No announcement yet.

Quarter Finals vs SIU

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's all about TV. Our game on paper isn't the best so we got the late time (plus Delaware is in Eastern time). I got my tickets, I'll just be tired on Monday!!

Comment

Really curious to see what SIU’s offensive game plan is going to be. They seemed to run the ball pretty well against Weber in the second half, but they still seem like a team that wants to throw it around a little. I fully expect to see some new looks and different packages than we saw a month ago. On D, I think they are going to sell out to stop the run. They were ground into a pulp in March and will be committed to not letting that happen again.

In my opinion, this will come down to our defense adjusting to whatever their O is throwing at us and the passing game being able to connect when needed to keep the chains moving. I still think our lines are better and we may very well be able to establish the run, even with them stacking the box to stop it.

Comment

Originally posted by jakejc795 View Post

Yesterday's game was so enjoyable for a friend/former class/officemate that he's flying his brother up from TX to experience live action.

Hopefully same ticket pod we had yesterday is available and there are no Saluki interlopers in our pod like the Holy Cross mother who migrated to Section 120 from 124 and said I was cheering too loudly when Jacks were on defense
        Well, you were cheering loudly......
        "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

I have 1 major assignment due on the 2nd at midnight and another due monday the 3rd. Then I am officially done with grad school. I am thinking if I can get everything done during the week, I might try to make last minute arrangements to make the game.
          "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
            I have 1 major assignment due on the 2nd at midnight and another due monday the 3rd. Then I am officially done with grad school. I am thinking if I can get everything done during the week, I might try to make last minute arrangements to make the game.
            easy peazy, for both assignments simply type “Jackrabbit Football” and go to the game. Any professor should understand and give you 100%.

Comment

Originally posted by Jackedforlife View Post

easy peazy, for both assignments simply type “Jackrabbit Football” and go to the game. Any professor should understand and give you 100%.
              I doing grad school through USD......could be risky.

Comment

Well, you were cheering loudly......
                It'd be a lie to deny, but I thought it was a tad ridiculous for her to say that when she sat near me in a section she didn't pay to sit in [and I know that because one of the times she got her "Touchdown Towel" (as she called it) out to wave, her ticket blew out of her bag, and it was marked section 124]

Tickets purchased earlier today. Same section and row, just a bit further north

Comment

Add "*Bob Nielson's red tie approves this message"??

Comment

replace jackrabbit football with Coyote track and field.

Comment

Our biggest obstacle will be ourselves, after the beat down we handed them in Carbondale.

I think we'll win. But I don't think it will be a blow out, and I think we will need to be prepared for some wrinkles. SIU has a good team, and they won't like that last game, not one bit.

That said, our lines are so good. I have a hard time seeing them staying with us, if we can avoid turnovers.

Comment

Avoid turnovers and get the tight ends the ball down the seam which will be open if they stack the box. Eck has gotten TE's involved in the pass game a little more the past 2 weeks.

Jacks should win by 2 scores or better.

Comment

https://player.vimeo.com/video/541748382

Comment

SIU has a classy coach. He gives the Jacks a lot of respect.
                            This space for lease.

Comment

So it looks like our 8 PM game on ESPN2 is preceded by JMU-UND at 5 on ESPN2. Pretty likely that the beginning of our broadcast is double booked with the end of that game. Looking at last weeks game for both teams, both were 3 hours and 15 minutes long. I know it’s a small thing, but I find it super annoying. Better hope for a lot of long running drives in that one and no overtime.

Comment

Here is our preview for the game: https://jackrabbitillustrated.blogsp...u-round-2.html

An interesting stat that isn't in the notes. SDSU played 61 players last week and SIU only played 44. It sounds like SIU had a hard time finding 65 healthy bodies last week to make the trip to Ogden. They are really beat up especially along the defensive line. As long as we can whether their initial storm of energy, play our game, control the ball and the clock, I think we will take care of business.
                                Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

Working...
                                X