Clear All

Nelson sets Career TD Record

Nelson throws for TD. 44th Career TD pass. New SDSU Record

SDSU 31
    Augie 3

Early 4th Quarter.

Comment

Re: Hobo Day 2004

If I am hearing things correctly the Vikes just scored a TD. Disappointing. According to an earlier post they haven't scored in the 4th quarter all year. Don't care what string is in, the Vikings shouldn't get a TD against the Jacks.
      We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Augie TD

Augie scores TD

SDSU 31
        Augie 9

Augie went for 2 and failed. WNAX boys wondering why.

4th Quarter 9:16 to go.

11 Plays 75 yard drive with 14 yard TD pass.

Comment

We are playing a NCC team so FYI:

UNO lost to Mankato State (thats who they are not Minnesota St).

UND is clobbering the yotes 41-14.

We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

Comment

Furman beats GSU, what the heck is going on?

4th down for Augie, they'll go for it. Lets stop em and score again.

Comment

SDSU Ball, turned over on downs

Augie drove to 15 yard line.  SDSU stopped Augie on 4th and 5.

SDSU took over on downs.

5:50 remaining in 4th Qtr

Comment

Sounds like the Lutherans are getting a little edgy. Don't they know their place?

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd
                  I think Milwaukee is exactly right here.  The coaches have to prepare the team emotionally this week.  There is no doubt who the superior team is from a physical and execution standpoint.  That being said, the loss last weekend could be a devastating one if it effects the mental psyche of our players or coaches.  I suspect Stig can overcome this.  Wish I could make it back but I have to work all weekend.  Hope I can listen to part of the game via the internet.

SDSU 41
                  Augie 7

Late TD against our 3rd string.
                  About what I expected.  Nice game by the Jacks.  This win should be the headline across all SD papers.  I guess I would be alright with "Sue polish the yotes". Time will tell.

Comment

TD SDSU

SDSU scores TD pass.

SDSU     38
                    Augie       9

Sounds like unbelievable catch with possible interference.

2:14 left in game

Comment

SDSU has 3rd Interception

SDSU picks off 3rd pass

SDSU on own 48.

Jacks making substitutions

Comment

Nice win for the Jacks.  Beautiful day, nice crowd, wish I could be there.

I want to thank Augie for being willing to play us for Hobo Day.  I wonder if a DIAA team would have drawn as well.  It takes guts to play in Brookings against a team a division ahead of you.  We all know who has no guts.

Way to go Jacks, nice win.

Comment

38-9 Thats OK. Sounded like Brookings was the place to be today. Big crowd, nice win, plenty of festivities. We were probably looking ahead a little. Two more games ahead (I think we could win them both) What a great start to D1AA !!!!!
                          GO STATE

Comment

Somehow find a vidoe of the final TD pass reception AND WATCH IT. I'll try to describe it but words won't do justice.

#45, Justin Kubesch, Redshirt Freshman from Olivia, MN, goes into the air in the end zone, primarily facing the playing field when he's hit by the defender (yes, they threw the flag) which sends him into essentially a back flip which would make any gymnast proud. As he's about parallel to the ground (yes, horizontal) about four to five feet in the air, neck bent so that he's looking at the field (looking at his shoes in this case), he manages to grab the pass and complete most of the back flip...landing hard on the back of his neck (I've seen catches like that cause serious injury). And he held on to the ball!

You have to see it. I'm home from the game and will be watching the TV channels to see if it made any highlights.

Big Daktronics portable field-display screen showed replays during the game ... great atmosphere ... The Pride of the Dakotas sounded great.

As far as I could tell, about 95% of the crowd supported SDSU so that makes the attendance figure all the more impressive.

And the weather!....

Comment

sometimes I can spell video too.

Comment

This being our last game with Augie probably for some time, the thing that I will miss is taking a Walkman to the game and tuning in KXRB and listening to Jeff Fyllig and John Schultz the radio voice of Augie. John Schultz, a once upon a time QB for Augie, who I have respected for his knowledge of the game, often sounds like he is on verge of breaking down in tears. Today was no exception. Fyllig a real "homer" kept coming up with excuses, and SDSU was classless and taking cheap shots all day long. When it 31-3, he kept saying it could just as easy be a 17-3 game. Our Jacks are basically not that good, according to Mr. Fyllig

To top it off they said Coach Stig was classless for scoring the last touchdown on a pass, when the game was no longer in doubt.

Then there was mention of the three student athletes who were arrested in the last six months, and how going D1AA was the reason that this would happen and that SDSU would continue to recruit misfits.

No mention of James Epps, who had two interceptions and one TD happens to have a high GPA, and yes he is JUCO transfer.

Then when people started to leave the game Fyllig said that you have to get to the bars early as there usually is no room, so that could be expected of the SDSU fans.

Talk about classless, Fyllig is it. :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[

Comment

Working...
                                X