Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: UNC

Originally posted by uncbearsfan

Jackmd-  please don't try to piss me off even more.  I just found out that my bicycle was stolen, (a b-day gift from my wife).     > > > >
    My bicycle (also a B-day gift from my wife) was stolen from my own garage 3 years ago. Pissed me off for awhile but I got over it. You potentially stole our conference spot, no pity from me.
    We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

UNC stole your conference spot? Why are you so angry at UNC? Seems you should be angry at the BSC.

Comment

UNC stole your conference spot?   Why are you so angry at UNC?  Seems you should be angry at the BSC.  
        Angry at Fullerton, maybe. The BSC may have gotten duped. I think they made a mistake. Time will tell. My opinion, the NCC made UNC, I don't think history will repeat itself.
        We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

Comment

89:

Okay I see what you saying. I guess I seen too many D2 match ups in Greeley, and Brookings. have always had a great deal of respect for their talent and coaching, and maybe the only point of difference. I also think with 42 scholarships, they to are struggling. SDSU seems to be holding its own, but we dont want to accept 42 scholarships as status quo.

To comment on the stats you sited, NCC championships is not a good one to site, since SDSU won their last one in 1963 and UNC joined the NCC in 1980. If you compare the starting points on the year UNC joined the NCC, its zip to 5, UNC favor. Also before joining the NCC, they had some very good teams in the RMAC.

SDSU should be able to handle UNC on Nov 19 and if we can break our losing streak in Fargo, it will be a very big game for SDSU.

Comment

This is as good a place as any to inform everybody that the goal for next year's football scholarships looks like it is going to wind up at 51.
            Well we need to average 57 Scholarships over a two year period to schedule a D-1A team. (Correct me if I'm wrong). If we have 51 Scholarships next year and 63 the year after that, then we will average 57 over a 2 year period. It looks like we are still planning on going to 63 Scholarships and should schedule a D-1A team in the future.
            (\__/)
            (='.'=)
            (")_(") Feed the Rabbit!!

Comment

Originally posted by NorCalJack

Well we need to average 57 Scholarships over a two year period to schedule a D-1A team. (Correct me if I'm wrong).  If we have 51 Scholarships next year and 63 the year after that, then we will average 57 over a 2 year period.  It looks like we are still planning on going to 63 Scholarships and should schedule a D-1A team in the future.  
              You are correct and I believe that is the plan. Now, we need some money! As I said before, I think the investment will be well worth it.

Comment

Dalton keeps stating that unc only has 42 scholarships but every other source has said 50 this year. Dalton is a horrible coach and very pessimistic and his excuses don't hold water when you consider that SDSU, UCD and NDSU have all beaten UNC. those teams are basically on equal footing and i don't hear them making the pathetic excuses that dalton makes. I want dalton fired so I can stop agreeing with rabbit fans on how horrible our program is right now.

Comment

Well we need to average 57 Scholarships over a two year period to schedule a D-1A team. (Correct me if I'm wrong). If we have 51 Scholarships next year and 63 the year after that, then we will average 57 over a 2 year period. It looks like we are still planning on going to 63 Scholarships and should schedule a D-1A team in the future.
                  When you say we'll be at 51 next year, does that mean we'll raise the money for the endowment to be at 51, or just have the funds for 51, and continue to work on the endowment?

Comment

Originally posted by ballz

When you say we'll be at 51 next year, does that mean we'll raise the money for the endowment to be at 51, or just have the funds for 51, and continue to work on the endowment?
                    Good question.  I do know we have a long ways to go to endow all of our scholarships. I would think the budget will allow 51 scholarships or more. Dr Oien mentioned at the JC a few weekss back that they would be allowed to award as many as we can fund.

Most of the 100 and up contributions(excluding gifts to existing endowments) to the Jackrabbit Club generally go to fund current year scholarships for all sports. I suspect a number of these gifts will go to  the 51 or more football scholarships.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd

Angry at Fullerton, maybe.  The BSC may have gotten duped.  I think they made a mistake.  Time will tell.  My opinion, the NCC made UNC, I don't think history will repeat itself.

You think the NCC made UNC?  You're not a very smart football fan if you really think that.  

(*From the Moderator - Edited for Content. Easy on the personal stuff)

Comment

You're a joke.  You think the NCC made UNC?  You're not a very smart football fan if you really think that.  
                        I'll wait for UNC to prove me wrong.  If they do, kudos.  If not, the jokes on you.  I posted this on an SDSU fan site, you came in and were offended.  Try to understand context.

I understand you taking offense and will let your comment about me being a joke slide.  I admit I have less knowledge about UNC football than you.

There may be a little envy on my part as well.  Conference affiliation is the next important step forward in the move to DI.  UNC has secured that and we have not.

I'm sticking it to UNC for their current struggles.  Many times we have had to endure the same.  I'm not on a UNC site saying bad things about UNC.

Sticks and stones my friend.  Looking forward to Saturday.  If you can make it I'd love to speak with you.  I doubt you'll come away thinking I'm a "joke".  Then again, maybe you will, doesn't really matter to me.

Nice work moderator. I don't mind the petty insults.

Comment

JackMd: I would just like to know why you think the NCC made UNC? What is your reasoning?

Comment

You're right 89rabbit.  I bow down to your mighty bunnies.   What was I thinking??
                            'bout time you wise up

Comment

JackMd:  I would just like to know why you think the NCC made UNC?  What is your reasoning?  

Here is what I was basing it on:

Not sure when UNC joined NCC but I thought it was early 80's. I believe previous to 1980 they had no playoff appearances. Then from 1990 - 2002 (Glenn era) they had 8 playoff appearances. Would Glenn have been the coach if they weren't in the NCC, maybe.

I choose to make the assumption that the level of competition and performance in the NCC encouraged UNC to upgrade their talent and level of play. It seems logical but I will admit that my thought process may be flawed. No doubt Glenn played a large role.

Your success the first year at IAA came on the coattails of a NCC championship team. Last year and this year have not been so successful.

I would equate it to our womens BB program. Without the high level of play from the ND schools I doubt we would have invested as much in womens BB as we have. The results are obvious even as we move to DI. Will that continue, we will see this year.

Make any sense or still just a joke? Please correct me

Comment

Questions, did UNC increase scholarships with the move to the NCC? I know it was a lateral move in DII after Northern Ia left for the Mid-Cont.

I don't know enough to say wether scholarships were increased with the move to the NCC but I do know UNC struggled mightly during the 80's.

Does what I said make any sense or am I way off here? Did the move to the NCC not do anything for UNC? Why did they even bother joining if it wouldn't make a difference? Just looking for answers, always wanting to know.

Comment

Working...
                                X