Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: SDSU vs NDSU

Originally posted by Da_Bizon

I think I called it biatches!  Joe Mays & Co. held your precious no-namers to less than 100 yards rushing.  That trophy is in Fargo to stay for quite a while.  I hope you weren't too attached to it.  Can't wait til you guys come back for your second dose of the Bison next year.  I can't believe you ****ers called us overrated.  I would have to say that the only overrated thing here is your "running game."

THE MARCH IS ON!!!!!!!
    That pretty well sums it up. Might call the Ietterman(sp?) and Co though.
    We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Back from the game and since a Bison mentioned Joe Mays, let me add the following: WOW, he's a tremendous athlete. The only thing bad was his celebration at the end but I'm of the school of thought that players should act like they've been there before and I think the celebrations are a little small-time. I recognize there's another opinion on that subject.

In any event, he had a great game.

Comment

yeah it was kinda classless of mays i know he wants to dance and celebrate in past games and coach boll gets on his case sometimes but i guess he figured last game at home and the game was no longer in question what the heck, but i don't think he needed to do that. besides if anybody needed to dance for the bison defence it was itterman he stepped in when kole zimmerman got injured and played a great game

Comment

itterman was impressive. Know what, a lot of guys on the Bison roster were impressive tonight.

Comment

Just got home from the game. The whole Bison defense played well. Everytime I looked across the field at the chains the Jacks had 2nd and 8 or the Bison had 2nd and 3.
            An ardent supporter of the hometown team should go to a game prepared to take offense, no matter what happens.Robert Benchley
            US actor, author, & humorist (1889 - 1945)

Comment

Originally posted by Walrus
              Just got home from the game.  The whole Bison defense played well.  Everytime I looked across the field at the chains the Jacks had 2nd and 8 or the Bison had 2nd and 3.  
              In addition, the Jacks were at their own 25 and the Bison were at the Jacks 35.

Jacks have really struggled in the 2nd half against the better teams this year (GSU exception). UC Davis, Cal Poly, NDSU all dominated in the 2nd half.
              We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

I saw the game and it was a lot closer than the score indicated. It was well played and well coached. Everyone played hard. I think injuries hurt the Jacks. Good game, Im glad the Marker is in Fargo. Looking forward to coming to Brookings next year!

Comment

Originally posted by JBB
                  I saw the game and it was a lot closer than the score indicated.  It was well played and well coached.  Everyone played hard.  I think injuries hurt the Jacks.  Good game, Im glad the Marker is in Fargo.  Looking forward to coming to Brookings next year!
                  Only I think ( and correct me if I'm wrong) the game is in Fargo next year as well. Something about the Great West getting the conference schedule rotation in order.

Comment

Originally posted by JBB
                    I saw the game and it was a lot closer than the score indicated.  It was well played and well coached.  Everyone played hard.  I think injuries hurt the Jacks.  Good game, Im glad the Marker is in Fargo.  Looking forward to coming to Brookings next year!
                    At the last two home games in Brookings, the program printed next year's schedule and it looks like the Bison get to defend their Marker at home and the Jacks get a chance to break a 43 year drought of winning Fargo and their first win in the FargoDome. Got to be postive until the game is played.

I posted this before, but I give NDSU coaching staff credit for the win. One of the Defensive coaches maybe Bradley said they had access to all the SDSU tapes for this season and seen how our offense had worked against various types of defense. So Bison knew what was coming. The defense of the Bison were very hard on the QB's and the Bison QB seemed to have all day.

I would really love to see a replay again of  that one run by Chapman in the first quarter where Hank McCall pulled him down on the 1 yard line. It looked like one key LB was taken out and boom Chapman had a free field to run until Hardware Hank Mc Call pulled him down on the one yard line.

I can see from this game that SDSU needs faster defensive ends and also more Hank McCalls to keep up on defense with long passes and even play action passes. The Bison seemed to snooker us more than once on the passes.

I think too, the Bison O line controlled the line too often and too much and thats how 300 yards were racked up on the ground.

It will be interesting to see what happens in the Jack camp this week.

IMO the difference between SDSU and NDSU is overall quickness. The Bison seem to have more than SDSU and they won in a deserving manner.

Comment

• Re: SDSU vs NDSU

Congrats to the Bison....they took it to us. was hoping for a win, I hope next year will be different. Just a couple other side notes.........I can not believe where they seat the parents and Jack's fans, the seats were awful, sitting in the corner. Every other place we play we at least get some decent seats........DE Jason Nobiling may be out for the season with a knee injury. He was at the doctor yesterday. Lets beat UNC and end up with a winning record, just remember we are still a very young team...

Go Jacks !!!!!!
                      http://members.cox.net/geauxcolonels...t/SDSU_bar.png

Comment

I thought the game was alot closer than the score indicated. The key point came when NDSU denied SDSU a touchdown late in the game and they had to settle for a field goal. If SDSU gets in they cut the lead to 10 with more than enough time on the clock to make that up. I was sitting behind the Bunny bench and you could see how dissapointed they were that they didn't score a touchdown. NDSU ended up taking the ball down the field and scoring a touchdown after that and that really put the game away at that point. In all good game, really hard hitting. You could definately tell that all the players on both sides came to play. Can't wait till next year.

Comment

Yep, back to rooting for the Jacks for the next 365 days. Hopefully the 2006 game is a sellout.

Kind of nice to have a rivalry that hasn't got out of hand.

Comment

Working...
                          X