SDSU vs NDSU

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: SDSU vs NDSU

I can't speak for what he meant, but the Pride are in a league of their own and are held in high esteem in Brookings.

The GSMB is good, but smaller and not funded nearly as much.

Comment

Not a knock on GSMB but I would agree, you only have to watch the GSMB and the Pride once in order to see why SDSU's band is the Pride of (both) Dakota's.
      "I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee." - Joe D.

Comment

I do agree with you on the quality of the Pride. I was very impressed with them. I cant understand why NDSU has such a small band. My friend says they are most likely going to shrink next year too.
        "Cheer the team from South Dakota with loyal hearts so true!"

Comment

That's because NDSU is putting all their eggs in one basket and that is football scholarships!

Comment

Notice that the jacks can compete very well with having talent from only two other states than SD,MN,IA,and NE. The bison roster is more national.
            "Cheer the team from South Dakota with loyal hearts so true!"

Comment

Originally posted by wr54
              Notice that the jacks can compete very well with having talent from only two other states than SD,MN,IA,and NE. The bison roster is more national.
              wr54,

The Jackrabbits Football team also has kids from Arizona, California, Kansas, Wisconsin.

Go Jackrabbits!  ;D

Since you are not an athlete it is ok for me to tell you to come to SDSU.  If you are all about the band this one is a no brainer, it is the Pride and that is that.  

Link to the Pride web site:

http://www3.sdstate.edu/Academics/Co...eoftheDakotas/

Comment

Heck the Pride gets louder ovations from fans than a Watson 50 yard run with 6 missed tackles. The Pride are the best not just in the Dakotas but the whole region as well.

Getting back to the GAME, bison fans are more scared than ever, maybe we'll get rid of this NDSU thinking they're our "big brothers" crap, and be considered more like twins. With high fives and the occasional blow up, knock down fight over the sacred Marker.

Comment

I see 2 huge keys to this game. Jacks need to come out quick on O or D. If we get the ball first we need to hang at least 3 on the board. If D first we need to stop the Bison on first down. If there was any weakness with this D against Davis it was first down yardage on the ground.

Second, we have to play smart and minimize penalties. I just don't have the confidence that Kardoes can get us 8-15 yards on 3rd down consistently against a better NDSU defense. Its not the secondary that concerns me but there overall D.

I look for the Jacks to mix short passes with runs from all 3 RB's and Kardoes. NDSU will key on Davis (who wouldn't) so Kardoes needs to use other receivers (maybe backs out of the backfield?). Kicking and return game should be solid if not superb.

Minimize turnovers and penalties, score early to quiet the crowd, and play average D. That should about do it.
                  We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Feel free if anyone wants to join me on a thread over on Bisonville with some overconfident/arrogant Bison fans.

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII
                      Feel free if anyone wants to join me on a thread over on Bisonville with some overconfident/arrogant Bison fans.  

As i've said before, in general terms, Bison fans define overconfidence. Some of them are more arrogant than others. Its a weakness they just can't recognize.
                      We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

Comment

Quick link I recommend you check out on Bisonville. The dome-field advantage is vulnerable. If the Jacks score early and can maintain some MO the Bison fans will fold.

http://www.bisonville.com/cgi-bin/ya...num=1130157976

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII
                          Hey now.  

Big Game at the Fabulous Fargo Dome!

Im not going to be harsh but Im getting to the point.

First of all you guys give up too many pts. I think we score more than you do, even against good defenses.

Rushing? I think we will get our game. Heck you guys practically give that up and we are better than average. There is no way your going to get 200 + on the BISON. Its not going to happen. If it does you will be rewarded with an empty dome.

You rely too much on the running TD. Your not going to get 2 or 3 scores on the ground. You might get one.

The passing game should be pretty even. both have about the same potential and both can defense. I see this as neutral. If one team breaks out here and all else is equal, thats probably the game.

What it looks like to me is this, NDSU gets its day but SDSU cant find the way. Its going to be a hostile and abusive atmoshpere on campus, and I mean that in a good way!

I officially proclaim the West Lots open. All are welcome! Good Luck to both teams. Thanks for making the trip. Winner is the best football team in the Dakotahs!!

Comment

I just spent some time in Bisonville, they are confident.
                            I felt compelled to post a response. I hope I didn't hurt their feelings.

See'yall at the game.

;D ;D

Go Rabbits

An ardent supporter of the hometown team should go to a game prepared to take offense, no matter what happens.Robert Benchley
                            US actor, author, & humorist (1889 - 1945)

Comment

The Governors are putting it on the line. Highlights from an Aberdeen American News story:

http://www.aberdeennews.com/mld/aber...s/13136022.htm

Posted on Thu, Nov. 10, 2005

Governors make another football wager

Associated Press

SIOUX FALLS, S.D. - The governors of South Dakota and North Dakota have made another football wager, this one over Saturday's game between South Dakota State University and North Dakota State University.

North Dakota Gov. John Hoeven is betting a gift basket of Dakota Growers pasta.

Gov. Mike Rounds is putting up a variety of ice cream made at South Dakota State University. . . .

Go State! ;D

Comment

jackmd,

Very nice post over on Bisonville. You are correct, today is more than just a day that some people don't have to work, it is a day to appreciate our armed forces veterans and current service men and women. We all need to remember their sacrifices and say Thank You to them.

Go Jacks ;D
                                An ardent supporter of the hometown team should go to a game prepared to take offense, no matter what happens.Robert Benchley
                                US actor, author, & humorist (1889 - 1945)

Comment

Working...
                                X