No announcement yet.

Playoff Hosting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gotta love ESPN, don't cha? All they said about the Rabbits were that they really didn't think SDSU should be #1, and that they've got an "easy ride" in their half of the bracket.

They spent 5 minutes at the top of the show harping on the Covid restrictions and not one second talking about SDSU's players during the initial reveal.
    "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
      Gotta love ESPN, don't cha? All they said about the Rabbits were that they really didn't think SDSU should be #1, and that they've got an "easy ride" in their half of the bracket.

They spent 5 minutes at the top of the show harping on the Covid restrictions and not one second talking about SDSU's players during the initial reveal.
      Bulletin board material. Let teams and media downplay and disparage the Jacks. We'll see who's crowned next month

Comment

They did bring up our three headed rushing monster of Strong, Gronowski and Meachum LOL

Comment

Originally posted by NWHSUandSDSU View Post

They did bring up our three headed rushing monster of Strong, Gronowski and Meachum LOL
          Uh oh, they've "awakened the Davis"

Comment

Originally posted by YanktonJack7 View Post
            Holy cow. Other side of the bracket is stacked. Jacks need to make the most of this. 1-0 and all that but great shot to get to Frisco
            LOL: No, it's Holy Cross.
            ADDED LATER: I was reading the Holy Cross message board and noted my comment was quoted without the context of the YanktonJack7 post I quoted which started with "Holy cow...." My comment was not at all intended to demean Holy Cross but was a poor attempt at a pun. YanktonJack7 started his sentence with "Holy cow" and I wrote "No, it' s Holy Cross." (as in, you're mistaken, we're not playing holy cow). Apologies for the attempt to be funny. I'm not giving up my day job.
            Last edited by JackJD; 04-18-2021, 11:12 PM.

Comment

I guess I'll have to re-watch the announcement show. I mean, after they get done spending 10 minutes talking about a QB who didn't play this year.
              "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Hey Jackrabbit fans....looking forward to the game this Saturday! If you want to get a feel for Holy Cross and our fandom, our message board is at: https://crossports.freeforums.net/

Should be a fun week leading up to the game! Chu Chu Rah Rah!!!

Comment

Upon further review, yes they did give a short mention of those three. Total time talking about SDSU, the #1 seed, was less than two minutes out of the entire hour. (SDSU got more screen time due to graphics, but less than two minutes of discussion of the Rabbits or their first round opponent.)
                  "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Upon further review, yes they did give a short mention of those three. Total time talking about SDSU, the #1 seed, was less than two minutes out of the entire hour. (SDSU got more screen time due to graphics, but less than two minutes of discussion of the Rabbits or their first round opponent.)
                    I was more laughing about what names Ware mentioned, you could tell he looked at a stat sheet and hasn’t watched any fcs football. I believe Davis has more ypc than anyone.

Comment

I was more laughing about what names Ware mentioned, you could tell he looked at a stat sheet and hasn’t watched any fcs football. I believe Davis has more ypc than anyone.
                      Yeah, it was pretty clear that the ESPN people (except for the Stats guy) had spent absolutely zero time actually preparing from the show. You could see it from the very beginning, when the host guy awkwardly looked down at his notes to make sure he was reading the right name for the #1 seed.
                      "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by HC87 View Post
                        Hey Jackrabbit fans....looking forward to the game this Saturday! If you want to get a feel for Holy Cross and our fandom, our message board is at: https://crossports.freeforums.net/

Should be a fun week leading up to the game! Chu Chu Rah Rah!!!
                        I went over and enjoyed reading posts by a number of proud and loyal fans. I tried to register but the board didn't recognize my Yahoo email. Please feel free, on your board, to send your fellow fans over in our direction.
                        Finding is never about seeking. It is about opening yourself to what is already there. - Henry Meloux

Comment

Originally posted by West-River_Jack View Post

I went over and enjoyed reading posts by a number of proud and loyal fans. I tried to register but the board didn't recognize my Yahoo email. Please feel free, on your board, to send your fellow fans over in our direction.
                          Yeah...sorry about that. I am not an admin at the HC board but I know it can take a bit to get registered there. Will do. Looking forward to playing a school not from the Northeast, been awhile.

Comment

Originally posted by HC87 View Post

Yeah...sorry about that. I am not an admin at the HC board but I know it can take a bit to get registered there. Will do. Looking forward to playing a school not from the Northeast, been awhile.
                            We're not always the speediest here, either!
                            "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Some Holy Cross fans on their message board have discussed travel to the game in Brookings. If any HC fans are reading this message board: It was noted that the closest major airport is Minneapolis/St. Paul. You should be able to find good flight options to go to Sioux Falls which is 60-minutes south of Brookings on Interstate 29. Another option that should be checked out because prices have been very favorable, is catching a United flight (Sky West flying as United Express, using Canadair Regional Jets) at Chicago O'Hare direct into Watertown, SD, which is 60 minutes north of Brookings on Interstate 29. Since COVID hit, I think there is just one flight per day from Chicago to Watertown (and one per day from Watertown to Chicago), using 50-place jets.

Comment

Sooo 25% capacity?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X