Quarter Finals vs SIU

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quarter Finals vs SIU

Might as well get this one started early. Lots of story lines headed into this one, and I expect a tough matchup next weekend. Do we know yet which day the game will be? This year, 2 of the 4 quarterfinal games will be on Sunday on the main ESPN(2) networks. For personal reasons, I’m really hoping for a Sunday game. Both games will be later in the day, at 5 and 8. The early game Sunday would be ideal for me.***

***If I had known getting married was going to impede on my football viewing this much, I’d have stayed single.

I’m hoping for first game Saturday...get in, get the win, max rest and prep time.

Comment

Im not sure if this is accurate, but the updated NCAA bracket has all 4 quarterfinal games occurring in Sunday, May 2nd. Jacks set to play at 8PM central on ESPN2. Again, not sure if that is official, but it is what shows on the ncaa website. Didn’t think all games would played on Sunday, which is why I have some doubt.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr_Tibbs View Post
        Im not sure if this is accurate, but the updated NCAA bracket has all 4 quarterfinal games occurring in Sunday, May 2nd. Jacks set to play at 8PM central on ESPN2. Again, not sure if that is official, but it is what shows on the ncaa website. Didn’t think all games would played on Sunday, which is why I have some doubt.
        Seems right. NFL Draft on Saturday definitely complicated things. A 8pm game at DJDS? Wow!

At least everyone is playing Sunday.

Comment

Yeah, happy for my own personal reasons, but I wish it wasn’t so late. I’d imagine that isn’t going to help the crowd numbers compared to a Saturday game or an earlier game on Sunday. Long time tow wait until kickoff for the players too. Would have preferred an earlier game. Players and coaches will have to adjust to a late game.

Comment

Zim's tweet confirms all quarterfinal games will be Sunday (5/2).

Comment

Originally posted by YanktonJack7 View Post

Seems right. NFL Draft on Saturday definitely complicated things. A 8pm game at DJDS? Wow!

At least everyone is playing Sunday.
              I'm interested in the rationale for having the Jacks play at 8pm instead of 5pm, when Delaware-JSU and NDSU-SHSU are both playing at 2pm CT

Comment

I would assume a JMU hosted game wasn’t going to be that late (eastern time) and since JSU is the 4 seed, they didn’t get the espn slot. That left it between us and SHSU, and being the 1 seed, I’m guessing the evening is the more prime slot for tv.

Comment

Yeah, happy for my own personal reasons, but I wish it wasn’t so late. I’d imagine that isn’t going to help the crowd numbers compared to a Saturday game or an earlier game on Sunday. Long time tow wait until kickoff for the players too. Would have preferred an earlier game. Players and coaches will have to adjust to a late game.
                  The 8:00 start eliminates us attending. With a 2 hour drive and needing to be ready to go bright and early Monday morning, it won't work.Probably the same for families with kids in school that have to travel any distance.

Comment

Well poop...honestly helps me make the game but seriously?!?!?!

Late Sunday game, with work/school on Monday. Out of town fans less likely to go, SDSU students have finals week starting the next day. Forget any family experience if you have kids under the age of 11.

One positive...the boys have a little extra time to heal and prep...although one would argue prep isn’t as necessary for an opponent you’ve already played.

Comment

I assume that with the NCAA now allowing 50% capacity, we should have about 9000 tickets available Saturday. Unfortunately, given the start time and the general lack of excitement about spring ball from the casual fan, I’ll be surprised if it’s over 4K. Going to have to rely mostly on Brookings locals and maybe a some Sioux Falls types without kids to cheer them on.

Comment

I assume that with the NCAA now allowing 50% capacity, we should have about 9000 tickets available Saturday. Unfortunately, given the start time and the general lack of excitement about spring ball from the casual fan, I’ll be surprised if it’s over 4K. Going to have to rely mostly on Brookings locals and maybe a some Sioux Falls types without kids to cheer them on.
                        Yesterday's game was so enjoyable for a friend/former class/officemate that he's flying his brother up from TX to experience live action.

Hopefully same ticket pod we had yesterday is available and there are no Saluki interlopers in our pod like the Holy Cross mother who migrated to Section 120 from 124 and said I was cheering too loudly when Jacks were on defense
                        Last edited by jakejc795; 04-25-2021, 08:01 AM.

Comment

This feels like a game that is going to be decided in the second quarter. What I mean by that is that we will either come out and establish the run early and pound them again like last time, or they will have success on O and keep our D on the field early, setting up a close game in the second half. In rewatching the game from a month ago, for as many positive bounces we had go our way with turnovers and short fields, our lines were just better. If they are better again on Sunday, I see a comfortable victory. If they aren’t, buckle up.

Comment

This feels like a game that is going to be decided in the second quarter. What I mean by that is that we will either come out and establish the run early and pound them again like last time, or they will have success on O and keep our D on the field early, setting up a close game in the second half. In rewatching the game from a month ago, for as many positive bounces we had go our way with turnovers and short fields, our lines were just better. If they are better again on Sunday, I see a comfortable victory. If they aren’t, buckle up.
                            SIU will likely have one RB (WIlliams) potentially returning from concussion suffered against SELA and another (Elliott) who is "less than 100 percent" (assuming that's at least a partial reference to the hamstring injury, his speed/cutting ability could be restricted)

Looking forward to witnessing a thumping of the Salukis in a week

Comment

Even coming from Sioux Falls is going to be tough to swing. Students also have finals starting at 7am the next morning so I am not sure we will see a great turnout from them either. I’m thankful we are advancing/hosting and getting national exposure but this is poor planning on the part of the NCAA/FCS.

Comment

Working...
                              X