No announcement yet.

Quarter Finals vs SIU

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Already a semi bearing Salukis' logo parked in downtown Holiday Inn lot this afternoon

Comment

Originally posted by WestSideRabbit View Post
      Here is our preview for the game: https://jackrabbitillustrated.blogsp...u-round-2.html

An interesting stat that isn't in the notes. SDSU played 61 players last week and SIU only played 44. It sounds like SIU had a hard time finding 65 healthy bodies last week to make the trip to Ogden. They are really beat up especially along the defensive line. As long as we can whether their initial storm of energy, play our game, control the ball and the clock, I think we will take care of business.
      One intriguing Fall season theme will be how well a team like the Salukis do given their attrition during Spring.
      Last edited by jakejc795; 04-28-2021, 10:18 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr_Tibbs View Post
        So it looks like our 8 PM game on ESPN2 is preceded by JMU-UND at 5 on ESPN2. Pretty likely that the beginning of our broadcast is double booked with the end of that game. Looking at last weeks game for both teams, both were 3 hours and 15 minutes long. I know it’s a small thing, but I find it super annoying. Better hope for a lot of long running drives in that one and no overtime.
        They typically temporarily air the late games on another network (e.g., EspnNews) until the early game ends, so I'm not sure how riled one should be by this

Comment

Originally posted by jakejc795 View Post

They typically temporarily air the late games on another network (e.g., EspnNews) until the early game ends, so I'm not sure how riled one should be by this
          I’ll be in a hotel watching the game, so espn news/u/etc. won’t be part of the cable package to switch to. So I am still riled up.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr_Tibbs View Post

I’ll be in a hotel watching the game, so espn news/u/etc. won’t be part of the cable package to switch to. So I am still riled up.
            ESPN app on phone or streaming via laptop using cable subscription credentials or service like Hulu/AT&T TV, etc. also aren't options, I'm guessing?

Comment

Stig mentioned that we did get one injury from last week did Nordblade end up in concussion protocall or was it someone else
              Go Big Go Blue ..... Go Jacks

Comment

Originally posted by Gojacks2487 View Post
                Stig mentioned that we did get one injury from last week did Nordblade end up in concussion protocall or was it someone else
                One of the Kusler's is still in protocol, Jefferson Lee is out for the rest of the season, and Norblade is still being determined. Otherwise, healthy. Knock on wood!
                Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

Cade Terveer limped to the sideline late. Any word on him?
                  One hand points to campus...the other to the liquor store.

Comment

Sounds like Kirk Morrison, a former San Diego State LB will be one of the announcers tomorrow, perhaps that will nix any "San Diego State" misnomers for Jacks

Comment

Maybe ESPN thought he was one of our alumni
                      Finding is never about seeking. It is about opening yourself to what is already there. - Henry Meloux

Comment

Originally posted by West-River_Jack View Post
                        Maybe ESPN thought he was one of our alumni
                        Haha, could be.

I wouldn't be opposed to ESPN making the stunning announcement that pre-game planning resulted in a mistaken commentator assignment, so Adam Vinatieri will make his announcing debut in Morrison's stead (not that I'll be able to see the broadcast live anyway)

Hey, that could be a marketing slogan -- "Hate hearing the Jacks referred to as San Diego State? Come see them live, where our announcers will never mistake Jacks for Aztecs"

Comment

Matt Zimmer will be looking for some vacation time after the football season. Football has provided topics for a bunch of SDSU football stories. (It also helps there are only 2 regular writers for the sports.) Irregardless, the Argus has been providing coverage for the Jackrabbits during the football season.
                          Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Working...
                          X