Spring Game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Spring Game

If you can share it here, Why didn't watson play more on saturday???

Koenigs numbers seemed to be enlarged by a couple big runs as well.
    "I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee." - Joe D.

Comment

Some other guys I was curious about in the Spring Game are Redshirts freshman Travis Devine Yankton and Ruey Dei of Omaha. How did Mary Kranz look?

Comment

I recall seeing Rei Dei on a few plays. He will be interesting to watch as he is lanky and should make pass defense interesting. The other two I dont recall seeing on the playing field during the time I watch, but I am sure they played some before the scrimmage was over. Kranz will no doubt be playing a great deal.

Comment

Did Dei grow over the school year?  I don't remember him being 6'5".  Maybe too tall to play linebacker?  Could he end up at DE if he puts some weight on (weighs 205)?

Comment

From what I saw of him standing on the sideline he was tall and lanky. He would need to spend a lot of time in the dining room and weight room to get to a DE size.

Comment

Rei is still a project....he has only played football for a few years, he is very smart kid with a lot of up-side. Where he will end of p[laying is still a question, he is very athletic, but needs to get heavier

Go Jacks !!!!!!!
              http://members.cox.net/geauxcolonels...t/SDSU_bar.png

Comment

Dan Jackson #46 looked pretty darn good.  I think he's going to have a wonderful career playing LB at SDSU.  He made some nice plays during the scrimmage.

I also noticed Mike James #30, has made the move from Safety to LB.

Comment

Defensively we looked great the DL looks ready, lots of power and strength in there. Linebackers looked mobile and quick, really liked how the secondary looked. a few guys of the defensive play with a real shot of "attitude" like to put that little extra into a hit.

Go Jacks !!!!!!
                  http://members.cox.net/geauxcolonels...t/SDSU_bar.png

Comment

Speaking of that little extra "hit" I was a little concerned with the licks being put on our QB. My feeling is he should have either been wearing a red jersey or the defense should know that if he goes down, we're screwed, and ease up on him a little. Mike James absolutely popped him while going for a sack and a d-lineman dove at his legs as he was running out of bounds.

Comment

I look for big things from a couple of guys who played as true freshman, Mitch Pontrelli and Brock Gentile. While listening to the game I also heard the following guys make some plays WR Brock Campbell, John Perry,Justin Kubesh and Billy Ray Kirch. It sounds like Chris Wagner of Brookings at 6'7 needs to add some weight to play TE.

Comment

Originally posted by Rabbitlivinginverm
                        I also noticed Mike James #30, has made the move from Safety to LB.
                        Mike James played LB last year. Are you thinking of James Epps (who is also from Kansas City) who is a DB?

Go State! ;D

Comment

You're right, I had forgot he made the switch last year...

Comment

Originally posted by Rabbitlivinginverm
                            Speaking of that little extra "hit" I was a little concerned with the licks being put on our QB.  My feeling is he should have either been wearing a red jersey or the defense should know that if he goes down, we're screwed, and ease up on him a little.  Mike James absolutely popped him while going for a sack and a d-lineman dove at his legs as he was running out of bounds.
                            The QB generally wears a red all season except for the Spring game. It's the only time the D can get a shot in on him. The diving at the legs is not great, but those guys are trying to earn a spot for the real deal next fall. Showing the willingness to go the extra step to get a ball carrier is looked at quite heavily in judging a defensive player's ability and may just get them a little more PT next year. Plus, those QBs are big boys. They can handle it. But, I'm prejudiced.
                            "You just stood their screaming. Fearing no one was listening to you. Hearing only what you wanna hear. Knowing only what you heard." Metallica

Comment

Originally posted by MilwaukeeJacksAlum

The QB generally wears a red all season except for the Spring game.  It's the only time the D can get a shot in on him.  The diving at the legs is not great, but those guys are trying to earn a spot for the real deal next fall.  Showing the willingness to go the extra step to get a ball carrier is looked at quite heavily in judging a defensive player's ability and may just get them a little more PT next year.  Plus, those QBs are big boys.  They can handle it.  But, I'm prejudiced.
                              A few years back, I happen to be working in the Kirksville Mo area and had a chance to watch a Truman State practice. One D lineman got his hands on the QB and brought him down. I never ever seen a group of coaches get so excited and vocal at one time, so it seems to be kind of double edge sword for the D players.

I did not see the play, but was listening on the radio when Billy Ray Kirch and someone else got their hands on Kardoes. Stig who was in the radio booth said he would have a talk with these boys about the extra curruiclar activity as this is not what he wanted to see.

Comment

Working...
                              X