Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UNC

Originally posted by JackTwice
    I have been to every home game this year and one of the road ones and I don't ever remember us getting an excessive celebration penalty.  
    I could be wrong, but I thought we got two of them against Southern Utah. That was another ugly game with alot of penalties.

Comment

• Re: UNC

I have regarded Hank McCall as a very class player who is going to be missed next year and years to follow. He really showed his skills a year ago in Greeley holding Vincent Jackson, now in the NFL, to few receptions. That was a big game too. I am not necessarily trying to make a big deal of his celebration, just a little disappointed, also disappointed with the team as whole with their total penality yards. Not sure of the number without looking, but it was a bunch.

So beyond that not much else to say, except its been fun watching the Jacks this year. It would have been nice to have more wins, but apparently that was not in the cards.

I know this probably should be on the officiating thread, but I do think its a very hard job being an offical, especially if you were my age in the mid 60's. I believe the officals as said were from the NCC, which I understand receive all of 100 dollars for doing the game.

Knowing all the rules and being able to recognize them is one thing, but also being able to keep up with game of 19-23 year olds who are in top physical condition requires also a phyical obligation along with the mental preception and reaction. I would think Saturday's refs did not have any problem sleeping Saturday night despite all the boos' they received.  They had to be physically tired.

Furthermore, I think most of the calls probably had substance. If you were to sit down and chat with these refs on a one on one conversation, we would all understand the call better.

In my past career I got a chance to know a person who has officated in NCC games. He told me its not easy since most of the schools are all calling the NCC commissioner on monday with questions about officating. So not only do they get it from the fans in the stands, but also it comes back to them from the NCC commissioner.

Comment

Working...
      X