X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by salemjack View Post
    Sooo 25% capacity?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    That is the level that the NCAA has mandated for all host sites. Not sure what our official capacity is, but the record attendance was 19,371 for the 2019 Marker game. 25% of that is around 4850.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post

That is the level that the NCAA has mandated for all host sites. Not sure what our official capacity is, but the record attendance was 19,371 for the 2019 Marker game. 25% of that is around 4850.
      But I think it's also up to state/local/school guidelines as well if those guidelines have stricter limits, so if we were capped at 2,500 people for regular season games, that's still the limit for the playoffs unless the administration changes it.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks86 View Post

But I think it's also up to state/local/school guidelines as well if those guidelines have stricter limits, so if we were capped at 2,500 people for regular season games, that's still the limit for the playoffs unless the administration changes it.
        Announced attendance for the last home game was 2653.

Comment

SDSU was 25% max for reg season, same as ncaa guidelines for the playoffs. 4840ish is the Max we can have

Comment

Originally posted by Jackedforlife View Post
            SDSU was 25% max for reg season, same as ncaa guidelines for the playoffs. 4840ish is the Max we can have
            Yep, you're right. I was going by this: http://www.mvc.org/football/stats/team.pdf and assumed we were capped at 2,500. It was just coincidence that our 2 home games added up to exactly 5,000 fans/2,500 avg.

Comment

Just to give you guys a quick history primer on who you're facing Saturday. I'll post here as I don't see a game-day thread yet. It's Patriot's Day here in Massachusetts so I have some time while I watch the Sox.

Here is the wiki on HC Football: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Holy_C...aders_football

To sort of supplement this, HC was somewhat of a national power from the 1930-early 1960s. They were coached then mostly by Dr Eddie Anderson who went to Iowa in between 2 stops at HC. Coach Anderson is in the College Football HoF. Holy Cross played mostly a schedule of other Eastern Independents (Syracuse, Penn St, BC) and other New England/Ivies back then.

The school decided to deephasize football by the 1970s. This was a result of a few factors, a hepatitis outbreak in 1969 shortened the season (sound familiar?) to 2 games, coeducation started at HC in 1972 which cut down on the male enrollment and simply the size of the school made playing FBS football untenable.

HC football did have a resurgence when we joined 1-AA in 1982 and through the next decade under Coach Carter and Duffner, HC was regularly one of the best teams at that level.

HC dropped giving scholarships by 1991 as a result of joining the Patriot League (then known as the Colonial League) in 1986. HC mostly floundered around in the non-scholarship PL-era, occasionally breaking through to have a good season.

With the resumption of scholarships, the building of the Luth indoor facility and the hiring of Coach Chesney, there has been an excitement in the program not seen mostly since the 1980s.

Hope that helps a bit and oh, as a Pats fan, thanks for Adam Vinatieri!

Cheers!

Comment

So, I’ll admit that I’m not exactly proud of this deep dive, but it is worth bringing up. I tend to lurk around the boards of the other teams in our bracket come playoff time and like to gain insight into other teams fan bases. I found a little tidbit on the Delaware forum.

Apparently a “source” of one of their posters believes that should UD and SDSU advance to the semis, SDSU would be unable to host for some undisclosed reason. The poster believes the game would be played in Newark due to SDSU’s graduation being held the same day.

On it’s face, that sounds preposterous. I’m assuming this “source” thinks we use DJD for commencement, which we obviously don’t (frost). Second, the only other thing I can think of is the ncaa saying that if you have another event in town that weekend that will involve thousands of people, you can’t host due to the increase of possible exposure. That seems very far fetched, but I wouldn’t put it past the ncaa. Also, I’m guessing other schools are also holding commencement that weekend.

I sincerely hope that isn’t the case. Would be an absolute shame. I also feel like that would have been announced by SDSU very early after the bracket was released so that there wouldn’t be an expectation of a home semi final game. If they knew the whole time that a May 8th game wouldn’t be at home, they needed to announce that.

Someone please confirm that this rumor is unfounded so I can go back to my sleuthing of other boards in peace.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr_Tibbs View Post
                  So, I’ll admit that I’m not exactly proud of this deep dive, but it is worth bringing up. I tend to lurk around the boards of the other teams in our bracket come playoff time and like to gain insight into other teams fan bases. I found a little tidbit on the Delaware forum.

Apparently a “source” of one of their posters believes that should UD and SDSU advance to the semis, SDSU would be unable to host for some undisclosed reason. The poster believes the game would be played in Newark due to SDSU’s graduation being held the same day.

On it’s face, that sounds preposterous. I’m assuming this “source” thinks we use DJD for commencement, which we obviously don’t (frost). Second, the only other thing I can think of is the ncaa saying that if you have another event in town that weekend that will involve thousands of people, you can’t host due to the increase of possible exposure. That seems very far fetched, but I wouldn’t put it past the ncaa. Also, I’m guessing other schools are also holding commencement that weekend.

I sincerely hope that isn’t the case. Would be an absolute shame. I also feel like that would have been announced by SDSU very early after the bracket was released so that there wouldn’t be an expectation of a home semi final game. If they knew the whole time that a May 8th game wouldn’t be at home, they needed to announce that.

Someone please confirm that this rumor is unfounded so I can go back to my sleuthing of other boards in peace.
                  In past years, one semi has been played on Friday night and one on Saturday. If they do that this year, that could eliminate a problem.

Comment

They are both on Saturday this year. I don’t know why commencement would impact anything when they just raised the attendance from 25 percent to 50 percent. If they are okay with 9k Jacks fans on the 8th, not sure why commencement (had the rule stayed at 25 percent) makes a difference.

Not to take this in a political direction, but are any of the laws that Noem was considering signing taking effect before May 8th? Last I heard, those weren’t going to include intercollegiate athletics. Not really sure what this could be, but it doesn’t seem likely given that the university hasn’t announced anything.

Comment

Graduation this year is tentatively scheduled for DJD Stadium.
                      https://www.sdstate.edu/graduation

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
                        Graduation this year is tentatively scheduled for DJD Stadium.
                        https://www.sdstate.edu/graduation
                        Well, that must be it then. Holy hell, if we finally got the chance to host a home semi and we have to give it up, I’m going to lose it. It’s not like the May 8th date was just announced for semi-finals. It’s been known since the fall and there was plenty of time to plan for frost in case of a conflict. Anybody know the likelihood of the ceremonies being moved to frost?

What a bummer.

Comment

It looks like they went out of their way to state that those plans including location, are subject to change. Seems to me like this would be a situation where the ceremonies could be moved. Weather that time of year is a crap shoot anyways and it’s probably safer to have it indoors than bank on a nice weather day.

Comment

We have this great facility east of Brookings that could hold lots of people for a graduation ceremony. Pretty sure the Swiftel is smaller than Frost, but it would be away from campus if the problem is conflicting events too close together. As a final option, the football team could play in Sioux Falls just to keep the game in South Dakota. Honestly, we really shouldn't even be worrying about this right now. The Jacks still need to win today and next week to even consider that game. Let's just take this one week at a time and let the school worry about scheduling any possible events.
                            Rollin' in my 5.0
                            With my rag-top down so my hair can blow!
                            Nod your head to this Jackrabbits!

Comment

I don’t think they could host in Sioux Falls since it isn’t one of the pre approved sites. Best bet, if it couldn’t be in Brookings, would be “hosting” in either grand forks or Fargo, since one of those two facilities is guaranteed to be available that date. Or in Newark/Jacksonville.

Let’s hope this becomes a non-issue with the ceremonies being moved.

Comment

One semi final game will be at 11am the other at 7pm on Saturday

Comment

Working...
                                X