GAM also provides virtual field lengths for offense and defense as well as a strength of schedule adjustment.

When Las Vegas is wrong, like they were for this game, it bears pointing out, especially before the game is played, like I did. We uncover their mistakes.

Sorry about the outcome. It was everything a championship game should be and all the GAM promised.

What did you think of this

https://twitter.com/mgronowski7/stat...559430657?s=21

Last edited by Milbank; 05-20-2021, 07:37 PM.

Comment

• wow buddy, you must go to school in vermillion or something or maybe you have been getting you some of the augie advantage??? not smart enough to be a jackrabbit. i am guessing we wont be seeing you again. cannot say i will miss your posts

Comment

Working...
                                X