Spring Game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Spring Game

From the Bison board, regarding the Spring game.

Outback Steakhouse invites you to a pre-game Scholarship Luncheon starting at 11:30 a.m. There will be an opportunity to meet NDSU head coach Craig Bohl and hear his report on next season. The luncheon menu includes blooms, chophouse salad, ribs and chicken on the Barbie, fries and chocolate tower cake for $15 a plate with all proceeds going to the Outback Steakhouse scholarship fund.

This is what I mean when I say contacts from businesses in Brookings. Say Burger King for example. Perhaps they would like to set up a Whopper feed? Its probably too late for this year but may be a thought.
    We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Maybe something could be set up at Cubby's in their conference room? It wouldn't take much to get people to come down for a burger and fries to meet/listen to Stig talk about the upcoming football season.

Comment

Originally posted by Rabbitlivinginverm
        Maybe something could be set up at Cubby's in their conference room?  It wouldn't take much to get people to come down for a burger and fries to meet/listen to Stig talk about the upcoming football season.

I nominate rabbitlivinginverm to be the chair of the committee and to handle this!!!!

Any seconds?

Comment

I'd love to help out, but I can't do it.  I'm committed to be in Sioux Falls until at least 12:00.  Pending a couple of other recent work developments, I may even be on the other side of the state that weekend.  

Comment

I second that! Work is no excuses!!! Lets step it up and be a JACKS fan.

Comment

They picked a super busy day for the Spring Game so if you need a reason to come back. Also April 23rd.

1. Staters for State Oozeball (mud volleyball) tournament starts at 9 AM I think.

2. Brookings Airport Fly-in (kind of an airshow but all private planes) starting around 11.

3. The spring game obvioulsy.

4. I believe the "Senior send off" banquet is that night along with the recognition of donor milestones.

5. If anybody wanted to come back a day early, they usually give union tours on Friday afternoons. This is when the contractors aren't working in as many areas and it is "safer" to go through and see the construction. I know the next two tours are the afternoon of April 8th. If anyone is super interested I can check into getting you in the new union. If you want to be surprised then you can come see it when it is done in July.

Comment

el_presidente, I grew up west of Brookings and am going home this weekend, what time are the tours on Friday. I would love to check out the new improvements. I am also looking to pick up some Rabbit gear, with the remodeling does the bookstore still have Rabbit merchandise or is it limited to books. I also listened to the Rabbit Report yesterday and Coach Stig said they are opening the tailgate area for the spring game.

Comment

The bookstore has plenty of Rabbit gear. In fact, I think the selection is better than I can ever remember. You enter through the South side of the union and you're in the middle of the construction, but you'll find some good stuff! Check out Sports Connection as well, Wal-Mart has some stuff but I don't think it's as nice.

Comment

Thanks for the quick response Rabbitlivinginverm. I will check out all three options, although not a big walmart fan.

Comment

Scheels in Sioux Falls has quite a bit of SDSU merchandise also.

Comment

I'll take that into consideration as well.

Comment

Originally posted by siouxfallsjack
                          el_presidente, I grew up west of Brookings and am going home this weekend, what time are the tours on Friday.  I would love to check out the new improvements.  I am also looking to pick up some Rabbit gear, with the remodeling does the bookstore still have Rabbit merchandise or is it limited to books.  I also listened to the Rabbit Report yesterday and Coach Stig said they are opening the tailgate area for the spring game.  
                          Can others confirm the open tailgate area? I have no reason to doubt SFjack I'm just asking for confirmation. Has I said, I'll be there with at least 2 gas grills, just look for the SDSU flag. Anyone able to bring their families? I think my kids would attend if others were around. I know my wife is interested.
                          We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

Comment

I spoke to Athletic Department personnel this morning and was informed that the tailgate area will be open for the Spring game. The "controlled scrimmage" will begin at 5:00 pm and will last approximately 1 1/2 hours.

Comment

Originally posted by Alumguy
                              I spoke to Athletic Department personnel this morning and was informed that the tailgate area will be open for the Spring game.  The "controlled scrimmage" will begin at 5:00 pm and will last approximately 1 1/2 hours.  
                              I've got a least one 4-some for golf Saturday morning, maybe a 2nd. What time are people planning to play? I was thinking 9 am and 18-holes should suffice. We are planning an informal night out Friday. Skinners, Cubbies, Rays, whatever. Who might be around?

Comment

The new offense sounds interesting.  Wish I could see it.  The D was on fire early then the offense found it's grove, and now the D is coming back.  All tied up in the 4th Qtr.

Everyone stay healthy, Go State!  ;D

P.S. Parker Douglass has hit FG 50, 49, 37 (The 50 yrd. was into a strong wind   )!  

Comment

Working...
                                X