Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: SDSU vs NDSU

Originally posted by Da_Bizon
    I can't wait til they meet Joe Mays and Co.
    Ooooo ... Big Joe Mays. If anybody's overrated, it's him. He's never been the same pitcher since he blew out his elbow. Who's the "and Co."? Terry Mulholland? I'm sure Watson, Koenig and Co. are real scared.
    @JacksFanInNeb

I've always believed that if someone wants to run a country, he should know how to run a tractor first.
    --Steve Hartman, CBS Sunday

Comment

Originally posted by jacksfaninne
      Ooooo ... Big Joe Mays.  If anybody's overrated, it's him.  He's never been the same pitcher since he blew out his elbow.  Who's the "and Co."?  Terry Mulholland?  I'm sure Watson, Koenig and Co. are real scared.
      Are you f***ing retarded? Joe Mays is the best middle linebacker in the Great West. I hope you are just talking smack, because if you aren't you're in for a treat. He's gonna whoop up on your no-name running backs.

Comment

Originally posted by 89rabbit

I don't know if wr54 is an athlete or not but this is a good time to remind everyone about some NCAA rules that we as alums, donors, boosters, or any other "friend".....

Let's see, I think I have this right: I'll approach a great prospect, tell them I'm from UND-II and if they're thinking about going D-I, they should only look at SDSU.

I think that'll work!

(Just joking.)

Comment

*From the Moderator

Are you f***ing retarded?  Joe Mays is the best middle linebacker in the Great West.  I hope you are just talking smack, because if you aren't you're in for a treat.  He's gonna whoop up on your no-name running backs.

Easy . . . this is not a smack thread.

Comment

I've got my tickets and I'm looking forward to another Jackrabbit win. I'm less than an hour from Fargo, so most of the other pharmacists in town are NDSU grads.
            I think I'm the only Jackrabbit in the group. My boss and I usually have a Diet Coke riding on the outcome of Jack/Bison contests. I generally try to be magnanimous in victory and only gloat as long as it takes to drink my winnings. A Jacks win will make for a pleasant and peaceful year for me.

I made it down to Brookings for the Valpariso and Mo-Rolla games. The scoreboard is awesome. I anticipate that this weeks game will be closer than the other 2 that I've seen. The teams appear to be pretty evenly matched, but I think a couple big plays or bad bounces either way could turn it into a blowout in favor of either team.

Does anybody know if there are any alumni events in Fargo before the game?

GO JACKS ;D ;D ;D
            An ardent supporter of the hometown team should go to a game prepared to take offense, no matter what happens.Robert Benchley
            US actor, author, & humorist (1889 - 1945)

Comment

Unfortunately, there are no alumni events planned prior to the football game. The entire alumni staff will be at the Mall of America in Minneapolis. The SDSU Drum Line and SDSU Brass Line will be performing a concert for 400+ alumni and friends at that location.

Comment

Da_Bison,

If our running backs are no-name how come one of them was picked as preseason GWFC OPY.

We have RUN up some unbelievable stats against supposedly some of the best defenses in Div IAA, not just the GWFC.

I dont think you truely belong in the top 25. you are still in transition but the Bison past history and rich tradition has alot to do with it.

Now with that said. I do believe you have a great football program and this game should be very fun to witness no-matter who wins the game. It should be the game of the year for the GWFC.

By the way Joe Mays and Co. are just like every other team this offence has came accross this year, talented, strong and fast. Not that big a deal anymore, you forget we have got to be the no#1 offence by facing the same types of defensive caliber.

I expect a close game...no guesses on the outcome though, just hope it is worth the fuel (car and body).

Lets play some football!

GOJACKS!

Comment

Originally posted by Walrus
                  I've got my tickets and I'm looking forward to another Jackrabbit win.  I'm less than an hour from Fargo, so most of the other pharmacists in town are NDSU grads.
                  I think I'm the only Jackrabbit in the group.  My boss and I usually have a Diet Coke riding on the outcome of Jack/Bison contests.  I generally try to be magnanimous in victory and only gloat as long as it takes to drink my winnings.  A Jacks win will make for a pleasant and peaceful year for me.

I made it down to Brookings for the Valpariso and Mo-Rolla games.  The scoreboard is awesome.  I anticipate that this weeks game will be closer than the other 2 that I've seen. The teams appear to be pretty evenly matched,  but I think a couple big plays or bad bounces  either way could turn it into a blowout in favor of either team.

Does anybody know if there are any alumni events in Fargo before the game?

GO JACKS    ;D ;D ;D
                  Walrus,

Welcome to the board, thanks for posting.

Go State! ;D

Comment

Joe Mays is the best middle linebacker in the Great West.

Joe Mays is a damn good player, who will be a major impact over the next couple seasons. To say he's the best middle linebacker is a stretch. He's one of the top three, but if you allowed me to take one middle from the GWFC I'd take Kyle Shotwell from Cal Poly. Steve Smith from Southern Utah is right there too. He's one of the best defensive players in the league, just stuck on a very bad team.

Comment

Da Bizon seems to have a very strong prescription of green and yellow colored glasses. Nothing wrong with that, but his statements lack credibility when he says his team is the best D we've faced and our running backs are "no names". I agree that we will be able to run the ball on the Bison. I also have a very good feeling about our ability to stop the run. Last week's performance against SUU was just the precurser. This week we hold the Bison to approx 100 total yards on the ground and win by 7.
                      "You just stood their screaming. Fearing no one was listening to you. Hearing only what you wanna hear. Knowing only what you heard." Metallica

Comment

Are you f***ing retarded?  Joe Mays is the best middle linebacker in the Great West.  I hope you are just talking smack, because if you aren't you're in for a treat.  He's gonna whoop up on your no-name running backs.
                        Da,

Seems like an appropriate name. After the Jacks run for 200 yds will see what brilliant comments come from you. My expectations are not great. After a couple of our "hogs" brush Mays aside I suspect our RB's will be in for a treat.....its called open-field running.
                        We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by FargoBison

So NDSU is overated because we haven't played three teams(combined) as good as Montana, Texas St, and GSU? Like I said NDSU earned their ranking by beating good teams and if NDSU and SDSU were to have switched schedules and SDSU had the same record and ranking there is no way I would call you overated. Weber St is rated 26th and NDSU shut them out(41-0), Nicholls State is 19th and NDSU beat them 28-13 in the dome. Nicholls is a team the beat Texas St and almost beat Big Ten Indiana.
                          Who the hell cares who is rated what, what teams have been played or who beat who? I know the Jack's and Bison players and coaches don't give a rats butt. I for one hope NDSU fans continue to waste time being worried about their ranking in the polls.

The game is decided on the field on gameday by the players, coaches and officials. Nothing else matters.
                          We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Unfortunately, there are no alumni events planned prior to the football game. The entire alumni staff will be at the Mall of America in Minneapolis. The SDSU Drum Line and SDSU Brass Line will be performing a concert for 400+ alumni and friends at that location.

This is really too bad. The Alumni association has got to do a better job in the future. This game should be one of the biggest for both schools both as a game and a source of income. I'd much rather they were at Fargo, even though I am a Bison fan

Comment

Originally posted by Bisondad

This is really too bad.  The Alumni association has got to do a better job in the future.  This game should be one of the biggest for both schools both as a game and a source of income.  I'd much rather they were at Fargo, even though I am a Bison fan
                              I agree.  That I why I wonder the reasoning behind NDSU choosing to have the NDSU vs Montana State game as their satellite game this year.  

Go Jackrabbits!  ;D

Comment

Hey jackrabit1, I'd like to know what you mean when you said that the gold star band members are treated like second class citizens. It's either the Pride or the Gold Star mb for me after hs. That would figure in to my decision if the gsmb is not treated very well. My friend thats in the gsmb hasnt mentioned anything to me about it, so it interests me about what you think.
                                "Cheer the team from South Dakota with loyal hearts so true!"

Comment

Working...
                                X